“Benissimo!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were shopping in St Johnsbury as part of a day trip we took from our home in Vermont, about 2 hours away from St J. We had lunch at Cantina Di Gerardo, and it was a fine experience. The service was seamless, the food was delicious, and the ambiance not too formal but tasteful. It also seemed very family-friendly as there were children there who were enjoying themselves. I also loved the Italian music, the fact that the air-conditioning was not too cold or noisy, the decor not intrusive. The menu was varied, but the idea we loved the most was that you could get a half portion of all the dinner entrees at half price - the perfect size meal for a lunch! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves real Italian food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I live just outside of Manchester, New Hampshire. We have traveled all over the world including France, Germany,Ireland and London. This is still our favorite restaurant . If you enjoy authentic Italian food then you must visit this establishment.

1  Thank Cessnaflyer172
Reviewed July 12, 2012

But it was the middle of the week so they just did not plan to be so busy. But it was slow, specially if you are dining alone. Food was good. Their tomato sauce is very tasty. I did find it slightly overpriced for the area, but,the food was plenty. I dined on two appetizers. I am giving four stars but I may be stretching it. I guess given the other choices, it is ok.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We ate here while on vacation. It's a very quaint little place, friendly service. The food was the show stopper though. Great food. My only complaint was the price for my 4 and 5 year olds portions of spaghetti. It was either 11.95 or 12.95 a piece for a plate of spaghetti for them.

1  Thank jaco0268
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This place is all about the food. And when you go out, isn't that what you want? An italian restaurant like this is a rare find in the Northeast Kingdom; truthfully, it's a rare find anywhere. Great flavorful meals made with fresh ingredients, all with sauces that are well done, and not over the top. This is not your momma's spaghetti with jar sauce plopped on top. Everything we had was delicious. The only down side is that the night we were there, it was understaffed and the wait for everything was longer than anyone would have liked. The service however was very very good. The owner's wife constantly checked on us, which is good. Be prepared, this isn't an inexpensive pasta dinner place. But it certainly is worth it when you're in the mood for great meal.

1  Thank SalemMARC