“Good food, pleasant experience”
Review of Cantina Di Gerardo

Cantina Di Gerardo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
“Good food, pleasant experience”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

6 of us went to this restaurant on a Tuesday; it was about 8 pm. The restaurant was almost full but we were able to get a table in a few minutes. We all ordered wine and were served right away with hot bread and oil. Each of us ordered a different entree. They all came out at the same time piping hot, enough for lunch the next day! Delicious and will return....

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank M T

Boston, Massachusetts
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We arrived on a Saturday night around 8:30. Upon entering this grumpy old lady, asked "how many?" We told her "two" and she walked away. Thinking she was about to seat us, we followed. She immediately snapped at us and told us that a table wasn't ready and we would have to wait. After 5 minutes, we sat down. Our table was squeezed in 6 inches on either side of 2 other tables. We asked to sit outside at that point and they responded "if you want to" and never offered to move us. 15 minutes later, we still hadn't been greeted. When she did finally come over, the waitress stood there and stared at me. I thought she would introduce herself, go over menu items, offer us a drink, etc. Instead she demanded to know my order and told me to "spit it out, I don't have all day." At this point, we should have left, but we were hungry. The bus boy came over and slammed down our salads (which were sparse) and 10 minutes later, followed up with bread. Our meals finally came out and they were not worth the wait. The lady that served us was terrible. When my fiance was eating, she came over to ask why he pushed around his meal and said it must be because he didn't like mushrooms (which he does). He explained why it wasn't for him and she said, "well you got the pesto" as if that were a good reason for lack of taste. She took forever to bring the check and wrapped our leftovers in a reused plastic bag. All in all, this was the worst service I have ever received. I never write reviews but it was so terrible I had to warn people. For your sake, DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT. They were rude and the food was awful!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank hdubs16
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
“Waited twenty minutes before we got a menu”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

we arived at 6:30 on a saturday , we were sat and then forgotten about. Place was half full , about 20 people. Their were two servers, one seamed to be an owner. we didn't get menu until after twenty minutes. We were never asked if we wanted a drink. Could not tell you what the food is like because we never got a chance. We fianally just left. Very disapointed, we will never return!

• Visited September 2011
Wells, Maine
“The best Italian food outside of Italy is hidden in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom!”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This restaurant was my favorite for special occasions in college, and I was so sad when they closedseveral years ago- Imagine my delight (giddiness, my boyfriend would say) when I found they had reopened right in the center of downtown St Johnsbury! Tucked into the same building as the town's wonderful bookstore, Cantina di Gerardo's is smaller than it's original sire, but features the same delicious menu & the same great owners. One change that's unique is that all their dishes are now served directly from the skillet, hot & seeming to your table. I recommend the bruschetta to anyone, having convinced several people they actually DO like tomatoes with this perfect dish. The cheese is melted perfectly with fresh garlic & sweet cherry tomatoes, making the bruschetta reason enough to visit Gerardo's. But of course that's not all- their pasta dishes are exquisite & flavorful, and their calzones make a perfect casual meal for two (or feed one for a couple days). If you are anywhere near St Johnsbury, make sure you stop in at Gerardo's!

1 Thank LuciaVon
Montreal
“A wonderful find”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We wandered into St. Johnsbury somewhat by chance. Also by chance, we picked this place for a nice Italian dinner. The food was tasty and well prepared, the service was very good (although the staff initially seemed a bit overwhelmed) and there was a very nice choice of wines by the glass. Very good value and high quality for a small-town restaurant. A perfect choice for an informal sit down dinner. I would go back any time.

• Visited August 2011