“A pleasant, Amish like atmosphere”

Dutch Mill Family Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Shelburne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“A pleasant, Amish like atmosphere”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The place was small - 10 tables and a counter with 4 seats - but neat and clean. The staff was pleasant and the ambiance reminded me of Amish restaurants in PA. The food was good.

Visited August 2013

Pelham, New Hampshire
“Breakfast all day! Good for kids!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We drove by the day before and noticed that the parking lot was full so we stopped this morning on our way down to Woodstock and were not disappointed.

My husband likes breakfast and was quite happy when he saw that they serve breakfast all day. He pronounced the Corned Beef Hash with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce as great.

I, on the other hand, prefer lunch and ordered a Rueben that was quite good. The Reuben came with French fries that I tried one and left the rest...not the best.

The restaurant is small and they do have outside seating at picnic tables during the summer. I believe that you order the meal inside and they will bring it out to you.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went here with my husband and daughter. Food was great. Tried the homemade bread and it was worth it. Small but very cozy and comfortable!

Visited August 2013
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
“Still thinking of those pancakes...”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had breakfast at the Dutch Mill Family Restaurant during our trip east and I have to say it was one of the best breakfasts I've had in years. It was very busy when we got there so we had to wait to be seated for a few minutes but it was worth the wait. The restaurant had a very casual feel to it, as if most of the customers were on first-name basis with the owner and staff. There was one server for the whole place which caused a bit of a wait for service but overall she took great care of us. She was friendly and efficient and seemed to know many of the customers there. The owner (I assume he was the owner) was also very friendly but also clearly had high expectations of his staff. When food orders got backed up he went into the kitchen to help the cooks get caught up and then helped serve customers when their orders were ready.

I ordered the biscuits and gravy, which was delicious. My son ordered the blueberry pancakes and I'm still thinking about how good they were, a week later. Servings are plentiful, the coffee is refilled as many times as you want, and the atmosphere was perfect for a small diner sort of meal. I hope to have the opportunity to go back!

• Visited July 2013
Pollock Pines, California
“a good experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I were a bit hesitant about having breakfast here, the reviews are mixed and grumpy service doesn't impress us. however the young woman who served us couldn't have been nicer, perhaps because we initiated a conversation. The food was really good, however there is an extra charge for "real" maple syrup.

• Visited July 2013