“Very Nice hotel in the middle of nowhere.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Canaan, Connecticut
“Very Nice hotel in the middle of nowhere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We are College hunting for my daughter.Located in Ct we had a 4 hour drive to and open house in Lyndonville at Lyndon State College (Which was also very nice) I was not going to leave at 5 in the AM to get to this open house so we found this Comfort Inn. What can I say, after driving 4 hours this hotel was a site for sore eyes. For some reason or another I thought that this hotel was opened and closed under another chain but whatever the case the bottom line is Clean,Comfortable and Convienent, the three C's as I call them. Thats mine no copyright infrigements. We drove up to a pretty empty parking lot. More rolled in as the night went on but never overcrowded. Check in was a breezem there was a young man from Lyndon State College working the desk and was plesent and informative about hotel and College. room was easy to get too, elevators a little slow but whatever. Room was clean, fully stocked and nice LG HDTV;s in room. Pool and game room down on lower floor along with a laundry room. the only thing I missed was a bar, yep a bar. We took care of that we went to a local place right up the road called Ramutos on Rt5 which had great food nice waitress and a couple of youngsters playing music for tips. It looked a little like you were walking into the red room, because it was all painted red. But a couple of Micro Brews and some ggod food the volor did not matter. Anyway not wasting anymore time, the breakfast was ample standard, scramble eggs, waffles, bacon, sasauge, cereal. milk,coffee,juice, begals,toast and so on. So agin a very nice stay in a very nice hotel in the middle of nowhere. Oh yeah we had a King size bed which was nice and a pull out. And the rooms where nice size.Don't be suprised if your new to the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont you could drive for mikes and not see another car on I-91.
Was going to leave pics but it seems that this has been covered.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice size anyway you look at it.
Green Features: Standard, dont waste water so use your towels a few times.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, posting a review on TripAdvisor and looking at LSC. Hopefully, we'll be seeing a lot of you over the next four years. Vermont's Northeast Kingdom is far from "no where"..."no where" is actually several hours north of us. We offer New England's BEST ski and stay packages. You can ski four different mountains from our hotel. In addition, we have direct trail access to over 5000 miles of snowmobiling trails. If booking a winter adventure is not of interest, we'd love to see you next spring, summer or fall. We are located just minutes from some of the most amazing natural and man-made attractions in all of New England. The truth is...we are Northern New England's #1 summer vacation destination. If you are looking for adventure, consider canoeing or kayaking on our local rivers/lakes, Kingdom Trails Mountain biking, guided ATV rides, zip-lining, hiking the green or White Mountains, ride the Mount Washington Cog Railway, or take a swim in Lake Willoughby. Guests of the hotel rave about the Great Vermont Corn Maze, the aerial tram to the top of Cannon Mountain, Clarks Trading Post, the Polar Caves or Santa's Village. If you are looking for some culture...check out the historic St. Johnsbury Athenaeum, Fairbanks Museum, or Old Stone House Museum. We also offer a handful of do not miss culinary experiences...Cabot Cheese Factory, Maple Grove Farms Factory, Ben & Jerry’s Factory, Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Littleton Grist Mill and my personal "do not miss" Chutters General Store. Chutters is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the "World's Longest Candy Counter".

We'll look forward to seeing you in the future. Until then...safe travels.

VermontTajMahal@aol.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Rye Beach, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The sink in our room #322 did not drain properly......The highlight of our stay was meeting Carol Fisher......she is a great ambassador for you property.......the selection of things for breakfast was very good.......

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry your sink didn't drain properly. Our housekeeping and maintenance team work cooperatively to prevent such situations. I'm sorry that we didn't catch the problem in advance and get it repaired. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and Carol. She does a great job for our guests and the hotel.

We hope to see you in the future. Until next time...safe travels.

Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I usually do not stay at chain hotels, this one is my exception. The hotel is well beyond any standard Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in, which was the reason I refused to stay s chain hotels :). The rooms are spacious, they are sparkling clean and up -to date. They even have a lovely indoor pool. The morning breakfast is well beyond the coffee and cold danish, they had bacon, two types of eggs, waffles, etc...the hostess Carol Fisher was so sweet and helpful. Make no mistake worth staying at!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. I REALLY loved and appreciated your review on many levels. I've never shared this before on TripAdvisor, but now seems like as good a time as ever. I hate being a "chain hotel". I hate being a Comfort Inn & Suites...I'd equally hate being a Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn or Marriott, etc. Being part of a brand is a necessary evil in the lodging industry. No matter what brand you operate, your guests arrive with a certain set of preconceived perceptions about your hotel. Trying to get prospective guests, groups, weddings, reunions, tour operators to see past the name is a "struggle" (I’m being kind). My team and I strive to operate a world class hotel. We strive to be the best hotel in Vermont...the best hotel in New England. We earned the recognition “Comfort Inn of the Year” many years ago and set our sights higher. We recognize the importance of our hotel's success on our community as a whole, local businesses, area attractions and events. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the future.

