“Great food, good service”
Review of Anthony's Diner

Anthony's Diner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A nice mom and pop restaurant with smiling and friendly service and quality food. I forgot my backpack there and they were kind even after closing in returning it to me.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

WHilst on a coach tour of the east coast, we were given a short time in this town to get lunch. We opted for Anthony's diner on the recommendation of our tour guide. Even though the diner was pretty full as quite a few of our 50 odd travel companions, as well as a fair number of 'local' customers had chosen the diner, we were greeted warmly and served quickly. We had burgers, quite delicious with sweet potato fries. And served with a nice cup of 'British' tea. Although we were full from the burgers, the dessert choice was too good to miss, so we ordered a cherry pie and shared it amongst the three of us. Replete and very contented, we boarded our coach with a free mug, which now has pride of place in my kitchen as a pen holder, proudly advertising the diner and various assorted businesses in Saint Johnsbury. I would wholeheartedly recommend this diner to anyone with a discerning appetite who is also budget conscious. If we didn't have to travel about 6000 miles to get there, I would be a regular visitor!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was recommended by travelers atop Mt Washington, NH that lived in lower VT and also hotel staff. I had the haddock dinner and It was delicious. All three of us enjoyed the food. Very good food and staff were so nice even though it was closing time when we finished our meals. They did not rush us and were so friendly. Highly recommend the Diner.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friend and I wandered into Vermont while visiting the White Mountains and decided to find some poutine. We asked a waitress and she said they had it so we went inside. Typical small town diner ambiance. The menu looked good and the prices were reasonable. The poutine was not real poutine; cheddar cheese and the wrong gravy plus overcooked french fries. My hamburger (despite asking for medium) was char broiled. Yuck. The waitress never came over to ask how everything was and didn't even question why we didn't eat the burger. My friend liked his meatloaf and thought the cottage cheese side was pretty unique but he wasn't blown away either. Not somewhere that I'd return to.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We couldn't find anywhere else in what appeared to be a "ghost town" so we stopped in for a bite. The burgers are excellent and I assume their claim of grass fed beef is true. The desserts were outstanding, (apple crisp pie for my son and blueberry pie for me).
The service although very friendly was a bit disorganized. The food came and we still hadn't gotten the drinks. I saw they were poured, but not served. I am still quite impressed though and would recommend you give them a try!