“ski weekend”

GreenLeadersGold level
Boxford
“ski weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel has been nicely renovated. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Everything was clean and the people were friendly. The ski and stay package is a great deal. I have been going here for years and it is always a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Christy B
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your repeated patronage and then taking time to share you experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our remodeling. We've received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback on our new guestrooms. They've always been spacious and comfortable, but now they are brand new.

We will look forward to hosting you next ski season. Please consider a summer visit...we offer incredible family vacation experiences all year long.

Until next time...safe travels!

VermontTajMahal@aol.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Woodstock, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

The rooms were attractive, large, clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The manager was extremely helpful. I left a pair of valuable earrings in the room by mistake. When I called the hotel, the manager located them and made sure that I got them back. He couldn't have been nicer. I stay in many hotels on the road and this ranks very high on my list among comfortable, modern and attractive hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Catherine N
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our entire hotel. It was my pleasure to help with your earings. I was concerned that they had gone through our laundry system and could have been lost forever. Fortunately, a housekeeper found them and secured them. I'm blessed to employ a great group of team members.

Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

This Comfort Inn is the best hotel in one of the best areas for snowmobiling in Vermont. Imagine unloading your sled and parking it in an open area just 50 feet from the front door. After getting a great breakfast in the morning ( free ), you can put your gear on and walk right out to your sled and take off. At the end of the day, park and walk right into your room.

Trail access is through the parking lot, following a feeder trail for a couple of miles to the rail bed where you can head in any direction. My video from the hotel to the rail bed can be seen at the following link on YouTube. You may need to copy and paste the link.

The hotel itself is very nice. It looked like the hotel had been refreshed. Everything had a newer look to it. The beds were comfortable, with many different pillows to choose from. The rooms have a small microwave and fridge - great for storing leftovers from supper. The staff has always been helpful and friendly. The lobby has comfortable chairs in front of an always lit fireplace. The breakfast area doubles as a great place to eat supper with takeout from the many area restaurants.

Room Tip: The upper floors are very quiet
Green Features: The hotel follows the standard "green" practices that almost all hotels seem to follow now.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank sledzil
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Your video is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for sharing that with the world. We will be posting it on our Facebook page. I'm sure you will get a ton of comments. If you have additional video online of snowmobiling in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom...I would LOVE the links. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and had great conditions. We've had a rough 2-3 years. Fortunately, this was a great season for snowmobiling.

We will look forward to seeing you next season. Until then...safe sledding!

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

We only stayed one night and checked in late in the evening. The front desk staff was very friendly and pleasant and while we were checking in gave us a brief history of the hotel. The lobby and rooms were beautiful and we had a nice breakfast in the morning that was included. The only con was the bed was a bit squeaky but overall good experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Rebecca B
We really appreciate you staying with us and taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our staff, accommodations and breakfast. I apologize for the squeeky bed. I have written you directly through TripAdvisor and just need to know what room you were in. Our beds are new, so more than likely we have an issue with the box frame or possibly the headboard. Either way we will do whatever it takes to get it repaired. Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

Hope to see you in the future...safe travels.

Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Comfort Inn and Suites was my home away from home for 6 weeks while I was waiting for my apartment to be ready. The staff were so welcoming and accommodating. The rooms and common areas were clean, and the breakfast was delicious. My room was large and did not feel like a typical hotel room. I felt like it was a mini apartment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Lisa B
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were relocating. We really appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed my team members and our entire facility.

Welcome to Vermont's Northeast Kingdom neighbor!

Thanks again!
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

As a business traveler, traveling weekly, I don't typically think of staying at a Comfort Inn. This was anything but your typical Comfort Inn; it's in a league of its own. It far exceeded my expectations.

The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. There was a complimentary, hot breakfast. The gift shop was neat, and included local syrup.

As I was walking out the door to head to dinner, there was another guest getting his instructions on how to operate a snow mobile. I have to admit I was jealous he was enjoying the area for more than just a buiness trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
We really appreciate you staying with us while traveling on business and then taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and my team members. We would LOVE to host your next vacation. While snowmobiling is a wildly fun experience, we have an amazing list of outdoor experiences available starting in late spring. We offer world class mountain biking, hiking, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, family oriented amusement parks, etc. If you get a minute look for our independent website and check out all the amazingly fun things there are to do. In the short term, for the next few weeks only, we will be immersed in "sugaring season". When daytime temps exceed freezing and they dip below overnight, the maple sap starts flowing. If you have never experienced a "Sugar on Snow" party...you need to. I'll just leave it at that.

We'll hope to see you soon. Until then...safe travels.

Whitman, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Beautiful hotel with very clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was actually pretty good for being free the waffles especially. The staff there was very friendly and helpful with any questions about the area. The pool and the game room were a plus for the kids at night. And the game room is more like an actual arcade.

Green Features: I like that there was a recycling bin in the room. There should be one in every hotel room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for all the positive feedback. As you mentioned, we are extremely family friendly. We host thousands of vacationing familes all year long. Vermont's Northeast Kingdom is the ideal location to reconnect with your spouse and children.

We will look forward to seeing you in the future. Until next time...safe travels!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
Rabbit Hill Inn
Rabbit Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,224 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!