“nice room, basic amenities”
Review of Fairbanks Inn

Fairbanks Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The room was very spacious, two double beds, fridge and microwave. The bathroom was equipped with heat lamps; appreciated at the end of a cool day. There was also a separate sink in the area across from the bathroom. This was convenient while my boyfriend was in the bathroom. The only complaint was that there was no breakfast. Good location in St Johnsbury. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Thank you for reviewing the Fairbanks Inn. I would have to agree the
heat lamps are a great added bonus especially when it is chilly. The
extra vanity is wonderful and allows two people to get ready at the
same time and not having to rush so much. We do not have breakfast but
do have hot chocolate, coffee, and tea as well as discount coupons for
our guests to the Miss Lyndonville Diner and Anthony's Diner (both are wonderful). Thank you
again for taking the time to review the Fairbanks Inn and I hope to see
you the next time you come this way.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were there for a fall foliage - which was great, as expected.

This motel is OK. For the price ($159 in the middle of nowhere) - could be better.
We had a room on the first floor.
+Big room.
+Good beds.
+Nice receptionist.
-Non-smoking room smelled as if it used to be a smoking room.
-TV - old, blurry picture.
-Ventilation - noisy, hard to fall asleep.

They recommended "Elements" restaurant - it was really good, unexpected in such small town, with a good sense of style and humor.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you for reviewing the Fairbanks Inn! Our Foliage season is a great time of year to visit Vermont. The changing of leaves is a beautiful thing to witness. I am sorry you were
disturbed by the air vent noise. I've informed our maintenance staff and will get it fixed ASAP. We have recently just upgraded out tv sets. I am sorry you had viewing problems with yours. We have taken care of that problem. We converted the Inn three years ago to be 100% smoke free. We do our best to keep our guest rooms smelling nice and having our guests feel as if they are at home. Elements is a great restaurant! Again thank you for your comments and I will be sure to pass them along to the staff. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Vermont! Until then safe travels!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

We drove an extra hour to get to the Fairbanks Inn based on the reviews. It was as good (or better) as they had said! As we pulled into the parking lot you could tell this was not your run of the mill chain hotel. This place has charm! We found friendly and courteous service.

We were very impressed with our room. It was larger than other hotels - without paying the extra for a suite. Our room also had microwave and refrigerator in addition to an extra dressing vanity with sink. The best part was the sliding glass doors leading its own private balcony with a great view of the Vermont countryside.

The only negative thing I could say about the room, is that the air vent had a a strange vibration in it every time the fan came on. It was not bad enough to ask for a different room - we had asked for one on the first floor. We were in the room right behind the office. It was still a very nice room with comfortable beds - a winning combination.

Would I recommend the Fairbanks Inn - you bet I would!

Room Tip: Room Tip: No elevator - how heavy is your suitcase?
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to not only post a
review about the Fairbanks Inn but for driving an extra hour to get to
us. That is amazing and we feel honored you chose us. Our rooms in fact
are oversized and larger than most standard hotel rooms. The extra
vanity is a plus especially when two or more are trying to get ready at
the same time.I am glad you enjoyed your view from your private
balcony. The views at times are breathtaking. I am sorry you were
disturbed by the air vent noise. I've informed our maintenance staff and will get it fixed ASAP. Again thank you for placing a review and I hope you visit
again soon. Tabitha

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Located on the banks of the Sleeper River near the famous St. Johnsbury Academy prep school, the Fairbanks Inn is a comfortable, basic motel conveniently located within walking distance of the downtown attractions including the St. Johnsbury Athenaeum and the Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium. The rooms are reasonably priced and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful and the inn reserves several rooms for those traveling with their pet dogs. For those seeking a base from which to operate during foliage and ski season, this is a decent place to lay your head down each night. One quibble - rooms on the lower level furthest away from the lobby (Rm. 101 specifically) get no Wi-Fi access, at least as of this posting.

• Stayed: October 2011
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairbanks Inn. My team members and I work very hard to make each guest's stay as comfortable as possible. As you mentioned, we are centrally located and a great property to enjoy all the regional attractions and events. As we like to say..."we are close to everything, but far from expensive". We are just minutes from downtown Saint Johnsbury. Quick access to the planetarium, library, farmers market,corn maze, Kingdom Trails mountain biking, Burke Mountain for skiing, and local eateries. We are currently working on the internet signals on the ends of the building. I am very sorry you did not have good internet access, but I promise it is being remedied. Again thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I hope you stop over the next time you are this way. See you in the future...Tabitha

Reviewed September 30, 2011

The Fairbanks Inn is the place to stay in St. Johnsbury. I was there for the Vermont Senior Golf Amateurs which was played at the St. Johnsbury Country Club in July 2011. The Inn gave us a really good price on our rooms. We loved the pool, very clean and not too far from our room. After golf the pool was so refreshing. Next year the Vermont Women's Amateurs will be played at St. J CC so we'll stay at the Inn, no questions about that. The location is the best, in two minutes you are on the interestate. The people who work there are so Vermont nice. I can not say anything negative about the place.

Room Tip: We liked the 1st floor in the back because it was close to the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairbanks Inn. We loved having you and the other wonderful golfers stay with us. The SJCC is a great golf course! It may be less than 2 miles from the inn, but I would drive much further if needed. The fairways, greens and overall course design are my favorite in Vermont. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our renovated pool area. It is a great benefit to the property. Perfect for cooling off in the evening. Again thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to pass them along to the staff. I look forward to seeing you next summer

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Tabitha and the gang were absolutely wonderfull. They made Beckey and I feel like family.
Big shout out to Pat who took good care of us and the girls. i would highly recommend the hotel.

Thanks for everything
Dave

Room Tip: All room have a great view. Facing the pool is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Fairbanks Inn as well as your sweet comments. The entire staff enjoyed our time with you and your girls'. You are correct that the rooms facing the pool are the best as the views are phenomenal. Best of luck with your newest venture and welcome to the community. Thank you for choosing the Fairbanks Inn .Again thank you for your review and I will pass your words on to Pat- she is in fact fabulous!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I just returned from my 3rd stay at the Fairbanks Inn and enjoyed another great stay. The first two times, there weren't many people and it was nice & quiet. With this last stay, there were many guests with their dogs and children, plus a group of wedding guests. Everyone was respectful of the other guests. No partying outdoors or in the rooms, no children loud and running rampant like I have experienced elsewhere. One evening, we found that WiFi was not working so we couldn't use our own computers. Other than that, no problems. Although I left my 4 dogs at home with my husband, I love doing business with those who are pet friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyTravelerCT

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairbanks Inn. We try very
hard to be sure that all guests respect one another no matter how big
the party is. I am very glad that we succeeded at this again .Thank you
for letting me the know about the wifi situation as that is being taken
care. Next time you travel out this way be sure to bring your 4 legged
family members. We enjoy meeting ALL of our guests, 2 legs or 4. Again
thank you for your kind words and until next time, safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
19 mi away
Nootka Lodge
Nootka Lodge
#1 of 1 in Woodsville

Been to Fairbanks Inn? Share your experiences!