“Great stay and beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great stay and beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

What a nice hotel and easy to find. The rooms were clean and comfortable with updated furnishings, I think they must have remodeled recently because everything looked new. I was in one of their suites and it was very large with a separate bedroom. The staff was great and very helpful. Breakfast in the morning hit the spot and got me off to a good start as I was traveling on business. The staff told me all about the things to do in the area such as skiing and mountain biking which is right up my alley, I will certainly come back with my family.

Room Tip: ask for a suite they are large and spacious
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and will be bringing your family back on vacation.

I would like to share some really exciting news for this coming ski season. In addition to our Vermont ski and stay vacation packages with Burke Mountain (30 min) and Jay Peak (60 min). We will be offering a ski and stay package with Cannon Mountain that we believe is the best in all of New England. You and your family will stay overnight, relax in our heated indoor pool/whirlpool, play in our huge arcade, enjoy a hot breakfast and recieve TWO tickets to Cannon Mountain for ONLY $159.99 per night plus tax non-holiday. Cannon is only 30 minutes on the highway from the hotel. Please reserve your rooms as soon as possible as we fill up weeks in advance for our ski weekends.

We will look forward to seeing you this winter. Until then...safe travels.

VermontTajMahal@aol.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last August 22nd for one night, on the 4th floor. The property is physically quite nice, the rooms clean and spacious and pleasant to look at. But when I was actually checked in, the A/C kicked on and began humming very loudly, at a vibrational frequency that was mind-numbing. The refrigerator also began to vibrate annoyingly. I called the front desk and they assured me the maintenance man would be up shortly. I waited an hour, no one showed. I called the desk and they said, "He didn't show?". So they sent him right up. He was a courteous man who looked at both units for a few minutes, reset the thermostat and assured me the problem was fixed. Not more than five minutes passed before both units resumed vibrating loudly (it was the compressors). I called down again and the manager came up, made a few adjustments to the thermostat controls and assured me that it would not and could not happen again. A few minutes after he left, the A/C resumed vibrating in the same mind-jarring way. By then I had turned off the refrigerator, which had continued to hum. I called down again, this time telling the desk person that this was really frustrating and was the worst hotel experience I'd ever had and that I wanted a different room. The manager then immediately came up and set me up in the hotel's biggest suite, even though I was alone, helping to carry my belongings to the new room. It was a nice gesture and he showed some concern, perhaps more with hotel's image than my comfort. However, I was still appalled at the self-assured incompetence of these particular staff. They seemed more concerned with thinking they were right than with fixing the problem. I therefore do not recommend this place. They certainly made no effort other than the upgrade for compensate me for the frustrating experience. The service was closer to that of an old roadside inn for $49 a night instead of the $169.99 plus tax I paid. When I left, the day desk person assured me they would be looking into the problem with that particular room. If you like friendly desk people who at least pretend to care about your stay, I can't recommend this place. I have had much better experiences at other Comfort Inns. Everyone can have a bad day, but customer service quality makes a difference and leaves an impression.

Room Tip: Ask them beforehand if the air conditioner in the room is reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Richard P
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I genuinely apologize for your overall experience. Please know that my team and I care deeply about all our guests and strive to offer a world-class accommodations and service. Unfortunately...problems and mistakes do occur. When these situations arise, we do everything in our power to correct the issue immediately. I was happy to read that you were upgraded to a suite. We will certainly review your experience internally and do everything in our power to prevent it from re-occuring.

Should you be returning to the area, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will book your room personally, inspect it prior to your arrival and upgrade you to one of our suites at no additional charge.

Hope to see you in the future...safe travels!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Conveniently located to the Interstate. Short distance into town. Looks like a resort you would find in Europe. The grounds were well maintained. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We normally stay at a Choice Hotel property and I have to say this was the best one yet. The breakfast selections were more than adequate. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read your review. We genuinely aim to exceed each of our guests expectation. I will certainly share your review with my team members.

