All reviews front desk room was clean dunkin donuts nice place to stay continental breakfast hard boiled eggs convenient location main street nice pool stayed one night third floor great room burlington microwave cereal pillows quebec
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Back to visit family in St. Albans, so of course that meant staying at La Quinta. We were warmly greeted by Stevie who quickly checked us in. Had a bit of a bump with A/C that wouldn't turn off but she had magically taken care of it by the time we got back from dinner. Asked Raina if she could make up the room while we were at the pool. No problem...that's the type of employees who work here!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

I'm so glad you came back again to stay with us. Stevie and Raina will be overjoyed to be mentioned by name on an online review. The staff doesn't get that very often and its a treat for them. Of course they both deserve it for the outstanding service they both give. It's nice to also hear that any problems you encountered were taken care of in a timely manner. We look forward to your next visit to St. Albans and your next stay with us at La Quinta. Thank you!

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from sept ‘17 to feb ‘18 for work and again a few weeks ago.

There are a few bad seeds that work there. Management knows and does nothing about it .

You get very good service depending who is working and very rude service at other times.

I have had the rude desk clerk Tammy tell my wife upon checking in that she was being inconsiderate by asking me to drive to the only 24hr Walmart (90 mins away) to get her a heated blanket Bc she didn’t think it was All that cold outside.

Because we were staying long term, we had our names drug through the mud by the same “lovely” front desk clerk trying to spread rumors and lies, trying to tie various hotel employees to myself and co-workers.

We have called multiple times when the channels aren’t working which they can call and reset. Heather claims nothing can be done or it’s not her job.

My wife tripped a breaker and our suite had no power. Again, heather said there is nothing that could be done and we sat in the dark.

A group of us rented the green mountain room for New Year’s Eve party. I was repeatedly told she didn’t need to have to “deal with us”, about 5 mins after midnight, I got told that New Years I over and we really shouldn’t even be in there anymore. This also brought another instance of dragging us and employees into another round of rumors and lies.

This past time I had the desk clerk Tammy give out my name and my room number, so some random people could come bang on my door at 1130pm.

It is Very obvious management doesn’t care. I know we aren’t the only people who they’re rude to.

Hampton has agreed to price match for a corporate rate. Plus it is closer to everything in town! Go there instead.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at our hotel. I have spoken to my staff about you and your company and the experiences you mentioned in your review! I wish you the best.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Very good hotel, very near Interstate 89 Exit. Other then some problems with the toilet clogging easily. The hotel was very acceptable & clean. We have stayed there often in the past and will stay there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Robert,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review online. We appreciate the score you left and comments, as it allows us to improve our product and service. My maintenance staff has addressed the clogging toilet issue in your room and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I am always pleased to see comments about the cleanliness of the hotel because my housekeeping staff work very hard and take great pride in their work. You validation of that is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for posting and we look forward to your next visit to St. Albans!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

3 of us, had suite on 3rd floor. Quite, clean, well appointed. King bed was firm and very comfortable. Suite had full size refrig, stove and above stove micro, sink, dishes, utensils, pots/pans, gas fireplace and sofa bed. Bed was not the nicest, mattress needs to be replaced with better one, as do pillows for this bed. otherwise, linens were good. Bathhad good water flow and good amount of hot water. Towels were absorbent, of good size and quality. AC's were quiet when running.
Front desk friendly and helpful. Had forgotten my book on previous stay a week prior, staff found and held it for me.
Food was the typical fare. Grounds were well kept, found some quiet areas to walk and relax in.
Would stay here again if in area.

Room Tip: I try to always get room away from stairs, elevator--much quieter
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Charlene,
Thank you for the very thorough review. I think you hit on everything and I appreciate the nice words. You mentioned the King bed was very comfortable and then mentioned the bed was not the nicest. I am assuming you were speaking of the sofa/sleeper. Believe it or not, that particular sofa/sleeper is only a year old. We've never been able to find a sofa/sleeper that quite equals a regular bed for comfort. In order to be a support for the sofa, the mattresses are usually too hard, or in some cases with the older sofas, too thin. Either way, I apologize and we will continue looking for that perfect sofa/sleeper! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

...but too expensive for a normal nondescript room. Brought it up with management along with complements and was told that corporate sets the rates. Less expensive, equal quality in Colchester/Burlington.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hi Jim,
As I mentioned in my reply to your other post, we do our best in the areas we have control over. Service, cleanliness, friendliness, breakfast, etc. I'm sorry you feel our pricing is out of sync. Traveling the 40/60 minute round trip to Colchester/Burlington to save some money doesn't always translate for some. If you're just in Vermont on vacation, that may make sense, but if your in St. Albans for business or other specific reasons, that extra milage and time, may not be worth it. Only you can determine that. Thank you for the wonderful compliments you paid us and if you need to be in St. Albans, we'll be here when you come back. Tanks for posting!