Tripadvisor
Saint Johnsbury
All reviews game room hot tub free breakfast the breakfast area off the highway choice hotels exercise room indoor pool definitely stay here again fitness center yogurt great place to stay rooms are spacious beautiful area stayed one night we've stayed northeast kingdom
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check in was all right, my room is largely clean. No funny smells, which is certainly appreciated. Stains here and there which can certainly be overlooked. Not very updated, but with a comfortable bed. What threw me for a big loop was the fact that service here, regarding telephone service is terrible, so in this situation it is unacceptable to have poorly functioning Internet. I called downstairs and the very young lady who answered, told me I had to call the Wi-Fi company to fix it (with some notable attitude I might add). She couldn’t just reset the router, and I did ask. When has it ever been the responsibility of the customer to fix the Internet in a hotel that advertises free Internet, in a region with poor phone service? Why is it my responsibility to fix their Wi-Fi? I couldn’t even use my own data on my hotspot because, again, there is one mediocre 4g bar here. That made this stay very difficult for me because I am here on business. Simply unacceptable. And the customer service regarding this issue was unacceptable. The room it’s self was maybe four stars, customer service with that particular young person was two stars, that leaves an average of three.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 878tarraw
GM-ComfortInnStJ, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you 878tarraw for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor..I'm glad to hear that the room was suitable for you but I'd like to apologize for your experience with our Wi-Fi. When a guest is experiencing internet issues, the 1-800 number in our guest rooms is another tool we offer to resolve the problem. The tech is able to locate the access point closest to the guest room and is able to either reset, or walk our guests thru getting connected. I'm sorry that this was not explained to you.

Thank you for sharing your experience and can promise you that we will be looking into this further. I do hope if you are in the area again that you will give us another opportunity.

Kirsten ASh

Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. Very clean. The room was very large. The breakfast was free with nice choices. I highly recommend. Super fast check in services. Room had king bed and pull out couch. Large bathroom.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
GM-ComfortInnStJ, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Thanks 503jennj for the great review! The team and I are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take great pride in our hotel and are thrilled to say this Comfort Inn won the prestigious Gold Award in 2019, placing us in the top 10% of Choice Hotels worldwide!!

Thank you for the recommendation and we would LOVE to have you stay with us again! Maybe when it is a little warmer? We offer awesome summer packages to great local attractions like The Kingdom Trails and The Mount Washington Cog Railway.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel!

(802)74-1500

Reviewed December 12, 2019

We stayed while visiting friends and exploring the NEK. The people were friendly, the room was clean and the shower was hot. The pool was also very nice and the breakfast was plenty to get us through to the afternoon.!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thanks raysG1672FX for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take some time to explore The Northeast Kingdom! It is truly a special place and I'm always excited to hear that our guests have gotten out to take it all in!

I'm glad that after all that adventuring you were able to relax and enjoy the amenities! The salt water pool and hot tub are the best way to end a good day!

We hope that when you're back in the NEK you will stay with us again! In the summer and fall we offer awesome packages to places like The Kingdom Trails and Concerts @ Dog Mountain!

Reviewed November 8, 2019

Stopped here on our way home. This place is really nice and the staff was really great. enjoyed the room 104. The place was really clean and ready for Halloween. The ground was really nice and the water fountain was beautiful.

Date of stay: August 2019
GM-ComfortInnStJ, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thank you Bill K for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your way home. The team and I want to make sure each and every guest has a great experience with us whether they are stopping over for the night, or here to explore the Northeast Kingdom for awhile! I'm glad the team was able to provide you with a positive experience and that you were able to enjoy the grounds... they are truly beautiful and serene!

We do hope that if you venture back this way that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed October 31, 2019

great hotel
very large rooms , very convenient and pleasant.
clean property,
service and staff very welcoming and helpful.
located in a fabulous view
breakfast is OK like ordinary breakfast.
i stayed with my family and defiantly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2019

Thank you so much asafr_11 for such an awesome review on TripAdvisor! I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the amenities! One thing we love about our rooms is just how spacious they are! Whether you are a family of 6, or coming with Mountain Bikes to enjoy the Kingdom Trails our rooms can accommodate everyone!

When you and your family are back in the Northeast Kingdom we would love to have you stay with us again! There is so much to do and see! (If you're looking for a fabulous view and can handle heights I personally recommend The Mount Washington Cog Railway!)

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel!