“Small and BUSY!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Last minute decision on a Friday night - almost impossible to get a table. Seems to be VERY popular with locals, who have a standing reservation. We sat at the bar and, while service could have been more organized, we realize the part time bartender was trying to do double-duty. Hostess was really friendly, and jumped in to help wherever needed. Food was really very nice when we finally got it, amidst the mayhem. Knowing what we know now, we would certainly make a reservation before ending an exhausting day of touring Shelburne Museum! The locals know!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel staff. A very wide ranging menu from Italian to traditional Vermont with good prices. Family friendly and interesting to visit. Well worth going to.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

First visit with an old co-worker. Very pleasant place. Decent decor. Food was very tasty and I'd have it again. The service was super fast and my soda never ran empty. Price a little high with the extras on a burger but nice to have the options.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Many friends 'remember' the first days when Barkeaters was just figuring out their new idea and honing their skills. Well, forget those days. The past 2 years have been stellar. While I too had some mixed experiences early on, I can't say that anymore. My parents raved about the patio, the men's group all had the lasagna with Switchback - then raved,.Our biking group met for the Burger night (Wed.) - and raved. I've never had a coffee encrusted pork that can best Filet Mignon, except at Barkeaters.

Yup, I'm a convert - from skeptical to happy.

The ambiance is warm and a slice of the Adirondacks.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

While on a day trip around Shelburne, VT we found ourselves not knowing where to go for lunch.
While in another store we were told to try Barkeaters, just down the street.
Off the 4 of us went. We are so happy we took that sales persons advice. What a great little gem.
The restaurant is not huge --just a nice size.
The menu is vast enough to please anyone's tastes.
I ordered a BLT---I was given 3 choices of bread and decided on rye--which actually turned out to be a swirled pumpernickel and rye--amazing. Bacon was done exactly as I asked--fresh garden tomatoes and lettuce and a wonderful side on home-made potato chips with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese--the whole plate was wonderful. Also others ordered farm beef burgers that were raved about--a side of julienne sweet potato fries, Also 1 person had a ground turkey burger--the whole experience was great.