“Cute restaurant, great lunch spot!”
Review of Barkeaters

Barkeaters
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Shelburne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stopped here after visiting the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory and had a wonderful lunch. We were able to enjoy the cozy patio and great weather. There are lots of unique sandwiches on the menu and we all enjoyed our meal.

2  Thank sunny330
There are newer reviews for Barkeaters

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I have visited Barkeaters several times for drinks and a nosh, or dinner. The service is friendly and professional; the food always amazing (try the seafood risotto); the prices are pretentious (I own a catering business locally and know wholesale and payroll costs). Go knowing you will pay too much but your tummy will be happy.

1  Thank IngaGaminga
Reviewed May 27, 2012

A coworker recommended Barkeaters. We arrived and stood inside the door,first no one was there except customers, then a waitress appeared.She looked very busy , but a smile, helllo, ,or I'll be right with you would of been nice.We were finally seated at the high bar tables.was told our waitress would be right there.We waited quite a while then when she finally got to us we both felt VERY rushed.Lunch was good.We felt bad that we had to keep asking the other waitress for more water,drinks and items we wanted to add.We joked our waitress was a ghost who kept disappearig, we wanted to give the tip to the waitress who did everything for us. The most diappointing fact we found out after was our waitress was the owner! I still have a hard time imagining an owner would give such poor service. We thought possibly she was the bartender because she was at the bar making drinks where she went after that??It wasn't just our table she seemed to be giving everyone the same poor service.

1  Thank john l
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Jen and her staff are so welcoming and accommodating...our family loves coming here...fabulous food,great people...come check it out !

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Now I just came from eating at Barkeaters for at least the 100th time. She still didn't know my name. Her's is Jen, BTW. I tried to give her some advise last time I was there but she was insulted and that was that. I tried again today to help her, as it was Sunday evening and very few customers. Again she was angry. An other woman came out of the kitchen to support her indignation, great. So I am driven off for the offensiveness of attempting to help her understand that she is suppose to know her costumers by more than what they eat and drink. I can get that from Red Lobster or Olive Garden or Burger king.

Her help is great; they get it. But I'm a local business man who wants my support/patronage to go to a local business and that means that when I'm here three or four times a week spending good money with a good tip value of 20 to 50 % I'd like to be at least loosely aquatinted with the owner.

Forget about it. If you're from out of town, eat drink and be happy with getting what you'd expect from out of town fair, like at an airport bar/lounge. But if you're from the area, and think you should be treated like a regular who supports her year round? Ha! Better luck at Red Lobster, they at least have a sense of humility, and hospitality.

4  Thank Paul L