Hope to see you again in the future. Until then...safe travels!

old bridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I come here for business trips once in a while and every time, I'm greeted by friendly staff, fresh cookies and available coffee 24 hours a day (although they aren't always piping hot and for a jersey boy, a little watered down). The gym, pool and arcade area are fantastic, beds are comfy, room's got flat screen tv, fridge, microwave... I get a special corporate rate so for what i'm paying, i couldn't ask for better. Located right off of US5, it's close to the customer I have to visit and it's not a little mom and pop B&B... not that there's anything wrong with them - I just prefer to stay in places with reward points and fitness centers :)

Green Features: they have recycle bins in every room and the typical banter about changing the linens and towels to conserve water blah blah blah
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We LOVE our repeat corporate guests and really appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Seeing familiar faces is always rewarding. I was thrilled to read in your review that we consistently meet and/or exceed your expectations. Thank you so much for your repeated patronage.

We will look forward to seeing you in the future. Until next time...safe travels.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

this was a delightful surprise - everything was clean, neat, spacious, great breakfast, and the staff was great. Who knew in the middle of nowhere in St J Vermont? Our group really appreciated the personal service and ability to accommodate an evolving guest list. I would happily recommend this to others!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you and your group enjoyed the hotel and my team members. We strive to offer a world-class hotel in Vermont's majestic Northeast Kingdom. We would LOVE to have you come back for a ski vacation.

JAY PEAK and BURKE MOUNTAIN Ski and Stay Packages include:
- Overnight accommodations for TWO Adults ($10 per additional adult and children stay FREE)
- Full hot breakfast
- Use of the hotel's indoor pool, whirlpool, hot tub, sauna, arcade and fitness room
- TWO adult lift tickets to Jay Peak or Burke Mountain

REGULAR SEASON PRICING (mid-week and weekend)...........starting at $189.99 per night
HOLIDAY PERIODS AND SPECIAL EVENT PRICING.................$239.99 per night

HERE'S OUR SPECIAL TRIPADVISOR OFFER...book your Christmas week holiday ski vacation with us now and we will honor the regular season price of $189.99 per night. What's the catch??? Your reservation must be pre-paid, you cannot cancel or change the reservation without forfeiting your entire deposit and it is a THREE night minimum stay. Our TripAdvisor special is available for vacations starting between 12/25/13 and 1/1/14. Which mountain are you skiing at??? We recognize that skiing conditions vary and we don't require you to commit to Jay Peak or Burke until you are checking into the hotel. Please be sure to mention the "TripAdvisor Ski and Stay Special" when booking your reservation. We reserve the right to end, modify or cancel the promotion at anytime for any reason.

Please tell your friends! We need help rallying the troops..."the more the merrier"! Please help us make this the best Christmas week vacation ever!!! Keep in mind that if you are staying with us over New Year's Eve, St. Johnsbury puts on a great First Night event. Cold fun for the entire family!

Hope to celebrate the holiday season with you. Until then...safe travels.

tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Comfort Inn and Suites in St. Johnsbury is my favorite place to stay in Vermont. It is such a beautiful hotel! The rooms are clean and well kept, and this is every time I come. The grounds are beautiful! Breakfast is good and Carol in the breakfast room is top notch. Such a joy to stay here!

Green Features: This hotel has a vat in the bathroom to recyle paper and plastic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your repeated patronage and sharing you experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that we have provided you with consistency in the quality of our rooms and service. I will pass along your praise to Carol and the rest of our team.

Thanks again for staying with us! Until next time...safe travels.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My compliments on a well-run, very clean and customer service-oriented property. Your staff were friendly and accomodating. The rooms were quiet, well-appointed and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Great water pressure in the shower, too. The full breakfast spread was a great way to start the day. Well done. I will highly recommend your property to folks traveling in the St J. area.

Green Features: I applaud your efforts to run an enviromentally-friendly hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I will certainly pass along all you compliments to my team members. They are an amazing group of hardworking and dedicated people. We really appreciate you steering friends and family members our way.

We'll hope to see you in the future. Until then...safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
Rabbit Hill Inn
Rabbit Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,217 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!