Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
$154
Travelocity
Colonnade Inn(Lyndonville)
$99
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center(East Burke)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotwire.com
Arlington Hotel(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
$159
$154
All reviewsbreakfast ambassadorthe breakfast areahot tubchoice hotelsexercise roomvery nice hotelseparate sitting arearooms are hugecomplimentary breakfastdefinitely stay here againfitness centergreat place to staybreakfast was excellentyogurtnice roomburke mountainwe've stayed
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We absolutely loved staying here for the past week! We felt like we were in a little resort. The pool was awesome for the kids in the afternoons/evenings. The breakfasts were terrific and included their favorite little yogurts which was a total bonus. The room was nice and big and with the extra pull out sofa bed, we minimized the sibling rivalry LOL! Last but not least, the staff was super helpful and made us feel like we were home. The cookies in the afternoons were a special touch for the kids that they loved as well. Thank you for making our stay in this wonderful area of Vermont a wonderful family vacation. We will definitely be back (oh, and the Santa's Village package is fantastic too!).

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and with young kids, being closer to the pool and the breakfast room was great.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We really appreiciate you staying with us and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Thank you for recognizing the hard work and dedication of my team members. Please know that we appreciate all you positive feedback. Our Santa's Village package is a great deal. I remember going to Santa's Village as a kid and what a wonderful time I had. The amusement park has grown and is a wonderful way to spend the day as a family.

Please keep us in mind for your winter family getaways. We offer incredible ski and stay packages with Burke, Jay Peak, Cannon and Bretton Woods. We'd love to see you back in just a few months!

Until then...safe travels!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My recent stay at the Comfort Inn in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, wasn't my 1st, I actually stayed there twice in the past, and was left with a positive impression of both stays, but I don't recall the specific details as it has been a few years since.

But my recent stay stood out, it was just one big pleasant experience from the moment I got in touch with Mr. Brett L. Loehr, The general manager, till my checkout.

I was looking to get away for a few days to NH, but I couldn't get a decent place to stay for a reasonable price, then I remembered this hidden gem on the border of New Hampshire and Vermont, at the junction of interstates I-91 and I-93, so I goggled for their contact info, checked rates online, and found a page about this "Manager Special" I didn't even notice that it had expired, I just fired off an email saying I have stayed here before, and would love to return, asking if I can get this promotion.

It didn't take long for me to get this friendly and professional response saying, we'd love to have u back, and we'll honor the promotion of last week...!!

In just a few minutes my reservation was booked and waiting for my arrival anytime later that evening, check-in was a breeze, I got a choice of what floor I wished to stay, and was in my room in less then 5 minutes after my arrival.

The hotel was recently renovated, it was nice at my earlier stays, and its even better now, its beautiful and fresh, rooms are tasty decorated, specious nice and big, rooms that size are called a suite elsewhere. There is a big sofa in the living area, furniture is neat, big flat screen, wifi is free and connection is excellent.

Staff were pleasant and served with a smile and friendly attitude,
We asked and were granted a late check out which we appreciated.

Pool & Jacuzzi in the lower level is sparkling clean, pool is big and very well maintained, there is a nice game room which we didn't have a chance to enjoy yet.

Breakfast area and Lobby are very nice and tasty decorated. I noticed a fire place in the lobby, which I guess is lighted in winter.

I cant comment on the Breakfast, as we have slept in, and skipped breakfast.

Add to all that, that the setting of this hotel is on beautiful well maintained grounds and picturesque landscaping, between mountains. in a quiet area, not commercial, just off highway, in an area where highway traffic isn't high. - The view from our window on the 4th floor was beautiful, mountains all around.

All in all this was a really nice experience, and I consider this hotel to be a hidden gem in the area, for visitors to New Hampshire and Vermont.

p.s. when following GPS, as soon as u get off the highway just look out for the hotel, it is even closer to highway then GPS says. you should see it as soon you get off the interstate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave such a detailed review. I was more than happy to assist you and helping with your vacation. I will share your review with all my team members. We REALLY appreciate your repeated patronage and hope to see you again in the future.

Until then...safe travels!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Clean rooms, good service, an ok breakfast all at a reasonable price. While I did not use the pool it looked clean and would be great for a family to enjoy. The exercise room was small but didn't seem to be used by many of the guests. I did use the machines and a few need to be updated.

Over all it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all your compliments and for recognizing the cleanliness of our hotel. I am currently in the process of writing this coming year's budget. In this case, I will certainly look at what we can improve in the fitness center. Our treadmills, one bike and eliptical are all relatively new. It may be time to replace one of the bikes and I already had plans to replace the stair machine.

