“Great Food & Service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have eaten here several times with the food, drinks and service always having been outstanding. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The menu has great choices for every course. The mushroom fries and spicy egg rolls are amazing as appetizers but big enough to have with a salad or soup and call it a meal. Their signature hamburger is always a winner and their main entrees are great too.

1  Thank Grace101

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We arrived for lunch on a cloudy Saturday afternoon. Luckily we missed the rush so were seated right away, next to a giant black bear.

The beet walnut salad was tasty but mushroom soup special was way too salty. Fish taco made with mango instead of crispy cabbage and lime. Highlight was the sweet potato fries. Overall, the food was inconsistent but had a nice and pleasantly local feel.

1  Thank Loann W
Barkeaters2014, Owner at Barkeaters, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thanks for dining with us and taking the time to write a review. I just want to clarify that our Fish Taco reads on all of our menu's as: "Grilled Mahi Mahi, shredded greens, mango pico de gallo, cilantro crema, soft flour tortilla; slaw".

I'm unsure where we were inconsistent with the taco - "crispy cabbage and lime" is nowhere in our description of this dish, however "mango" is...our slaw is made in house with a traditional mayo, vinegar & honey dressing. Additionally, fresh lime juice & zest is used in the mango pico de gallo & cilantro crema but is not a primary ingredient.

Thanks again for your time and review!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family and I eat at Barkeaters quite frequently, including almost every Wednesday for burger night. We went this week with my elderly grandparents, and didn't anticipate needing a reservation. The place was packed. The staff went out of their way to try and assist us, even when the table we were waiting on refused to leave, seemingly intentionally. I tried something new, and had the Cobb salad which was excellent. I definitely recommend Barkeaters as comfortable atmosphere with friendly staff and great food and beer selection.

Thanks for being so patient! Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The food was excellent. We felt sorry for the two women who seemed to be on their own that evening, taking orders, making and serving the drinks and clearing the tables. They said they had not anticipated a big crowd for a Tuesday night.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We arrived to an almost empty restaurant on a Sunday evening. We were greeted, sat and watered promptly, but no one came to offer drinks until beckoned. There were four women staffers talking at the bar, and they were not very friendly. We ordered our food and drink which was served promptly. My husband had salmon, it was perfectly under done the way he likes it.
I had the Ravioli, again a hit. They were not made in house, but were very good with a creamy tomatoey sauce. My mother enjoyed Fettucine with crab cake and lobster and loved it. Sadly the decor and ambiance is outdated and dark and the staff lacked proffessionalism.

1  Thank Toottoo
Barkeaters2014, Owner at Barkeaters, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your experience. There are a few things that we want to respond and or elaborate on about your review. Yes - you and your guests were promptly greeted and sat inside of our restaurant, we want to note that the our outside patio was the desired seating of our customers that night and that we were in fact full on the patio. We apologize for not getting your drink to you as quickly as you would like but I do want to note that it was I (Barbara, Chef/Owner) that you had "beckoned" to take your order (I had just come out of the kitchen to speak with the 2 waitresses working that night) - as soon as you did ask me I informed a waitress to assist you - again my apology's for not being quick enough. I want to elaborate on the ravioli, our ravioli is made by VT Fresh Pasta Co. I have been working with Trisha (owner of VT Fresh Pasta) and featuring their delicious fresh ravioli on our menus for over 3 years! Visit www.vermontfreshpasta.com for more information on their products. Lastly, we appreciate your feedback about the décor, the Adirondack life and style are things that we enjoy and that are dear to us - we understand that it may not appeal to all.