“Great Food”

Mimmo’S Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Saint Albans
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel recommended this restaurant and you will not be disappointed - the food was delicious and the restaurant staff was so friendly - great pizza!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were on an interminable trip east & had begun to fear that dinner was going to come from a gas station so I suppose this review reflects that. The service was adequate & friendly if uninspired (long wait for water, no information about local beer). We sat outside. That would have been nicer without the motorcycles roaring by, but I live in northern New England and there are so few evenings that it's comfortable outside that it still beat indoors. We ate salad & calzones. The Greek salad was fine (good Kalamata olives). Again, not exciting, but Greek salad isn't. The calzones, though, were excellent: made with mozzarella & ricotta as they are supposed to be & nice crisp-chewy crust. Way too much for one person. And great beer, even if I don't know what I drank. The meal was more than the sum of it's (rated) parts & I'd go there again.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Lovely lunch outside at mimmo pizzeria
We enjoyed the pizza, wine and the price,
The friendly town lived up to its expectation
As our Chris waiter was attentive not intrusive
Nice place to enjoy lunch in quaint St. Albans

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This little pizza\Italian spot on North Main Street in Saint Albans is absolutely the most delicious Italian food you will ever have anywhere. It is the real deal, a family restaurant run by some brothers from Italy. The olive oil comes from the family farm in Italy. They get insanely busy on Friday and Saturday night but I have always found the service to be excellent. The staff treats me like family. Kind of like Cheers from the TV series; everyone knows your name and they are glad you came. I been trying to get Food Network out to visit them. You will not find better Italian anywhere else. I am alone most of the time when I go there which can feel awkward but they always make me feel real comfortable. Check out the web site at http://mimmositalian.com/

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stopped for lunch on the way to Montreal. We had a couple of sandwiches and some fries. Chicken parm was tender, the marinara was excellent. Lots of meat and cheese in the italian sub. The fries are considered an appitizer, are $4.50 but are big enough for 2 people at lunch. Stopped on a previous trip and had great manicotti.