“Pet Lovers Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Dog Chapel

The Dog Chapel
More attraction details
Owner description: Built by renowned artist and founder of Dog Mountain, Stephen Huneck, this unique chapel, welcoming both parishioners and their dogs, is styled in the manner of a 19th-century village church in Vermont.
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pet Lovers Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Unbelieveable sentiment portrayed by humans for their pets. The founder wrote some great childern's books about pets. Their are pocnics for pets and other celebrations worth the time of visit.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Len R

Baltimore, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“If You're Passing Through...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

When my family and I visited the Dog Chapel, on a road trip, and needed to get out of the car for a bit, and St. Johnsbury was that place, and as per TripAdvisor, I found the Dog Chapel! And I'm glad we did. We were in a week in to our two week trip, and missing our pets greatly, and seeing all the people with their dogs made us happy, but my mom and I had to leave the actual chapel bit before we started crying (people's tributes to their deceased pets were on the wall.) The art they have there, of course, is lovely, albeit expensive.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank devontastic
Hardwick, Vermont
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“a great place to stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I thought the place was pretty cool, the first time I saw it, but then I realized that the stained glass was just inserted with dog art into old glass. It certainly is a unique experience, even after the artist Stephen Hunek has passed away, but personally, I didn't have the desire to ever go back, once I had seen it all. I can't afford any of the artist's carvings or furniture and his marketing to the public is a bit overdone.

4 Thank NEKArtist
Rochester, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Respectful space for dog lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

This is a beautiful, tiny chapel dedicated to the memories of dogs past and present. To see the multi-colored pastel notes all over the entrance is very moving. Each contains a tribute to a beloved family pet.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Nancyzim
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If you have a soul...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Then you absolutely must visit Dog Mountain. We didn't even plan to stop here, but turned in at the last minute after seeing signs, and we agree it was the most moving part of our entire sightseeing adventures. Dog lover or not, this is a MUST see place!

Visited October 2011