“Surprised still in business.”
Review of Anthony's Diner

Anthony's Diner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Extremely poor service. As a restaurant owner myself, I know good service and I understand the stresses of the service industry. Hand written check brought to the table was illegible, no total written on check. Waitress even had trouble reading her own check. Almost charged me twice the amount owed. Waitress didn't check on us until we were pretty much done eating. Makes me wonder how many others have just payed without questioning the bill.

1  Thank nhhiker22

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my meal at Anthony's I have not been there in about 30 years and was so happy to see Tony still was around making great homemade meals

1  Thank Bdolgin
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Can't beat their woodsman burger, just how you want it and a mountain of fries freshly made. Now are licensed so can have simple wine or beer also. Always daily special on board. Good place for a simple quick meal, down to earth, nothing fancy. Best to aim for your standard fare. Family friendly.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The diner was packed when we walked in...just a couple of seats at the counter, and one small booth near the window between the dining room and the kitchen. Our waitress made us feel right at home after our 90 minute drive south from the Vermont/Quebec border on our way to the Clint Black concert at Fuller Hall (be sure to check out this event series: kingdomcounty.org) Seems that most folks at Anthony's were planning on attending the same sold-out concert. Anyway, for the sake of expediency, we ordered two local beers (Peak ale--try it!, and a Sam Adams) and Woodsman (Mountain Man?) burgers. Wow. The local grassfed beef was truly savory and delectable. Don't miss it. Home made fries were tasty, too. (skip the "bready" onion rings) Our waitress was delightful (thanks for your commitment to community service!)

Oh yes, the pies looked great, but we didn't have time to try 'em. Maybe you will plan ahead better than we did.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is what all diners should be for a quick lunch. Homemade bread, homemade potato chips, a sandwich (BLT) made properly with enough bacon, but not too much. Lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise in proportion. I'm a diner aficionado, and this lunch was a small, simple and quick one, done perfectly. That's right, perfectly.
I'll be going back, and review again for breakfast and/or a full lunch.