Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Fairbanks Inn(Saint Johnsbury)
$219
$203
Hotels.com
Rabbit Hill Inn(Saint Johnsbury)
$279
  • Breakfast included
Colonnade Inn(Lyndonville)
$99
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center(East Burke)(Great Value!)
$129
TripAdvisor
Maplewood Lodge(Saint Johnsbury)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast ambassadorthe breakfast areahot tubchoice hotelsexercise roomvery nice hotelseparate sitting arearooms are hugecomplimentary breakfastdefinitely stay here againfitness centergreat place to staybreakfast was excellentyogurtnice roomburke mountainwe've stayed
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Visiting our son in college we pleasantly stumbled on this Comfort Inn. Staff was friendly and rooms were great... I really don't have any negative thing to say about this stay at all -- Believe me this doesn't happen all the time.. Great stay Folks - You won't be dissapointed...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, Area Director of Operations and General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your stay. We will look forward to hosting your future visits when visiting your son at college. One important suggestion...book your future stays EARLY. More so here than any other hotel I have ever managed...this one fills up fast and earlier than people anticipate (especially for foliage, parents weekends, graduation periods, etc). You can book a full 51 weeks in advance and I recommend it. Thanks again for the great review. We will look forward to seeing you in the future...until then...safe travels. Brett

Reviewed September 27, 2011

When you drive up the landscaped grounds and impressive drive and entryway make it seem like a fancy resort, not a chain hotel. The premises are beautiful inside and out. Our room was lovely and spotless and had every amenity, including a huge flat screen TV. The separate seating and desk area made the regular room feel like an upgraded suite. Every employee, from housekeeping to the desk was great. We forgot our wallet (with lots of cash in it) at the front desk after a late night check in and it was returned immediately with nothing missing - how often does that happen in this world?! The breakfast buffet was much better than most hotels, and was very clean and constantly serviced by cheerful staff. Our only regret was when we moved on to a more expensive bed and breakfast which could not hold a candle to this hotel. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
BrettLoehr, Area Director of Operations and General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you so much for recognizing the hard work that we put into making our hotel beautiful. My team takes a tremendous amount of pride in what we do. Everyone of us LOVES the fact that we are not a "cookie cutter" type hotel. Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations at EVERY opportunity. I agree with you that the entire staff consists of people that are exceptional. Every team member knows their role and is focused on ensuring that our guests have an exceptional visit. I have passed on your comments to the wonderful employee, Leatha, that returned your wallet. She is a shining example of our promote from within culture. She started with us by learning four or five different positions in the housekeeping department, she then moved on to the front desk. Since joining the front desk, she has mastered all three shifts and was ultimately promoted to assistant front office manager. She is currently a manager in training for one of my larger hotels. Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your stay. We really appreciate it. Safe travels...Brett

Reviewed September 27, 2011

We were on our way to a resort further North, and needed a place to stay for just one night. We were hoping for a clean room and bath, and a comfortable bed. We felt as though we had wandered into the Four Seasons by mistake. This place is by far the nicest "chain" hotel we have ever stayed in. I even remarked to my Honey, that I hoped that our room at the resort we were headed to, was as nice as this. It wasn't. I look forward our next trip to the NE Kingdom, just so that we can stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

World take notice...a review that a Comfort Inn & Suites is better than a Four Seasons hotel!!! The earth may fall off its axis. Wooooohooooo...this is my favorite review so far this year. I'm posting it on the hotel's communication board for all to see. Thanks so much for staying with us and writing a review on Tripadvisor! Safe travels...Brett

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed for two nights in this hotel for a family wedding. It had been chosen for its proximity to the wedding location, and frankly, before we arrived I was skeptical. This hotel is very surprisingly luxurious. My niece (the bride) and her whole wedding party stayed there, and I soon found out there were bridal parties for two other weddings staying there at the same time. I, and many others, had frequent questions and issues. Despite all the activity, amazing desk clerk Leatha took care of every issue with lightning speed, a charming smile, and a calm and attentive manner, so there was never a line in the lobby. I was very impressed with the quality of this hotel.

1  Thank Nora F
BrettLoehr, Area Director of Operations and General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

The hotel's staff and I love hosting weddings. One of the benefits of working in the hospitality industry is being a part of our guests most special days. They are the days that will be remembered forever. We take a lot of pride in being part of those memories. Annually, we host dozens of weddings. Often we will be hosting two or three weddings on a single weekend. Leatha, the hotel's Assistant Front Office Manager, is an amazing professional that has "grown from within". She has a tremendous career ahead of her. I will certainly pass your comments along to her. Thank you so much for admiring our hard work and taking time to share your observations on Tripadvisor.
Safe travels...
Brett

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Of the dozen or so hotels my husband and I have stayed in over the last six months, this stopover on our way home to RI from Quebec City had the most comfortable bed and the best (i.e. freshest, most variety of offerings) breakfast of all. We had stayed primarily in Holiday Inn Express hotels, which are fine when they have been redone, but this Comfort Inn was outstanding. Pool was great, too. Clean and nice temperature.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RhoDylandAnne

I absolutely LOVE your review. Mainly, because I'm a big promoter of selling a quality night's sleep (I know...what a concept). I cannot begin to tell you how many times, I have stayed at a nice, clean, well staffed hotel, that cut corners on the bed and bedding. It drives me crazy when hotels have it "almost right" and blow it with the beds and bedding. Our beds were recently upgraded and later this year we will be rolling out a whole new bedding program. I was thrilled to hear that you loved our beds...I hope you come back and let me know what you think about our improvements later this year. Thank you so much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate it!
Safe Travels...