“Dylan's made lunch memorable”
Review of Dylan's Cafe - CLOSED

Dylan's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I had lunch at Dylan’s in St. Johnsbury, VT. Note, my GPS had the wrong address, since they recently relocated to the old post office building on
Eastern Ave. The atmosphere reflects remnants of the old post office. Service was statndard.

The food was outstanding. I had a turkey sandwich which was made with home roasted turkey, apple slices and maple cured bacon. It distanced itself from any “deli style” sandwich you might be used to. In addition I had a bowl of French onion soup that was by far, the best that I have ever had! The 1/2 sandwich and soup combo was $11.50 which I felt was reasonable. My wife had a quiche special and stated it too was the best she has ever had. If you find yourself in the area, I hope you find it as memorable an experience as we did.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had company visiting from Maryland who wanted to go out for lunch. We picked Dylan's, and we had a wonderful lunch. My wife and I each had the "Dylan's Turkey" sandwich which came with a small bed of greens. They roast the turkey themselves, which is much better than the processed turkey from a deli. It was delicious, as were the greens with their salad dressing. Our company had the 1/2 sandwich and a cup of soup combination. They enjoyed their meal too. This is a great place to enjoy a delicious meal.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The sandwhich I had was sensational, hot, tasty, unusual, and the owner was very friendly. I had just lost a beloved dog, and she and I shared many animals stories through our laughter and tears. My dog Abby was not only allowed to sit with me, she was treated to a plate of turkey. Of course it was a special occasion and we were the only customers at the time, but it sure made me feel better. I will return to Dylan's on my next visit for sure!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've been here twice in two days...that's how good this place is! They were open on Labor Day (a miracle in VT) and the food was as good, and the menu selections as extensive, as the day before. I had the cashew chicken salad and my coworker ordered a salmon dish. They both arrived properly served and with generous portions of grilled chicken and cashews (and salmon, for him). Our server was friendly and attentive, but didn't 'hover' or disappear for extended lengths of time. The cafe is located in a former post office and has local artworks displayed (and for sale) on the walls; most of it would be at home in art galleries. If we're within 30 miles of St. Johnsbury again this week, we're going back.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were in St. Johnsbury driving through and stopped here for lunch. It's in an old post office building in the middle of town. The food was terrific with an emphasis on local and fresh. The salads were very fresh with interesting mix of ingredients and my girls (ages 4 and 6) each loved their sandwich. While I was sitting outside with our family dog, the owner even brought out water and some turkey for him! Its a very friendly place. The service was a bit slow (you really shouldn't be in too much of a hurry in the Northeast Kingdom anyway...) but they said they were understaffed that day. While in st. Johnsbury stop by Dog Mountain if you get the chance.

1  Thank Fun_Family_Travels