“Great stay for a great price, comfortable and clean ,nice and helpful staff”

Days Inn Shelburne/burlington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shelburne
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Our stay was short but very nice . The hotel was very clean and the beds very comfortable. The young gentleman at the front desk was extremely helpful with everything from luggage to dining reservations. The morning breakfast was ready for us as we are very early risers. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 19, 2011

I arrived at this Days Inn in the late evening. Although there was a slight odor present as I made my way down the hall, for the price-I expected I could deal with it. As I entered, I turned on the light switch and walked into an extemely warm room . I tried to find a light that worked to check the thermostat (only the overhead entrance light and bathroom light worked). The light on my cell phone let me see that the room temp. was 80 degrees, with no option to turn it down. I also noticed the cover of the baseboard heat was lying on the floor. When I informed the front desk of the lights/heat and undergoing a cross examination, there was no apology, just a brusque "You know what? There are just too many problems, we're moving you closer." Room number two was somewhat cooler, baseboard heating unit was intact and the lights worked. However, there was an exterior door leading directly to the parking lot, which was missing the extra locking mechanism at the top of the door. Rather than deal with the main desk again, I pushed a table (with the laminate peeling off) in front of the door as a precaution. Needless to say, I didn't bother taking advantage of the free continental breakfast.
When asked how my stay was, I did inform the desk clerk of the night clerk's response to my concerns. Although he did reply that the clerk was a nice guy- that didn't make my stay any more pleasant. Won't be stopping here again, although I will be making frequent trips to the area.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
ezink, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

We're very sorry about the experience you had with the first room that you visited, a room thats too warm is certainly not satisfactory. We appreciate your business and patience with us greatly, but there are some serious errors with this review we feel should be addressed so that the public isn't reading incorrect and inaccurate information about our hotel.

Firstly, we feel our staff did everything to accomodate you and quickly and politely as possible. We placed you in our only King room that has access both the outside and inside, which is a very popular room among our regulars. We wanted you to feel comfortable and welcome so moving you to the best room possible was our top priority. We did this very apologetically, and if you feel that we were not courteous enough, it is something we will surely work on and take into great consideration.

Second, your claim that our locks have been removed is incorrect. Guest safety and comfort is our utmost priority and we would never place a guest in a room that we thought could possibly be tampered with from the inside or out. What you thought to be a 'removed' lock was actually just a piece from our old lock system which was only manual. In the past year we have replaced all of the outdoor locks, which were both bolt locks and latch, with heavy bolt locks in addition to highly advanced electronic locks, which only the guest has access to. We understand why this may have been confusing to you, but I am here to assure you that your safety was in no way compromised and our lock system is modern and completely secure.

We cherish your business and appreciate you taking the time to review the Days Inn Shelburne/Burlington.

Eli Zink
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2011

I stayed here the night before helping my daughter move back into UVM this semester. The room was clean, the employees were friendly, the rate of the room was very reasonable and there was even a complimentary breakfast offered. The separation of smoking and non-smoking rooms into distinct halves of the hotel was one of my favorite features.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My stay at the Days Inn was very nice. The staff was great, very polite and helpful. It was a great deal and I feel as though I got my money's worth. The continental breakfast was great for me because I start my days very early and the food was simple but good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Unfortunately the breakfast was not great. Free internet acess, a great pool,a very convienent bus stop across the road which takes you into the centre of Burlington which is a very pretty city. Even more so when you visit in leaf peeking season!!! Great food in town
Burlington is a very big city it has over 60 different colleges and university. There is lots to explore in Burlington including the original place of where Ben & Jerry Icecremy first started and Lake Champlain and Vermont an incredible very picturesqe place. Once you have visited Vermont you will want to come back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
ezink, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2011

BertandCathie,

We appreciate your review of our Days Inn in Shelburne Vermont. We agree that Burlington and the surrounding area is an incredible place to vacation whether it is summer, winter or the beautiful leaf season. Right now we are in the midst of improving our hotel in various ways including renovation of the reception area, additions to the breakfast room as well as offering discounts to all the local attractions. We see that you did not have as good of a breakfast as you may have desired. Each morning we serve: fruit, bagels, muffins, donuts, waffles, oatmeal, juices (apple and orange), coffee and various types of bread with different jellies and spreads. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests stay so if you wanted to, we would love to hear your personal feedback on how we can improve our breakfast, so feel free to call us or email us dmolsen52@comcast.net. We hope to be able to host you again on your next visit to the beautiful Burlington area!

Eli Zink
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2010

A hotel has two things to offer....a good night's sleep and a good shower in the morning. We slept fine, but both mornings, the shower temperature was cold. I complained and was given a minimal discount, $21 per night (two nights) for our inconvenience. I expected the shower to be fixed the second morning as promised, but no such luck. I would not recommend this hotel. It was the only room around during UVM parent's weekend and we had to stay there. Would have preferred a steaper discount as an apology or better yet, hot water! The decor was basic and the room small. The continental breakfast was cold cereal, muffins and bagels. The coffee was weak and we had to visit Starbucks down the street for some real coffee.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MATRAVEL
ezink, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

We appreciate the time you've taken to submit a review for our Days Inn. We have reviewed your stay and concerns and would be happy to discuss it further with you. Feel free to contact us via email or phone and we can discuss your stay further. We apologize for the issues with the shower, we have sorted out our pipes to ensure that won't happen again. Again, we appreciate your concerns and we have done and continue to do everything we can to offer the most comfortable and enjoyable stay we can at discounted rates.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Used two different point sources for a 2-night stay. Had to change rooms for the second night even though the second night room was obviously available [we checked in to the second room at 8 am!]. Both rooms were of comparable value - right down the hall and equally noisy from activity overhead and from very loud AC units.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
ezink, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

We appreciate your review of Days Inn Shelburne/Burlington. We take your concerns seriously and have done the best we can to critique our performance based on your reviews. We are in the process of getting all-new Air Condition. As for moving from rooms, certain rooms have obligations for certain days, including reservations and renovations. We apologize for the inconvenience of switching rooms, we will continue to do our best to improve the stay of all of our guests while maintaining a friendly staff and courteous staff and clean, comfortable rooms. Thank you for your review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 4 in Shelburne
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington

Been to Days Inn Shelburne/burlington? Share your experiences!