“Very Good Breakfast!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
“Very Good Breakfast!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were staying with friends in St Albans and the husband recommended this place for breakfast. I had the " Vermonter Skillet Breakfast" with home fries bacon apples cheese and two eggs over easy... very good! We also ordered Blueberry pancakes so we could taste the local Maple syrup. So good I bought 4 bottles of Vermont syrup to take home as gifts. Our guest ordered the Pecan sticky bun and it was slightly dry... maybe from microwaving.
The service was fine and got several refills on the coffee...

• Visited July 2014

Rockaway Beach, NY
“Ok as diners go”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Service was friendly if a bit slow. Food was ok. I had the Vermonter (scrambled egg cheese potatoes apple chunks) all mixed in a little skillet. I liked it. Wife had an omelet with bacon sausage ham which she said was ok. Wife's mom not too thrilled with biscuits and gravy or apple pie.

In defense of Maple City I should say this was my first visit as it was not open my last 2 trips to St. Albans (8/13). Instead we went to St. Albans Diner just across the road which we really like. Better food selection and a bit less expensive.

While we would prefer the St. Albans Diner, if we had to go to Maple City instead, I wouldnt mind too much. Its clean, service was friendly and food was ok for the most part.

Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“Better than Average”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I often wish TA had a rating between Average and Very Good. I guess "average" doesn't mean "bad", but that seems to be the way people take it, so I felt I needed to take the rating up a notch
First, Juliette's service was quick and pleasant. I was also kind of pleased to see that their menu has plenty of selections without being one of those mega multi-page diner catalogs you see too often and usually just confuse you or at least slow your selection.
I had a breakfast of Hungry Man skillet, grits, coffee and OJ. The skillet was very good and a little out of the ordinary. The grits were pretty good, though not quite to Southern standards. The coffee and OJ were very good, though unexceptional.

• Visited May 2014
“Spoon Fries”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Never again, My husband and I stopped for dinner one night. Their was only one wait staff on, only a few other people in the diner. We waited about 15 minute's for her to take our order. We ordered skin's to start and a Ruben for myself and burger for my husband. The skins came and all they were was cut up potato wedge's with little cheese on top. We waited another 25 minute's for our dinner and when that came my fries were so small and burnt you had to use a spoon to pick any up. My sandwich was so dry I could not eat it. My husbands Burger was so so. If the owner's of One Federal are so cheap as to not hire enough wait staff and a decent cook then move on!! Please, never again. Same problem's different diner.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Katea C
Saint Albans Bay, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wouldn't Go Back if I Was Paid!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The sign said to wait to be seated, so we waited, and waited, and waited! And it was not busy at all. Our waitress was busy on her cell phone. I ordered the Reuben special. The corned beef was very fatty and grizzly. What little meat I could find was cut very thick and difficult to chew. My husband ordered the corn chowder and a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato and bacon. The soup was so thick that he could stand his spoon up without falling over. The bacon was not cooked thoroughly. It was obvious that the ketchup had been watered down. The only times we saw our waitress was when she took our order, brought our meals and drinks (which she brought at the same time) and when she gave us our tab. She never came during the meal to ask us how things were going. Although we were there at noontime on a weekday, there was only one other couple there. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Visited April 2014