“Consistent, clean, friendly staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saint Albans
Derry, New Hampshire
“Consistent, clean, friendly staff”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We love staying at this particular La Quinta on our road trips between NH and ON. It's always clean, the staff is always very friendly, the breakfast is nice and the price is always right.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Marblehead, MA
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We (3 friends & a dog) stayed (double room) to attend a funeral in Saint Albans. The place is new, clean, comfy & very dog friendly (you need the rabies certificate). The staff couldn't have been any nicer on a very late night check-in. The indoor pool is GREAT (and clean). There are fridges in the rooms, awesome shower, free basic continental breakfast (with waffel machine). Would stay again!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed October 1, 2009

The good: hotel staff is friendly and tries to help.
The bad: I've been staying here for several nights on business and they have yet to vaccuum the carpet in room or in the hallway.
The ugly: The pieces of discarded dental floss on my bathroom floor aren't mine because I didn't bring any. Nasty stuff.

I'm going to stay in Burlington next time.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
New York State
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Unfortunately, St. Albans needs a nice hotel and needs it very badly. The choices are dismal. This is my hometown, and when I need to visit family, I prefer to find a vacation rental on Lake Champlain rather than stay in any of the motels. Unfortunately, in the winter, that's not really an option. This place is next to the highway and a large gas station where the diesel engines may run all night. Did I mention the exhaust blowing into our room? The filthy green pool? The continental breakfast that barely had any food left early in the morning on Maple Festival weekend? They didn't know a crowd was coming on the busiest weekend of the year? (Well, that turned out to be okay because there were great maple frosted doughnuts at the festival!)

It's expensive. It's awful. Stay in Burlington and drive the extra 32 miles. It's inconvenient, but you'll sleep and eat much better.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I have often stayed at 5 star rated hotels and I would rate La Qunita in St Albans, VT should be on that list! Everytime I have stayed there whether it is one day or two weeks, I feel first class....the room is beautiful, smells good everytime I step inside it, it is sparkling clean, and the breakfast fresh and tasty, but more important everyone staff (front desk and cleaning staff) is just great.
Appreciate smiles at the front desk after a long day and begin a woman of 55, I always feel safe if I am alone. Great place to stay.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newtown, CT
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We stayed at the La Quinta for 3 nights and had a pleasant stay. Not a fancy place, but the beds were very comfortable, and housekeeping did a great job of keeping our linens and towels clean. The air conditioner was a little noisy, but worked well. Carpeting and bedding looked new.
The 2 people that I dealt with at the front desk (check in and out) were extremely friendly and professional.
Breakfast was continental (as advertised) and food was replenished in a timely manner. They food selection included fresh fruit, bagels, english muffins and a variety of breads, hard boiled eggs, cereals (hot and cold), muffins and yogurt. Coffee was hot and fresh.
We didn't get a chance to try out the pool, but it never appeared to be over crowded.
We have family in the area, and will definitely go back.

• Liked — Friendly, helpful staff
  • Disliked — noisy air conditioner
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I should preface this review by saying I will be staying here again, although only because we have family in the area and because the alternatives are apparently much worse.

That being said, there's not much positive to report about our stay a La Quinta. The hotel room was average: relatively clean and modern, but tiny and the furniture was really beat up. We were given an accessible room, which we didn't need, but it made me wonder how someone who required more room to maneuver would find what they needed here. The bathroom was spacious, but some of the accessibility features in the tub looked moldy.

The front desk staff were never at the front desk. You had to wait and wait for someone to notice you, or had to shout out to the back room for assistance -- very annoying. All three times I needed front-desk help I got the same staff member who was brusque, verging on rude.

The free breakfast was a disaster. All the appliances were broken: the microwave, juice dispenser, and toaster, and waffle maker produced soggy, carbon-encrusted waffles. The hotel was full when we stayed but there wasn't enough of anything for everybody: they kept running out of plates and food, which weren't replenished quickly enough. When the waitstaff member found the time to bring more food out, she did it by grabbing fists full of English muffins and bagels in her bare hands. Yuck! Plus, she never bothered to clean off a single table, which was really disgusting.

I had some problems making reservations on the website, which kept changing my entries (I'd put in 4 guests, and it would make a reservation for 1, for example -- and that's how I ended up with the accessible room). When I realized I'd made a reservation with an error in it and tried to call customer service to have them fix it, I was told that the change was paramount to canceling the reservation and since it was within 48 hours of my stay I couldn't cancel without paying. I got it straightened out eventually after demanding a supervisor, but I've never dealt with such a customer-unfriendly hotel reservation line in my life.

All-in-all, not the most positive experience (and a $139/night, it wasn't super-cheap, either), but our relatives assured us it was still better than the EconoLodge and Cadillac Motel, both down the street.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the free breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Hotel St. Bernard
Hotel St. Bernard
#1 of 1 in Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans? Share your experiences!