“best part of the trip”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 28, 2013

from check in to check out the experience was graciously accommodating
the room was a total surprise.... lovely and spacious and jnvitingly comfortable
we will definitely make it a scheduled stop on each of our yearly trips to Quebec

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will become a regular guest of our hotel. Please don't ever hesitate to call on me should you need additional assistance.

Thank you again for staying with us. We'll look forward to seeing you in the future. Until then...safe travels.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We just needed a place to stay for the night. Looking at our choice hotel book we saw there was one option the Comfort Inn & Suites. What we found was one of the best hotels in the system. Better than the last four star hotel we stayed at.

Room Tip: Make sure you check all the discount options you have with Chouice Hotels
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It is not everyday that you hear about a Comfort Inn & Suites out-performing a four-star hotel. Please know that I share all TripAdvisor reviews with my team members, your review will be the highlight review of the week. Your advice about checking on discounts available through the hotel's franchise is well founded. To be quite honest, franchises regularly have hotels participate in discount programs that we would prefer not to. Checking with a hotel's franchise first and then calling the hotel directly is what I beleve to be the best method of ensuring you get the best rate. It is what I do when traveling on business or pleasure. Typically a hotel's front desk offers the best available rate, but the only way you will know is by checking with the franchise first.

Thank you again for a great review. We really appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We'll hope to see you again. Until then...safe travels.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

An unexpected find! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in at any hotel. Very clean place. The weekend we were visiting, there was a very large group of families attending some outing. We asked the desk clerk to put us as far away from the children as possible, and he was wonderful about accommodating us. He also gave us some great tips about where to eat. All in all, great service. We are trying to find more reasons to go back to that area so we can stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I was really happy to read your entire review. Please know that we cater year-round to vacationers. We offer a plethora of summer, fall and winter vacation packages. In addition, you can view all the regions attractions on the hotel's independent website. Our website provides an extensive list of what you can do while on vacation. I can email you the website's URL, my email address is listed below.

We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Until then...safe travels.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful place to visit. The rooms are clean, the service is great, and the staff is extremely friendly. Specifically, the restaurant staff have gone out of their way to accommodate our kids who consistently sleep slate when we're visiting. We've stayed here many times and always have a great experience. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The ground floor is great but does have issues with cell phone reception.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your repeated patronage and then taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you for recognizing the hard work and dedication of my many team members. Carol in our breakfast room was named the hotel's Employee of the Year for 2012. She was then awarded the Employee of the Year for our entire company. She earned this prestigous recognition out of more than 1300+ employees at 29 hotels. I am blessed to work with an incredible group of team members.

Thank you for staying with us. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Until then...safe travels.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed in Room 105 at this location the night of June 22-23 and was very satisfied.

THE GOOD:

-conveniently located right off I-91 (Exit 20). Easy to spot from the highway
-room was clean and the beds were quite comfortable. TV had nice display. Fridge and microwave in room as well
-nice bathroom with decent water pressure and exhaust fan
-cranking air conditioner in room!
-free parking and free wi-fi (acceptable signal strength) in room and in lobby
-impressive variety of food available during continental breakfast. The waffle makers rock!
-clean, well-maintained pool and sauna. Didn't use either while I was there but went downstairs to check them out and they were fine
-friendly, accommodating staff. Special thanks to Steve at the front desk, a nice man who was exceptionally patient and went out of his way to make my stay that much more enjoyable (gave me plastic bags for laundry, helped me locate the remote to the TV in lobby, etc.)

THE BAD:

-I really have to nit pick to think of something. Splenda avail only in lobby and not in room for coffee... not exactly a damning criticism.

I don't always give out five stars but this place, in large part because of the staff, deserves it. Very solid value. Will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

What a great review!!! We really appreciate you staying with us and taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I appreciate all the positive qualities that you pointed out. I especially appreciate you taking time to recognize the hard work and dedication that Steve brings to the hotel. Steve is a manager in training that I recruited from Johnson & Wales University. He is a fantastic employee that has huge potential with our company.

I too am a Splenda user and will see if the in-room packets are available with Splenda.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope to see you in the future. Until then...safe travels.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I Feel at home when we are in this hotel,and the location is a privilege because we can travel nearby and come back at night.
the garden is very beatiful,in the winter the fire place is a very cozy place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good,the view are good also.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Three of my four children have graduated from St. Johnsbury Academy. The school offers a world-class education and you will find no bigger fan than me. We LOVE hosting the visiting families of students at St. Johnsbury Academy, Lyndon Institute and Lyndon State College. It is a privilege getting to know the familes and their children. We grow very attached and saying goodbye (even if it is only for the summer) is always hard. Thank you so much for your repeated patronage.

We hope to see you again. Until then...safe travels.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This facility was amazing. A gem, in the middle of a beautiful area. A welcome oasis to come for a quiet time both inside and outside the hotel. I would not hesitate to stay their again, next time I will be sure to bring my wife.

Room Tip: There are quite a few restaurants a very short distance away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald P

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting a review on TripAdvisor. We work extremely hard to exceed the expectations of all our guests. We've been described as many things, but never an "oasis" and a "movie set". You really made our day!!! I love watching our vacationing families take photos out in from the property, using the hotel as a backdrop. The fact that families want to capture images of the hotel to remember their experience always tickles me. We just celebrated the hotel's 13th birthday. I opened the hotel from the ground up and am comfortable saying that we are better today than at any other point since opening.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and posting a review. We hope to see you back real soon. Until then...safe travels!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
Fairbanks Inn
Fairbanks Inn
#2 of 2 in Saint Johnsbury
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!