“Worst Hotel, Thin walls dirty noisey”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Shelburne
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Shelburne
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Shelburne
Reviewed November 4, 2008

This place is a mess, I would not recommend to anyone. Rooms are pitiful, walls are paper thin, floors echo noise room to room. Plumbing from adjoining rooms rattle and bump, I never new plumbing could be so loud. I am a choice privileges diamond member so I stay with Choice hotels 40 plus times per year. This location and Rodeway inn up the street (Owned by the same family) are dumps. Do not stay here, it is worse than third world.

I moved to the Econo lodge after spending a nite at the Rodeway. The Rodeway room had plywood patches on the floor , mold , peeling wallpaper and no heat! The room was 45F and I was offered a space heater,,,,The radiators, yes radiators were not hooked up. Pitiful

Do not stay at the Econo lodge or Rodeway on Shelburne rd. They are the worst

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ScrumpyCider
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Shelburne

Reviewed September 26, 2008

I went there in late August 2008. The outdoor Temp was still good to take a plunge in a outdoor pool in Vermont. The pool was extremely dirty. The pool filter was off and I am sure it was not on all summer long.

My room was old and cheap. Mold in the shower. Stained chairs and stained bed sheets. This place need major renovations but I see that the management does not want to put a penny here.

It is my worst stay in a Choice Hotels chain.

Not recommended.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Intravino
Reviewed September 22, 2008

My wife and I traveled to the Shelburne Econo Lodge for parents' weekend at our daughter's college. We would have stayed elsewhere (we travel to Burlington frequently, and usually stay at either the Hampton or Motel 6 in Colchester or the Double Tree in Burlington), but this was the only available lodging within a 50-mile radius (big red flag).. this is a very busy season in the Burlington VT area. Now... I can understand charging a bit extra for rooms when demand is high, that is the American way. But for $110 a night... at an Econo Lodge, no less... we received: a room reeking of cigarette smoke, spider webs in the lamps, a fire alarm that went on for hours until the motel figured out which room it was going off in, moldy walls & ceilings, a shower that could not decide whether it wanted to give off cold or hot water (my wife was slightly scalded on one of those moments), a bathroom door that would not close, a lumpy bed... need I continue? We couldn't request a new room... the place was full... and couldn't go elsewhere, there was no room elsewhere. We were almost embarrased for the Econo Lodge name... this place was terrible. One bright spot... there has to be one in all places... the continental breakfast was actually edible and tasty. It certainly softened the pain from the previous nights. Next time, I will definitely plan my trips more in advance so I do not get stuck with this Econo Lodge, and will not stay in this motel again. Too bad... I have stayed in other Econo Lodges, and although they were not 5-star, they weren't 0-star like this one.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Ti99er
Reviewed August 19, 2008

First of all I have to say that I OVER PAID to stay in this hotel and it is not worth $79.99. It needs major renovation. My husband and I can start by the statement of FREE HIGH SPEED INTERNET what a false statement. There was no internet connection at all In the room there where spiders and bugs in the corners of the room. The room had an awful smell like mold and felt very damp. There is no coffee machine and there were holes in the towels and the lazy chair had stains on it. The blanket looks very old but clean but the fleece blanket had burned stains and was full of stains. There were cracks and water stains near the patio door. The patio door was hard to open. Not mentioning the moles in the bathtub. You would need to be careful when walking down the stairs since they are old and slippery when it is wet and the paint is coming off.

In the laundry room area and also the ice & vending machine was terrible it smelled awful and there was water all over the floor. There were packs of cigarettes outside on the grass and yellow pages book thrown outside near our room. The presentation of the hotel is very poor!!! We skipped the breakfast and did not risk to take a shower in the moldy bathtub.

Overall I would say this hotel would be the most a one star hotel. I would not return but I do not recommend anyone to pay more than $50.00 for a room here. It is rundown and needs major renovations inside and outside of the rooms. Especially when the banner sign of Econo Lodge in front of the hotel is torn. The hotel does not look like the pictures on the website. The pictures on the website was for sure taken when they first purchased the hotel.

For myself I would not return and would not recommend this hotel unless you do not mind staying in an old rundown hotel smelling of mold.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank MayaD
Reviewed July 6, 2008

This place is much more ghetto than the photo looks. The employees at the desk are rude. They have no care or concern for female travelling alone. I will never stay at another EconoLodge again if their corporate believes that this is acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Porsche_8
Reviewed April 1, 2008

Nice appearance, great price, good location. It's not a horrible place to stay but I hope that the Manager/Owner takes some of this advice. (Sam Desai, general manager, replied to a comment on July 4, 2006 about a guests stay on July 5, 2005 (commented in Aug 2005: in this reply he said they are new management, have fully renovated & appreciate the comments) Sam, here's mine!

My husband & I stayed for one night @ this Econolodge in a King Smoking Suite. this is one of the newer 2-story buildings on the property) For starters, we pulled up to our building & exited the car, we were greeted by RM 141's barking dog who was left alone until the evening, & whose owners were gone again by 8am the next morning, again leaving the dog alone to bark at every car door, room door or other random noise it heard.

We were glad we brought our own pillows!!!! the 3 provided for our king bed were sooooo lumpy it felt like the cheapest polyester fluff. The 'Fitted' sheet was a flat sheet that was just barely large enough to cover the matress from head to foot so by morning was everywhere & we were on the bare mattress. the cover quilt looked like it was from the 80's, the fleece blanket had many holes burned in it, and the headboard wasn't fully attached to anything b/c it kept knocking on the wall everytime you touched it.

the kitchen & bathroom faucets sprayed everywhere when turned on due to poor handle movement (hard to turn on so it's not gushing & spraying back at you).

Unseasonably warm temperatures for March 29 made me want to open the window for some much needed ventilation, only to find that one of the side windows of our livingroom bay window was locked from the outside, and the other was BROKEN & wouldn't fully shut!!!

carpets weren't bad, couch had no support in the back rest part, i sat down, leaned back & almost hit wood. the fabric was all puffed out with no cushion behind it!

some of our lights had no bulbs, the bathroom smelled moldy (& my allergies could tell) probably caused by the showerhead that wasn't screwed/attached onto the main pipe well enough. i twisted it on more just so that my shower would be more powerful with fewer random sprays over towards the sink.....

all-in-all very interesting experience, not too bad for a $50 suite, however they could try cleaning more throughly & stop making half-done repairs (hire a contractor). I'd give it another try due to the price (for the location & amount of space), but I will be fighting for my $$ back if things aren't slightly better.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Never go here! You are wasting time and money. It has a serious problem with upkeep and cleanliness. We stayed here during the Vermont marathon since most hotels were booked. My husband was running and never could get a good night rest because the bed was uncomfortable. The bathrooms were moldy with waterstains on ceiling. There was a huge hole in the wall near the front door as if the front door was slammed into the wall. It was suite and the fire alarm was not functional (not even connected) but the bedroom one was intact. The curtains were tattered with metal hooks on the floor ( not good for active toddlers). It looked dirty and felt dirty. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. I would never stay here again. I strongly recommend not staying here if it is the last place in the Burlington area. It was the worst place.

• Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank GuestNewJersey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Shelburne? Share your experiences!