“I almost drove by not thinking this could be the comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I had the need to stay here for many years as I had a college student that was going to a nearyby college. When coming up to this hotel I was shocked to see this hotel as it looks like it should be a 5 stars accomadations. Not your typical comfort Inn. As you will see if you happen to stay here as we have for years.

Very friendly and helpfull staff, and this is on repeat visits so this can't be just by chance. I would recommend this clean, friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, General Manager and Regional Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2010

Thank you so much for taking time to review the hotel and staff. Our favorite customers are our repeat guests. Seeing friendly faces over and over throughout the year is a great feeling. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to my team members. Thanks so much!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain

Reviewed February 26, 2010

i stayed at the comfort inn in st. johnsbury, vermont last week. i went with a group of friends to ski at burke mountain. our trip was organized with a group of friends by the extremely helpful and knowledgable sales director david. we hit the jackpot. the staff was wonderful, the rooms were immaculate, the beds extremely comfortable, great breakfast, the saline pool was beyond my wildest imagination, the front desk staff went above and beyond. i can't wait to find an excuse to come back to my now favorite hotel. why can't the new york city hotels learn something from my now favorite vacation resort hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank puttycat
BrettLoehr, General Manager & Regional Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2010

I'm thrilled to hear about your group's experience. If you had that much fun this season you should come back when the snow is several feet deep. Thank goodness that mountains can make snow. This has been one strange winter. David, the hotel's sales manager is one of a kind. He treats each group like family. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to David and the rest of the staff. Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

We just returned from staying at this beautiful hotel and skiing both Burke Mountain and Cannon. We are a family of five and have been vacationing here for the past five years. When our girls were younger we would stay in the summer and take them to Santa's Village and Six Gun City. This year we are all taking up mountain biking and plan to come up once or twice to ride on the local trail system in Burke. Each winter, we stay during school vacations, Christmas and President's week The hotel is super family friendly and is always being improved. My three daughters LOVE the pool and arcade. I love the rooms and the fact that the hotel is incredibly clean. Another plus is the hotel takes being environmentally friendly to a whole new level. Our room had two queen sized beds plus a pullout sofa. Everything in the room is spotlessly clean and well kept. From front desk staff to the young girl in the breakfast room, everyone you come into contract with is friendly and knowledgeable. The girl in breakfast was handing out luggage tags to the guests. The tag read "relax and rejuvenate", that is exactly what we did. Great place for families and couples to getaway from it all.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for repeatedly bringing your family to vacation in Northern Vermont. Growing up in southern New England I fell in love with this region. When the opportiunity to relocate here with my family became a reality...I could not pass it up. I really enjoy skiing both Burke and Cannon. If your family is anything like mine you will fall in love with Kingdom Trails. My two boys got me hooked on mountain biking several years ago. Thank you for staying with us and please feel free to spread the word.

Reviewed January 11, 2010

This is a very nice business class hotel, however, the front desk day staff is quite unprofessional in their treatment of guests and how they behave. I noticed that the daytime person had her shoes off behind the counter and her socks were not clean. I don't think this is acceptable or professional and the management must be blind to not see this or to let it go. Also, the pool needs some repair and attention. Overall, clean and the housekeeping staff is great but the front area desk staff could use some training without any doubt.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard099
BrettLoehr, General Manager & Regional Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2010

Thank you so much for taking time to share your observations. Having opened this hotel from the ground up, I can honestly tell you that I have never witnessed an employee without proper footwear. This has been addressed with the department manager and passed down to our guest service agents. We strive to operate a world class hotel and anything short of that gets scrutinized. The pool was shut down for repairs on January 11th for 24 hours as we had already scheduled repairs to the pools tiles. The holidays made getting these repairs completed sooner next to impossible. Again, thank you for taking time to review my hotel. We'll hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2010

If you are like me, you hear "Comfort Inn" and hope that it will at least be clean. Think again! This is such a great little hotel. The staff is always helpful and polite, you would think they sent them to charm school. The rooms are just as they are pictured, spacious, very nicely appointed and the bathrooms are great. The breakfast is better than most continental breakfasts offered at hotels. There are two waffle makers along with eggs, bagels and pastries, coffee, tea and juice. The pool is very clean, small but perfect for a quick dip, and the hot tub is great too. The fitness center has up to date machines that are in good shape, and there is a view of the pool. Small, clean and useful. There is a sauna there too which is nice. I have to travel to the area every few months and I always look forward to my stay here.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, Regional Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2010

Thank you for being a repeat guest of our hotel...it means a lot to us. I guess in some ways we do send our staff to charm school. The ultimate secret to our success is that every person working at the hotel knows the importance of their individual job. We all care deeply about the hotels success and I believe it shows through in everything we do. Thank you again for the great review. We'll see you on your next visit.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

Great room, breakfast, and front desk personnel in beautiful St. Johnsbury. The pool and spa area needs a little updating, but I imagine that will be done soon since the management seems to try to please guests. Everything else was great.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
BrettLoehr, Regional Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2009

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to give us a positive review. As noted in your review, our pool area takes quite a beating during the summer and fall months. To avoid closing the pool during our busiest time of the year, we schedule regular renovations and updates (throughout the hotel) in late October and November. Everything has to be perfect before all our skiers and snowmobiliers start arriving. Again, thank you for staying and spreading the word about your experience at our hotel. We'll look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed October 8, 2009

a great hotel in a small town. staff was very helpful. hotel was one of the cleanest i have ever stayed at. cant wait for next year.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
BrettLoehr, Regional Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2009

Just wanted to thank you for taking time to review my hotel. We strive to be the very best and we're always thrilled to hear when we exceed guests expectations. We will look forward to seeing you next year.

Thanks for vacationing!

#2 of 2 in Saint Johnsbury
Rabbit Hill Inn
Rabbit Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!