“Just a Little Lacking in Pizaaz All the Way Around”
Review of Chef Leu's House

Chef Leu's House
Ranked #18 of 33 Restaurants in Shelburne
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Well Known Best of Asian restaurant in Chittenden County.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a perfectly serviceable restaurant and our meals were OK, just nothing to write home about.

Lows

- server could have done a better job refilling our water glasses throughout the meal--particularly important in the summer

- Chef's Spectacular dish arrived not heated thoroughly enough, not heated (in the microwave?) all the way through

- Buddha's Delight dish was aggressively bland and unfortunately no option upon ordering was provided for the patron to specify level of spiciness s/he would like. I doused it in soy sauce, but... :(

- Noticing I was hungry only an hour and a half after we ate our meal, I suspect the use, possibly the heavy use, of MSG

Highs

+ clean with nice décor

+ flavors of the Chef's Spectacular dish were good

+ the brown sauce of the Buddha's Delight dish was tasty

+ availability of local micro-brews!!!!! So happy to be able to access those! The Fiddlehead IPS, for example, was tasty and not overly hoppy and the Drop Inn Brewery's signature beer was well balanced and very drinkable. Hooray!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was impressed with the cashier/Hostess and the Waitress but not the food and the timing it took for the food. I ordered some simple dishes and I was very disappointed.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We eat at chef leus at least once a week . The decor is beautiful ( they just redecorated their restaurant ) and the staff are amazing . Food is always hot and delicious and we highly recommend the general Taos chicken .

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Have to say; this is has been my favorite place to dine over the past decade. I only visit with a singular best friend who introduced me to it seven years ago, so most often when we have dined out Chef Leu's has been the the place of choice.
I'd never been a big fan of 'Chinese' food (too greasy) but Chef Leu's blend of Chinese, Japanese and Polynesian style cuisine always leaves me eager for another visit. And grease? What grease! Every dish is prepared with care and excellent ingredients. The egg roll and pork fried rice are the best I've encountered in the U.S. The beef teriyaki skewers, mouthwatering. Entrees are generously portioned and prices are very reasonable.

What makes Chef Leus truely exceptional, for me, is that it is a 'local's' establishment. Just off the beaten path, one can actually carry on a conversation in its homey, earth-toned dining room. The family/staff are incredibly gracious and the service is impeccable.

I hope my friend will ask me to go out for dinner again sometime. You, on the other hand, do not have to wait for that call.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at Chef Leu's! The restaurant does not look like much from the outside but the dining room is big and is really clean!! We ordered a few dishes that we shared with our group and everything was delicious! I was amazed by the dish garnishes..I know it is silly but they really really looked great!!! We would visit that restaurant again in a heartbeat. The service was great and the prices decent!