“Small town surprise.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I was passing thru this town and Trip advisor gave this restaurant it's highest review out of 11 restaurants to eat at. Sat at the bar on a very cold afternoon & had their soup of the day - vegetable soup & what the mill called "the best wings ever". Soup was quite good as well as the wings. "Best ever" wings, no but quite good. Atmosphere at bar nice with the real pulleys hanging from ceiling. Thank you trip advisor commenters for helping me fill my belly with delicious food on a cold February.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went here for brunch but mainly to see Stephen who was our waiter at Bailiwicks in Littleton, NH last year. This is different than their restaurant in Littleton. This is more down to earth. We ate at the bar because Stephen was bar tending. He made me a fantastic drink called Cucumber Basil Gimlet. He said that "if you could put summer in a drink, this would be it." He used to work in NYC, so he is very good and he is a St. Johnsbury native.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Pretty disappointed in the service we received last night for Valentines day. I called and made a reservation on Tuesday for a table on 2/14 at 7:30pm. We showed up at 7:10 and low and behold, no reservation to be found. That's okay. I can handle one mistake with tact and grace.

We went to wait in the bar for a table after being assured that we would be seated as quickly as possible. It took 15 minutes for the bartender to even acknowledge us and take our drink order. That's okay though, they were busy, I understand.

We waited and had our drinks and eventually found two seats at a back counter top and waited for our table. No one acknowledged us or offered us a menu. I had to walk back to the front of the house and ask the hostess for menus since we were getting hungry and had been waiting for over an hour and a half. Once we had our menus we quickly decided what we both wanted to eat but, alas, no one came to take our order and despite several attempts we couldn't get the attention of any of the waitstaff.

I'm incredibly disappointed in the multiple failures of last night. Not only was it inconvenient but the poor service and multiple breakdowns ruined the nice dinner date we had planned for Valentine's Day. Needless to say- we will not be returning.

3  Thank JEliasbet
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I make it home about twice a year and always made bailiwicks in Littleton a stop. We have now been home twice since they opened the Mill st location and it is as good as its sister store. Food is consistently great. Its so nice to have an establishment like this in our tiny little town.

1  Thank Nickd7
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was recently in St. Johnsbury to attend a funeral and my family of four wanted to eat out together at a nice restaurant. On a recommendation we ate at Bailiwicks (on the restaurant side) in a high-backed booth. The booth was wonderful as it felt very private so we were comfortable talking about the event that brought us to town and the food was wonderful. I ordered my own appetizer and shared a steak dish with my sister, then ordered my own dessert....of course wine was also ordered.

All four of us loved everything we ordered, our waitress was attentive and everything was served promptly. I will definitely eat at Bailiwicks again and am looking forward to checking out the bar area.