“Not again.”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Shelburne
Burkburnett, Texas
“Not again.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Older hotel. Leak in bathtub. Summer and some problem with a/c, would only work on high. Stains on walls.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bald Knob, Arkansas
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This motel was a Choice Hotel. However, it did not have the qualities a Choice Hotel should have. It had a very tiny bathtub, no hair dryer, no ironing board nor iron, and no refrigerator.
It was clean but the bathtub had paint chipping off the side. The drapes were old and part of them were falling down. It does not represent the CHOICE Hotels well! This motel should have only cost about $40 a night instead of the $81 charge. It is in the chain of CHOICE Hotels such as Econo Lodge, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn, etc. and in my opinion, it does NOT have the qualities one of these hotels represent.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel for this price!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Shelburne hotels

ste-sophie
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We checked in early afternoon on tuesday, and i had a discount coupon , the womem at thé desk let me know there is no discount room available so i paid 10 $ more. Where i don't agree i was almost alone in the hotel. Thé place is old not very clean inside and outside . It Will need to be remodeled pretty soon. It well located 5 minutes from downtown many restaurants around

• Stayed June 2012
Foresthill, California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I booked a king smoking suite. Upon arriving I discovered the coffee maker leaked water all over the counter and was broken and the radio alarm clock was smashed. Both were replaced by maintenance. Then I needed a hairdryer. The one they provided would plug into the wall because the out didn't have enough room for the gfi plug to fit. They had to bring me a different dryer. Then I needed hangers. It was stuffy in the room and I attempted to open the windows, but the cranks on the bottom of the windows were either broken or missing all together. I then attempted to plug in my computer at the desk but the wall outlet didn't work...so they had industrial extension cords running around the room for the electricals, which made me nervous of a possible file. The room had a kitchenette with an electric stove top. I didn't dare to try to cook anything as the coils were pulled out from their sockets and sideways on the stove. Then I noticed the ants...running in a parade down the wall and up from under the sink and from under the stovetop which was filthy.I called Maitenance and they sprayed ant spray all around the kitchen and floor, which smelled terrible and since the windows wouldn't open, I had to leave the door open to the rain and turn the AC up full blast. This was day one.. I have been her 4 days and have had ants running around every day. They left me the can of bug spray so I've been dousing them and asking maint to clean out the dead bugs. This place should be shut down by the health dept.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Debra G
Rotterdam
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My Partner and I stayed at this EconoLodge numerous times. The last time though was the very worst. I think it was sold before our last stay. Our room was dirty also. I had my laptop on the desk and many times I would open it to find tiny ants crawling all over the keyboard area. I also laid my ring down on the bathroom counter to wash my hands as I was reaching for the towel to dry my hands I accidently knocked the ring into the drain. I was mortified to find the drain did NOT have a drain stop of any kind. I thought my ring was gone for good. I called the front desk and asked that an attendant come right away and retrieve my ring. I was informed they would have to hire a plumber, at my cost, to do it. I was so pissed I reached under the sink and found the drain "pipe" was not properly attached and it took very little effort to dislodge it... there was my ring in the elbow!!! After our first night we went about Burlington for the day; when we came back we found our room had not been touched at all!!!! No bed service, no clean towels, NOTHING. The front desk stated that we had our "Do Not Disturb" placard on our door. I informed him that was a blatant lie as we could not hang that placard due to the fact that the room did not have one! I love the Christmas Loft across the street, but it is not worth staying at that place. We stayed prior to May 2011 but this site will not allow to go back any further.

Room Tip: If you want quiet stay in the back away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We ended up in Shelburne VT for the night as that was as far as we felt like driving that day. Sadly, we did not have access to Trip Advisor when selecting a room. If we had, we would have taken the advise of fellow travelers and picked another place to stay. The rate was okay at $52.00 for the night however it was probably about $50.00 more than it was worth.

The door was not working properly and we had to shove it with our foot to open it. The first thing we smelled when the door opened was similar to a wet dog. The room itself was fairly clean but old and in desperate need of renovating which made it seem filthy (if that makes any sense). The bathroom had no caulking around the tub, the top of the blinds were rusted as was the heater in the bathroom. The bed seemed to be fairly new but the bedspread had seen better days.

We just didn't have the energy to keep searching for another place so decided how bad could it be for one night. Our neighbour left their tv on all night, how do I know that? Well, because the walls are so thin we could hear everything next door. When they decided to have a shower it was like they were running the water in our room. At one point the floor was shaking in our room and we realized it was from the people next door walking in their room.

If there is something good to say about this place they offered waffles at breakfast and the internet worked really well. Certainly not high on my priority list. Aside from those two things, the word dump comes to mind.

This is the second time I've stayed at an Econo Lodge and both places were less than suitable. Think I will avoid this chain on any future travels. I'm not tough to please as all I really need is a clean place to sleep and have a shower. I didn't even use the shower in the morning.

Word of advice.....chose another motel for your stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dutchie33
Trenton, Maine
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The suites had a very roomy living room and bedroom area with new carpeting; however, cleanliness needed much attention. The bathroom and the kitchenette were extremely dirty, and I feared turning on the stove top would cause an electrical fire. The front desk staff was courteous; however, the cleaning staff needs to be better managed with higher cleanliness standards set. It appears that capital improvements and maintenance has been neglected over the years. Current management is attempting to improve the property; however, it will take time and tender loving care.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Shelburne? Share your experiences!