“The best Chinese Restaurant in the area!!!!”
Review of Eastern Dragon

Eastern Dragon
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Saint Albans
Cuisines: Asian
Vermont
“The best Chinese Restaurant in the area!!!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have been eating at the Eastern Dragon for 6 years! It is the only Chinese restaurant I will eat at in St. Albans! Owned by a local family and they are just awesome! I guess we frequent enough that they know us. When we sit down, she already knows what I want to drink and one of the meals my husband will order, as they are always the same, and she knows that my husband doesn't like onions in his fried rice. Ok so we're predictable but I just love the attention to detail and the personal touch. The food is always made fresh to order!!! It is served piping hot and plenty of it. Extremely reasonable prices. We usually bring 2 of our children with us and the four of us can have a full meal (usually 1 appetizer & 3 meals) plus have enough leftovers for 1.5 meals. All of this for around $35-40 with drinks and tip. That is a great deal!!!

They even serve Sushi. We don't eat Sushi so I cannot comment on that, however, I always see people ordering or getting take out when I'm there.

The restaurant is right on Main Street. Easy to find. Small in size, so it can be hard to get a table during the busy dinner hours. If you go off peak time it will be easier. Although I've never had a bad experience even then they are full and with a line waiting for take out.

If you have not tried this restaurant you really should! Our kids beg to go for dinner!

• Visited December 2012

Jupiter, Florida
“I give the food two thumbs up!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've eaten here a number of times and have yet to have a less than satisfactory meal. The food is always fresh and prepared to order. The restaurant itself is just a storefront set-up but its very conveniently located and on street parking is not a problem. Well worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
East Fairfield, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent all around!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I discovered this little Chinese restaurant fairly recently. It is heaven! We have been back with and without friends a total of 5 times in just this last month. Their food is super fresh and amazingly prepared. The veggies are crunchy, everything is hot when served, and they do not use MSG.

were have tried many different dishes and they have all been excellent. They serve the best fried rice I have ever tasted. Same goes for the egg rolls. Their House Special soup is a little different every day and always delicious. So far, my favorite dish is the Dragon and Phoenix, which I order with the fried rice. You have to specifically ask for the fried rice, otherwise they give you just the standard white rice.

The food is amazing, the portions are huge, the prices are excellent value, place is kept spotlessly clean, the wait staff and owners are very nice, friendly, and accommodating, and the service is really fast. We have always been served within about 15 minutes of ordering.

I can not recommend this little restaurant highly enough. Wow, what a find in little ol' St. Albans VT... So glad we live close by.

Visited December 2012
“Incredible food and service”
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I come here often and have never once had a bad meal or service. In a town where it's customary to have cookie cutter Chinese cuisine this place is such a blessing to have. Owned and operated by a husband and wife who care about the local people, remember what you like and cater to you wants is jsoy sauce on your wonton (icing on the cake).

Saint Albans, Vermont
“Regular Hangout”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

If we are in the mood for Chinese - Eatern Dragon is our choice. Love the owners and their take out is always ready in 15 minutes.

Visited July 2012