“DELICIOUS”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

WoW, the steak was about the best I have ever had in a restaurant. Food great overall. Don't miss this place if you want great food.

1  Thank Karen L

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is not the place to go if you are looking to have a drink or two past say, 10:00 on a Friday or Saturday night. My friends and I showed up at 9:30 and sat at the bar. It seemed very lively at first!.. there were 25-30 customers in the pub and 5 or so employees, sitting at one end of the bar, even dancing behind the bar! The bartender took his time pulling away from his co-workers to take our order, he really seemed pained to do so and then when we got our drinks, we were presented with the bill at the same time, and informed that they were "all done serving for the night". At once, the music was turned off and the light went up.. although there were still 15-20 patrons with drinks still in hand, some folks still even had plates of food in front of them. We purposely drank our cocktails slowly, as these were the only ones we would get, and noticed that one select table (who seemed to know the staff well) managed to have their glasses and bottles refilled several times, not to mention the staff members themselves, who by this time were quite animated and yelling at the top of their lungs across the room to one another. We paid our bill and left, as it seemed they wanted us to.
I've had decent dining experiences here in the past, though the service has always left something to be desired.. after this last time though, I don't believe I'll be back. Weird place.

4  Thank Tonya P
Stacey N, Owner at Bailiwicks on Mill, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Good afternoon, Tonya. I am extremely surprised to read about your experience at my establishment, and I am eager to get to the bottom of the problem, so that I can fix it. Your are more than welcome to call me directly at (603) 444*7717 to talk one on one about this. I would be more than happy to listen to what you might have to say further.

Stacey

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is our go-to place for special events; the building has a quirky charm, in good weather a seat by the mill is lovely, the food has always been great. AND they are open on Sunday night. Our latest foray was for my brother's birthday, so 2 couples arriving on time with reservation. Three of us had pre-dinner cocktails & we shared 2 apps--the short ribs and the calamari. Ribs delightful and generous enough for 4; calamari nicely cooked but longer on garnish than on calamari. The "boys" both had the prime rib which was gorgeous, tender and tasty.
The "girls" each had spinach salad; one added salmon, the other shrimp--both delicious. Desserts were the creme brulee, chocolate mousse cake and a chocolate/hazelnut bombe(? can't remember exact name) All were decadent & wonderful & we had great fun sampling and sharing.
But the server!!! Oy, vey! I think her name was Lynn. Try not to have her; this was the first time we ever had such awful service there. She started out by leaving the menus--which are large-- on the table, well after we had placed our orders...they were in the way so, when she brought the apps, she had to reach around them. In the process of her awkwardly asking to have dishes passed to her for removal, she spilled my husband's martini--of which he had only had 2 sips. She did bring a napkin to cover the wet cloth and replaced the martini ( but tried to charge us for it later) She did not replace used silverware, just removed a dirty knife from my app plate & put it back on the table cloth. She spilled food in front of me when removing one dish--no apology or attempt to clean it up. She first brought one salad with chicken topping when the order was for shrimp. Although we asked for an extra plate with our 3 desserts, she had to be asked again for it, and even then we were served dessert with no silverware. I don't know many people who can eat creme brulee with their fingers...We wound up "stealing" the silver ware from an adjoining table. Coffee also came with no spoons...in short she was clueless and clumsy and really not up to their normal standard. Understand the prices and ambiance of this place are generally fairly classy.
We were not cranky or vengeful; we did not make a fuss over any of this. We tipped her 15%, but we are normally 20%+ people.
We do intend to return, but will be on the watch so as not to get this person again.

Stacey N, Owner at Bailiwicks on Mill, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let know how we are doing. While I am very happy that our kitchen fulfilled your expectations, I am equally as dismayed at the level of service that you received. We pride ourselves on taking care of the details, and this was not the case for you and your guests last week. I take every review quite seriously, and will take steps to correct this problem.

Respectfully submitted,
Stacey

Reviewed October 14, 2013

loved everything !!! service and food ask about it because its a little hard to find when you don't know the area but its worth it

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had dinner on a monday night in October.
The girls at reception were a bit uninterested but as soon as we were seated the pampering began.
Friendly, efficient and knowledgable Kathy guided us through the menu and we had a really enjoyable meal.
Not perfect but good flavours, solid preparation ( except for the dry chickenbreast my wife had) and everyhing served with a smile.
Highly recommended for a enjoyable meal