“Better than most Japanese in Burlington”
Review of Yama Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Yama Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Description: We are in Jcpenney Plaza.Between Rite Aid and Video King.
Description: We are in Jcpenney Plaza.Between Rite Aid and Video King.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Better than most Japanese in Burlington”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm not sure what made this husband and wife team start a Japanese restaurant in St. Albans, but I'm glad they did. They craft very good sushi and hibachi food. I particularly like their teriyaki chicken and their udon noodle dishes. It's a little pricey but I have had much more expensive Japanese food that was the same quality. They always treat us very well when we go and are extra nice to our children.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank nathanf1975

“Excellent food, with some adventurous options!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

A nice little restaurant hidden away in a shopping plaza. Yama had some very interesting options on the menu, that might appeal to the more adventurous. At mention of the Funky Monkey roll in a Yelp post, we decided to give it a try. It's a cooked roll with Eel and bananas inan eel sauce, sounds wierd, but turned out to be surprisingly delicious! For the less adventurous, there are still the usual options that are quite tasty. We'll be coming back often to this delightful gem.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mardenvt
Greenville, South Carolina
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I love this restaurant! Food is great, incredible flavor. Sushi, various fried rice dishes and they will make what I ask. Clean, professional and fast. A hidden gem in St. Albans.

• Visited November 2012
Milton, Vermont
“A gem in St Albans!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I really wanted to try sushi and heard Yama was the place to go. I was a little skeptical since, let's face it, it's St Albans VT in a strip mall. One of my bucket list goals is to eat food created by Morimoto of the Food Network. I thought before we do that I better make sure I can eat raw fish. OMG, the sushimi at Yama was incredible. It was creamy and not at all fishy. We got a sushi and sushimi app. We figured no great loss if we didn't like it. The problem is that we loved it and I have discovered my new favorite food. We also got the hibachi shrimp and scallops. That was ok. The vegetables and seafood were well cooked but have had better in the usual Japanese steakhouses. And really, how could it compare to the sushimi??? Our waitress was adorable and was interested why we chose now and Yama to try sushi. How could I explain Morimoto?? We will definitely go back! There were only 8 tables but we didn't need reservations. I expect that will change. I hope this little gem can make it!! Everyone I have talked to who has eaten there has raved about it. Good luck Yama :-)

Milton
“great value at the Yama”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have passed by Yama many times but never inside. It is in a strip mall and rather plain from the outside. The inside is plain also. The food was very good. My wife and I both had hibachi specials; I had the shrimp and she the chicken. We liked the shrimp dish the best; it had 9 decent sized shrimp, veggies and noodles. The food was tasty. The service was very efficient. We will go back to try the sushi. If you are in the area, give this place a try.

• Visited September 2012