“Underwhelmed”
Review of Shelburne Vineyard

Shelburne Vineyard
Ranked #4 of 21 things to do in Shelburne
More attraction details
Owner description: Known for our internationally recognized award-winning wines and inviting Tasting Room, Shelburne Vineyard's sustainably grown vineyard and winery are easily accessible on Rt. 7 in historic Shelburne VT, just 5 miles south of downtown Burlington. We'll welcome you to taste our wines, tour the vineyard and winery and we'll share the story of how we make fine wines in VT's cold climate. Spend an hour or an afternoon, enjoy a glass of wine with some local cheese on the Patio or in our cozy Loft and ask us about planning your own special event here. We promise a warm and friendly reception and discovery of some new favorite wines. We're open 7 days a week, all year, closed only on Christmas, New Year's and Thanksgiving Day. Hours are from 11-5 (Nov-April) and 11-6 (May-Oct).
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 24, 2013

They didn't have any type of greeter when we entered so we were not sure what to do as the tasting counter was full and there were people standing all around. We finally snagged a spot and were not impressed with the service. It's decently priced but the wine was not that great. I've been to quite a few wineries and this is definitely at the bottom of my list.

All reviews
"wine tasting"
in 29 reviews
"take home"
in 11 reviews
"crackers"
"tasting room"
in 9 reviews
"definitely worth a stop"
"vineyard tour"
"cheese board"
"woman working"
"beautiful location"

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stopped here on our way to Lake Placid from Burlington - had a quick tour with the owner. He was welcoming and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was fun and the staff was very friendly. Would definitely stop by again!

The wines had great taste - a variety for anyone to enjoy!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Scenery is beautiful, the girls working there were very pleasant and helpful. Someone, who I assume to be the proprietor, was very welcoming, approached me directly, and told me to make myself "at home". It was a very welcoming environment. My only recommendation would be for them to add some stools/chairs at the bar where the wine tastings take place.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a nice little afternoon here, trying some wines, the ice wines were delicious! Our wine guide was very knowledgeable and friendly and helped us choose wines from the list that she thought we would most like.

It is a great value, I think it was like $5-10 for 8 tastings, and it was fun. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Bos2n
See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am certainly not a wine aficionado, so I really stopped at this winery for the experience and not the wine. It was a rainy day and we just left the Vermont Teddy Bear Company. The winery is almost across the road, which is very convenient. I suggest going to both if you are in Shelburne. The place was lovely, mixing traditional Vermont with hipster. You can skip the tour unless you are just curious about wine making. The guide (a young man in skinny jeans) went over the basics, but it wasn't terribly interesting. Wine tasting occurs after the tour, but you don't need to take the tour to do that. I loved the inexpensive souvenir wine glasses, and we ended up buying a few bottles at a reasonable cost. The staff was nice enough, though not exactly friendly. However, the rainy day made the vineyard look absolutely charming.