“Ok...but”
Review of Fairbanks Inn

Fairbanks Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Not much to chose from in this area. Perhaps a little competition would make this place better. Nice surroundings with lawn and pool, however rooms could use a little "makeover". They have wi-fi, but the farther you are away from the office the less it works. Not too good when on business and need to do computer work.....needed to go to the lobby. Checking inn person was friendly, but checking out in the morning was as if we werevan interruption.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for posting a review on the Fairbanks Inn. Saint Johnsbury is in fact a small community with lots of small town charm. Our rooms are currently being remodeled. We have recently repainted as well as added new lighting fixtures, newer televisions and bedding to our rooms. In addition, our WIFI signal is being modified to enhance coverage around the entire inn. We use all guest feedback to improve the level of service that we provide. Please know that both team members have been made aware of your review and observations. I appreciate the feedback on many levels. I hope the next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with the Fairbanks Inn again. Until then safe travels.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our one-night stopover at the Fairbanks Inn was great fun and quite relaxing. The pool was refreshing and watching the sun set from our ground-floor room patio could not have been more romantic. We even chatted with friends from home who were also having a mental-health getaway there. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review of the Fairbanks Inn. I am thrilled you chose us as your "mental health getaway" destination. I agree that the view from our pool level rooms is great, but the view from the upper level private balconies are even better. The inn's balconies overlook the Sleepers River. Watching the sun set while listening to the river adds the perfect relaxing touch. Again thank you for your kind words and until we meet again safe travels.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

When I moved to this town during one of the famous, but unusual Vermont heat spells, I spent a week in the Fairbanks Inn because my home was not ready. The staff were all very pleasant, friendly, and helpful as I struggled to find my way around. They even gave me a discount since I had to stay so many nights, (unexpectedly) for which I was so grateful. The room was large with a refrigerator, comfortable beds and a spacious, clean bathroom. The courtesy guest computer in the lobby was most helpful as I tried to get myself established, although it was frequently in use. Because of the heat, I particularly enjoyed the pristine pool, and what I was later to realize, was the best air conditioner in town! I will be forever grateful for the genuine hospitality extended to me by the staff of the Fairbanks Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LakeNormanLucy
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Fairbanks Inn. The outdoor pool has been a blessing this summer during the hot and humid spells we have been having. I am so glad you were able to relax by the pool and cool off. It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our community and I am so thrilled everyone on my staff made you feel welcomed. I truly hope you enjoy your new home. Thanks for choosing us as your first stop in the area.

Best of luck and again thank you for your kind words.

Respectfully,

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed Friday night, 8/3/12. We booked this hotel because it was much more reasonably priced than the local chain hotel. We are glad we did. Very clean, very spacious room. It's a bit older, but so well maintained that this a certainly not a problem. Comfy bed, lovely view and great staff. Olivia, who checked us in, was wonderful. She gave us a dinner tip (well, confirmed that the place we'd chosen based on a tripadvisor review) was a good choice and even came up with plastic forks for us so that we could try some of a pie that we were given while visiting relatives. We didn't use the pool, but it looked so inviting on the hot weekend we were there! It was very clean and well maintained, too. This is a great choice if you're going to the Northeast Kingdom.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank malka74
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for placing a review on trip advisor about the Fairbanks Inn. As you mentioned, we are in fact a bit older, but the staff works very hard to keep the inn in pristine condition. We take great pride in our property and the grounds. As you mentioned Olivia is fabulous and I will be sure to pass your comments on to her. I enjoy hearing the good deeds of my staff. Again, thank you for your kind words. I look forward to your future stays here at the Fairbanks Inn. Until then…safe travels.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel has huge rooms, which makes it perfect for a family. We have stayed here on four different occasions and would definitely recommend it. Last trip we were travelling with someone who has mobility issues but we were able to get a room on the ground floor in front, with a nice balcony overlooking the pool and the great view. Motel was clean and staff were very friendly and willing to recommend places to eat, as there is no restaurant on site. They do have complimentary teas and coffee in the reception area, We were given a coupon for 10% off at a diner for breakfast and it was a typical old fashioned diner with a very good breakfast menu. There is a fridge in each room, which is great. Not sure about things to do in the area as we are typically only passing through this area and staying one night.

Room Tip: Ask for the Manager's rate.....you can often get a better deal.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Fairbanks Inn. As you mentioned the rooms are "huge" or oversized. There is more than enough room for a family of 4 to 5. We also have a few handicapped accessible rooms that each have beautiful views of the courtyard and trees. Each room does in fact have a fridge and microwave as well as an extra vanity. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. Again thanks for your review on trip advisor.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with a beautiful view, and a balcony. The room is spacious, the bed is comfortable, and the hotel staff was very friendly. The only reason I rated this 4 stars rather than 5 is because the bathroom tub looked a bit dirty, but I am also extremely picky about hotel bathrooms, so it is rare that I’m completely satisfied with one. The balcony and view was a pleasant surprise and the balcony is pretty private since the hotel is surrounded by trees. The TV is a little outdated, but there is a good channel selection. I did have difficulty getting the internet to work, which is a downfall for me because I really need access to email when I’m traveling on business; however, I find I often have trouble with good internet connectivity at any hotel I stay at in mountainous areas. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again if I found myself in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed in a poolside room at the hotel. The room was large and nice. It was clean and except for the tv being older there were no complaints. The only thing about the hotel that was lacking was the parking for handicapped travelers, The back ground floor rooms have no stairs which is good but the parking lot for them is pretty far from the rooms. This makes it hard for a handicapped individual to get to the room. They have tons of lawn space but no close handicap parking available. They may want to get rid of some of the lawn space and put in some handicap parking spaces. The front rooms ground floor rooms have no stairs too, but they have gardens and a rail that blocks access to them from your car parking and makes you walk all the way down to the office entrance and then back to your room.

Room Tip: Not a good bet for handicapped people because of parking.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Fairbanks Inn on Trip Advisor. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay. We have been improving our guest rooms and have recently upgraded the televisions. Please know that we do have designated handicapped parking in the front of the inn. For our guests convenience, the inn's accessible rooms are right beside the lobby. Again thank you for taking the time to review the Fairbanks Inn. We hope to see you again!

Safe travels…

Best Western White Mountain Inn
Colonnade Inn
Colonnade Inn
#1 of 1 in Lyndonville

Been to Fairbanks Inn? Share your experiences!