“Clean, cute and quiet.”
Review of Serenity

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shaftsbury
Serenity
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shaftsbury
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband, myself and our 13-year-old son spent two nights in one of the Serenity Motel's small cabins/cottages and it was perfect for us. We used both the air conditioning and the heater (it was June in Vermont so that can happen), they worked great and we were quite comfortable. I'm not sure I'd want to spend more than a couple of nights in that cottage however - there really wasn't much room and zero privacy (other than the bathroom). But everything was clean, everything worked, and the owners were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Call the very helpful owners with any questions.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Serenity

Reviewed October 23, 2010

Nestled in the shadow of Stratton and Bromely ski areas, this 'motel' consists of small, clean, cozy cabins . Two can be shared by larger groups or families; all have good-sized front porches with comfortable furniture and barbeques for outdoor enjoyment. Close to Manchester Center (Northshire Bookstore, Outlet shopping, Hildene) and Arlington (Norman Rockwell territory). Some of the most beautiful backroads in New England. Unassuming, delightful, with the best hospitality that I have ever experienced when travelling.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kschutta
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I just can't say enough about this wonderful place. Although it's been around for many years, it seems brand new. My cottage was extremely clean, and it felt like it had a new paint job. The owners are terrific, and very accommodating. I only have one complaint: it's only open from May through October.

The location is excellent; centrally located, and rural. Very easy to find, as it's on a main road.

As for the price, quite low for what you get. Dumpy places in the area ask for much more. This place is an incredible bargain.

I can't wait to stay next summer!

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank teachernthehood
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We spent a wonderful weekend at Serenity Motel with our dog, and it is not the first time we have been here. The cabins were clean and while a little small, just fine for what we needed--comfortable beds, a quiet setting outside of town with beautiful scenery all around us, pleasant and attentive innkeepers, a small microwave oven and refrigerator in every room, and if you needed to stretch out a little more you could sit on the front porch. The grounds are as well maintained as the cabins. The bathrooms are a little small but presented no problems to us. We so appreciate that the motel has a dog friendly policy and look forward to going back again next year!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Very laid back & friendly owners who made everything about our stay EASY. We loved our little cabin and the quiet and peaceful area. Everything was very clean and there is a large area out back for bbq-ing and star-gazing. Will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaxCR023
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I didn't have a clue what i was getting myself into by taking this trip by myself.When i arrived @ serenity motel the service was quick and relaxing and before i can say my name the owner knew it was me.That was nice.When i got to my room it was like my own apartment now that was sweet.It was easy to get here from conn and thats what i liked about it.Well now that i know where serenity is i will be back.Oh and another thing i'd like to mention, the people of vermont are nice. Thank you for the SERENITY AND PEACE and this is coming from a mom of four kids.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The cottages were very nice, quaint and in a good location outside of town. The untis were very clean and well kept, as were the lawn and grounds. My parents love a rustic atmosphere, so the cottages were nice. The rooms were a little small, but I Belive the first 2 cottages are as bit smaller than all the others. You could park on the lawn just in front of them, which was a nice benefit. The location was good, being just off the road and away from the hustle and bustle of town. You have easy access to Route 7. My parents loved the mattresses, the front porch and the heater unit. They all made our stay over Memorial Day weekend quite cozy. We stayed in the 2 conjoined cottages with the connecting door inside. The only drawback for me was that you needed to run the fan in the unit to block out the noise from an occasional car speeding down the major road (route 7A).

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank TravelerDB68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shaftsbury
Hampton Inn Bennington
#5 of 8 in Bennington
Best Western Bennington
Best Western Bennington
#2 of 8 in Bennington

Been to Serenity? Share your experiences!