“Excellent hotel experience again”

Days Inn Shelburne/burlington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shelburne
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I was here last weekend on another business trip and was happy that this hotel met and exceeded my expectations once again. First of all, at the check-in front desk associate by the name of Botur was very friendly and helpful with my special requests. Also, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and assortment of candies were a pleasant surprise. Second, room was perfectly clean and quiet with a view of the pond in large backyard that let me relax after busy and tiring conference day. Third, breakfast area was all ready for guests even before 6:00am which was nice for early risers such as myself and variety of food as well as dining area furniture seemed to have improved. The view from porch is very relaxing. Finally, ladies at housekeeping, breakfast and front desk were super responsive and overall, check-out was fast and efficient. That's what I call excellent hotel experience and I would certainly recommend this Days Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Junbish M
dmolsen, Owner at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear Guest;

We like excellent! Thank you for reviewing our property and for sharing your perspective. I am sure it helps to have a friendly human exchange after mind numbing conference fatigue. We like your numbered points (someone who has been to a conference). I will let Botur know that your found him helpful and we certainly hope that you return to the Days Inn Shelburne for your lodging needs when you are in our area. Happy travels!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

My business trip to Vermont was highlighted by a very pleasurable three nights at the Shelburne Days Inn. All my needs and requests were met with a helpful response and in a timely and thorough manner. I was given a lot of assistance with directions to help me find my way around the area. And the breakfast they put out was quite a cut above the usual hotel morning fare. Good job! And kudos to this hotel.

Mike Attenborough

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Mike A
dmolsen, Owner at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you for your positive review of our property. We are pleased that our motel met your needs as you have so graciously expressed. We hope that when you are in our area that you stay at the Days Inn Shelburne. Happy travels to you!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were so gratified to have chosen the Shelburne Days Inn for our recent visit to the Burlington area. The service was impeccable, the staff was attentive and most helpful, the rooms were very clean, the pool very clean, and breakfast were excellent. Overall it was a completely positive stay. Dyan was the hostess and front desk person and truly one of the most gracious I've ever met.

Room Tip: My guess is they're all fine; we were on the east-facing side and it was quiet and the views wer...
1  Thank jaqjajaq

Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for your positive review of the Days Inn Shelburne. We are pleased that you took advantage of the pool and the breakfast. It appears from your tips that you enjoyed a great view and that is most gratifying for our grounds keeping team. Please visit us again if you are in our area. Happy travels this fabulous summer!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend as we seen our oldest off to college . Before I booked I read a few reviews an although they weren't all good I decided to stay anyway . So glad we did . This location Is clean and quiet the beds are so comfy. Breakfast was enjoyable the stay was pleasant and very helpful .The general manager went above and beyond to make sure our room was ready for early check in . She's defiantly a jack of all trades you rarely see managers being present and so hands on. Thank you for the wonderful stay see you guys in October .!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you for your positive review of our motel. Now you are an honorary Vermonter since you have a child in college here. We thank you for your perspective and for taking the time to share it. We hope that you stay at the Days Inn Shelburne when you visit your oldest. Please introduce yourself when you stay next time. Happy travels!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We have stayed her two times, and each time were greeted by friendly staff, and enjoyed a well stocked Continental Breakfast area. Some places say "Continental Breakfast" and give you cheap coffee with powdered creamer, and a bagel. Not here! Fresh Belgian waffles with VT Maple Syrup! cereals, coffee, 1/2 & 1/2, hard boiled eggs toast, bagels, cream cheese, and much more. All attended and kept up by an attendant. The front desk will get you anything you need to make you stay comfortable, and the rooms have all one could need, short of a personal butler (microwave, fridge, coffeemaker for single serve cups...). They even have common areas with games for keeping youngsters occupied. We will be coming to the area a few times a year to visit with our college girl, and my wife and I have decided this will always be our home base. during these visits

Recently renovated, and very, very nicely done. Staff is working hard to make this a great place to stay.

1  Thank NormanH1956

Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for your review. We love that you recognize the value of a good breakfast and that you noticed the toys for the kids. The secret is we love kids. Toys are a strategy we employ when the weather gets bad as it has recently.
We are pleased that you will be staying with us again in the future since you have a college student to visit. Have a happy Labor Day and welcome to Vermont!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Front desk staff was not friendly and appeared annoyed with request for service. Pillow cases were dirty. Room was not made up nor were towels changed. Exterior doors to the hotel were unlocked and anyone could enter without a key card - even in the night. Minus a couple of bottles of water and soda, vending machines were virtually empty. There is a lovely deck off of the breakfast area. It is only open during breakfast, which is too bad, because the view is nice.

Hotel has potential, but at this time we couldn't recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
dmolsen, Owner at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Guest;

I was exceedingly disappointed to hear your complaints as well. I do not understand if you are saying the room wasn't cleaned when you got to the hotel or if it wasn't cleaned the next day that you stayed over. We would like to know if at all possible. I believe you stayed the 16th and the 17th of August. Our laundry is done by the same service that does all motels in our area. Our staff is directed to return any pillow cases or sheets that may have a spot on them. If we have fallen short on this it would be very nice to know who was a fault for this oversight. We do not clean rooms that display the DO NO DISTURB sign, as this is common practice in motels and the means of communicating that you do not want anyone in your room.

Our deck is open until 10 pm nightly. It is never closed during the day. After 10 pm it is possible that guest would be disturbed by conversing so we direct them to the pool area in that case. We are perplexed as to how you were under the impression that it was closed. The dining room is closed but not the deck.

This rash or recent bad reviews is very distressing for me personally. We have put an enormous amount of money into renovating. Our grounds are spotless and available for everyone to enjoy. Our staff is personable and multi-linguistic. We get compliments all the time for the extra mile we go to make our guests happy. If there is something that doesn't please you all you have to do is speak to someone at the front desk and I will try to rectify it as quickly as possible. If our machine is out of soda we will go and buy some for you and often have. There is basically almost nothing that we are unwilling or unable to provide you I sincerely apologize for the impression you left with and for any inconvenience that you may have experienced.. We are a family operation. We conduct business as such. We want everyone to leave here feeling like they have visited with friends and family.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Unless you get a renovated room you will be staying in dumpsville. We checked in late SK did check out the room bit in the morning I was looking around an saw clothes in the corner. I thought it might be from my 10 yes old but quickly realized that it was someone else's dirty underwear. They must clean real well if they missed that. The room was horrible and looked worn and dirty. I will not stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Derek V
dmolsen, Owner at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear guest:

The previous answer to the complaint made by your wife is as complete as I can state it. It is clear your intention is to be as damaging as your can be. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Dianna

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 4 in Shelburne
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington

Been to Days Inn Shelburne/burlington? Share your experiences!