Please feel free to "like" our Facebook page. It is a great way to stay in touch and learn about specials, events and promotions. Until next time...safe travels!

Scituate, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Perfect location, directly off the highway. Ample parking, and drive thru portico make unloading luggage easy and check in quick. Front desk staff were friendly, warm and welcoming! Love the very clean, over size double bed room with separate sitting area including a couch, chairs, dining table, refrigerator and microwave! Could easily be here for an extended stay! Beds are extremely comfortable, bedding and pillows- soft, cozy, plush! Breakfast buffet staff were extremely friendly, kept area clean and food plentiful. Buffet was perfect and a great way to start our day, it had everything from cold cereal, fruit, waffles, eggs, bacon, home fried potatoes, assorted breads and pastries, juices, several coffee choices, and more! Will definitely be staying here again on our next visit to the Northeast Kingdom!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read your review and to know that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. Earlier this year, my team and I set out to obtain 350 TripAdvisor reviews. In our first 13 years operating, we only had 130 reviews. As of today, we are only twenty reviews away from reaching our goal. Please know how much we appreciate ALL the reviews we've received this year. I encourage you to "like" us on Facebook. We are regularly posting information on upcoming events, promotions and discounts.

Thank you so much for letting us serve you. Until next time...safe travels.

Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I stop here whenever I am going to Canada. This place never disappoints. The rooms are larger than one would expect, but what makes this place somewhere I return to is the people. All are willing to go that extra mile to insure you a pleasant stay. Special mention has to be made of Carol Fisher in the breakfast room. Her cheerfulness and help make the morning better.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your repeated patronage and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I have been blessed to operate this hotel from the ground up. It has been a great thirteen years. I take an incredible amount of pride in the team we have operating the hotel. They are an AMAZING group of people. In my humble opinion, what seperates them from so many is how much they genuinely care. It shows through in so many ways. Carol Fisher, the hotel's "Breakfast Ambassador" leads the way at our hotel and within our company. She was named the "Linchris Hotels Employee of the Year" for 2013. She earned this prestigous honor out of more than 31 hotels that we operate.

Thank you again for repeatedly staying with us. Until next time...safe travels.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My only comment is the bedroom is incredibly noisy. The refrigerator rumbles loudly every 30minutes and the heating system is very loud. I ended up unplugging the fridge when I went to sleep.
The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Room was very clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast was ok, coffee not always hot

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the noise you experienced. We do end up having issues every fall with our heating system. The change of the seasons and converting to heat inevitably results in some noisy units. We address them one by one and at this point have corrected the majority. I am a VERY light sleeper and when traveling I always end up unplugging the fridges. The compressors in them click off and on 24 hours a day. They drive me nuts in other people's hotels and mine. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of our hotel and hope to serve you in the future.

Until next time...safe travels.

St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our top floor suite consisted of two well furnished, spacious rooms with TVs in each, a fridge, microwave and plenty of storage space and, in the bedroom, a king size bed. The hotel was well appointed with a large gym and indoor salt water pool, hot tub, sauna and a laundry. On the downside, breakfast was taken on plastic bowls, mugs and plates with plastic knives, forks and spoons. Overall we had a very good experience at this Comfort Inn and would come again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our accommodations and facilities. I appreciate the feedback on our breakfast. A lot of guests comment on our utensils, plates, bowls, etc. We are restricted by the franchise from posting signs that would inform all our guests that the products we use are 100% bio-degradable. In the past, we have even used products made from potatoes. We have been an green / eco-friendly hotel for more than five years. Several articles have been written about our efforts. The hotel received an award from the Govenor of Vermont. TripAdvisor even has recognized our efforts by issuing us a gold award in their "Greenleaders" program. Please know that we did look into using china and silverware. Unfortunately, the overall logistics and size of our kitchen prohibited us from making the switch.

We hope to see you again in the future. Until next time...safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
Rabbit Hill Inn
Rabbit Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,224 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!