Thanks again for staying with us. Hope to see you again in the future. Until then...safe travels!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a nice looking box-hotel. Check-in was easy and while there I asked about the hotels age as the lobby looked so nice and I was surprised to find out that it was 14 years old. They underwent a refurbishing about 2 yrs ago and it still looks great. The room, 2 queen beds, was neat & tidy and neither my wife nor I noticed anything out of place or worn/tattered and it's good to see hotels that have moved to having a wall thermostat rather than the dials on the a/c unit. Our gripe is with the breakfast area (another good looking room). As we were there on a Saturday night the Sunday morning breakfast was busy which brought out a few shortcomings:
1. They should leave a no-stick spray out for customers to use on the waffle irons. The cooked waffles were quite difficult to remove and needed a lot of poking and prodding to coax them out of the iron, This adds greatly to the time every user ties up the waffle iron and while the time is passing the line waiting grows a bit long with each user. Leave out the spray - the cost of lost/wasted spray will pay off in the line reduction.
2. The waffle irons should be moved away from the main buffet counter. As customers wait for their turn at the waffle iron they stack up along the counter which prevents other customers from having easy access the eggs, bacon, sausage, breads and all other food items except the cereals & the coffee station. Much more 'Excuse me' and reaching around people happens than feels comfortable. It would be better to swap the waffles irons with the cereals as the cereal station appeared to be the least used counter of the three.
3. Put the butter near the waffle irons and toasters/breads. This is when folks are looking for it so that is where it should be - not in the refrigerator. If management is worried about butter going bad then leave a smaller bowl in each area and refill it from the fridge as needed. This will also allow the customers to have a butter that spreads much easier, just like at home.
And that is the extent of the improvements we noticed should be done. My wife felt the bed was a bit soft, but such things are a matter of personal taste as I didn't notice it.
Do not let these observations keep you from staying at the hotel though as we felt satisfied with our stay. Just be ready for breakfast to be more of a production than needed when the customer count is up. Good luck; cul8r.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting a WONDERFUL review on TripAdvisor. Please know that we use all reviews to try and improve our hotel, but ones like yours really means a lot. Thank you for all the positive feedback regarding our appearance and the overall quality of our hotel. We recognize that an area for improvement in our hotel is the breakfast and breakfast room "flow" in general. It is not from a lack of trying different presentations that we've ended up with the current setup. As noted in one of my responses to a TripAdvisor review a week or two ago, we are currently in the process of reinventing our breakfast. We are currently focused on improving the quality of our products. Guests are asking for less sugar and processed foods. In addition to improving the products we serve we will take into consideration each and everyone of your well thoughtout suggestions.

We will hope to see you again in the future and have implemented changes to our breakfast that you helped make. Until then...safe travels!

THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR TIME, THOUGHT, AND OBSERVATIONS!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed only one night at this nice, upscale Comfort Inn and Suites. Lovely grounds, clean and well kept. We were picking our daughter up from camp nearby and wish we'd had more time to spend in this very nice hotel. It was much nicer then any other Comfort Inn and Suites that we've stayed in previously. The breakfast buffet was good (typical of most) and the beds, room and lobby were lovely. Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for the great review and for staying with us. We would love to host your family for your next winter or summer vacation.

We are located just minutes from some of the most amazing natural and man-made attractions in all of New England. The truth is...we are Northern New England's #1 summer vacation destination. If you are looking for adventure, consider canoeing or kayaking on our local rivers/lakes, Kingdom Trails Mountain biking, guided ATV rides, zip-lining, hiking the green or white mountains, ride the Mount Washington Cog Railway, or take a swim in Lake Whilloughby. Guests of the hotel rave about the Great Vermont Corn Maze, the aerial Tram to the top of Cannon Mountain, Clarks Trading Post, the Polar Caves or Santa's Village. If you are looking for some culture...check out the historic St. Johnsbury Atheneaum, Fairbanks Museum, or Old Stone House Museum. We also offer a handful of do not miss culinary experiences...Cabot Cheese Factory, Maple Grove Farms Factory, Ben & Jerrys Factory, Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Littleton Grist Mill and my personal "do not miss" Chutters General Store. Chutter is listed in the Guiness Book of World Records for having the "World's Longest Candy Counter".

Each winter we host THOUSANDS of familys that visit the hotel to ski at Burke, Jay Peak, Cannon or Bretton Woods. We proudly offer New England's Best Ski and Stay Packages. We also offer direct VAST snowmobiles trail access. You and your family will love exploring 5000+ miles of "Vermont's Magical Winter Highway".

We'll hopefully be able to host your family on future family vacations. Until then...safe travels!