“Great lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Burlington, Vermont
“Great lunch”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

First visit with an old co-worker. Very pleasant place. Decent decor. Food was very tasty and I'd have it again. The service was super fast and my soda never ran empty. Price a little high with the extras on a burger but nice to have the options.

Burlington, Vermont
“Better and better with time, like a fine wine”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Many friends 'remember' the first days when Barkeaters was just figuring out their new idea and honing their skills. Well, forget those days. The past 2 years have been stellar. While I too had some mixed experiences early on, I can't say that anymore. My parents raved about the patio, the men's group all had the lasagna with Switchback - then raved,.Our biking group met for the Burger night (Wed.) - and raved. I've never had a coffee encrusted pork that can best Filet Mignon, except at Barkeaters.

Yup, I'm a convert - from skeptical to happy.

The ambiance is warm and a slice of the Adirondacks.

Montreal, Canada
“nice little gem in Shelburne”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

While on a day trip around Shelburne, VT we found ourselves not knowing where to go for lunch.
While in another store we were told to try Barkeaters, just down the street.
Off the 4 of us went. We are so happy we took that sales persons advice. What a great little gem.
The restaurant is not huge --just a nice size.
The menu is vast enough to please anyone's tastes.
I ordered a BLT---I was given 3 choices of bread and decided on rye--which actually turned out to be a swirled pumpernickel and rye--amazing. Bacon was done exactly as I asked--fresh garden tomatoes and lettuce and a wonderful side on home-made potato chips with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese--the whole plate was wonderful. Also others ordered farm beef burgers that were raved about--a side of julienne sweet potato fries, Also 1 person had a ground turkey burger--the whole experience was great.

Boone, North Carolina
“"Good Food"”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The food was good. My wife and I was there for lunch. I had crab cakes and sweet potato fries. The portion size might be a bit small for some folks. They, like a lot of other restaurants, put ketchup in small metal containers. It looks cool, but I like ketchup, so bring me the whole bottle. Water glasses were small, so the waitress was busy, but she did keep them full. The restaurant was not crowded and the service was good. Not bad or top of the line. Just average.

• Visited July 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Missed the mark”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Side salad was great but served before appetizer. Appetizer was good. Wine was good but over priced. Homemade ravioli was good but ruined by a vanilla dessert sauce. Nothing special or worth the cost. Cannot recommend. Feel like we wasted $120 for just 2 for dinner.