“Ok Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saint Albans
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at La Quinta Inn and Suites in St Albans, VT last night while visiting our son and daughter-in-law. When we first walked in, we could smell cigarette smoke which kind of surprised me. I'm not used to going into buildings that smell like that anymore. We were greeted by a very nice lady and checked in within minutes. Our room was on the second floor, which also smelled like cigarette smoke. The room was a decent size, plenty of room for us, with a "queen" bed and a pullout sofa. I have a queen bed at home and the one in this room was a lot smaller, more like a full size. The room was clean but faintly smelled like the hallway and lobby. The walls in this hotel are very thin and we could hear the people down the hall having a very good time. We also heard everyone that walked down the hall. This morning we had coffee at the free breakfast station. There were bagels, English muffins, packaged muffins, waffles, fruit and cereal plus coffee, tea and juice. When we checked out, I asked if there was smoking in the building and the woman said only six rooms on the first floor opposite where our room was. I told her about the smell upstairs and she said I should have let them know right away. I will do that if we stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I loved our stay at this hotel. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. the size of the room was excellent. there was more then enough room to move around and not feel crowded with children in the room. the bed was so comfy that I wish I could have taken it home. I will be staying at this hotel again as well as recommending it to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather A
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had a family of elephants in the room above me. They kept pacing the floor with there screaming children This was constant till past 10:30 PM and again at 2:00 am They would not answer the phone, for the manger or for me. I think they were French Canadians, rude people

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed March 5, 2014

we were a family of 12 with children and grand children, after a visit to Jay Peak, we stay at this hotel. The choice was great because not too far and the was shopping mall near. In the hotel there was a pool, wonderful for the kids and adults We rent 4 rooms and they were thoughful by giving us communication rooms

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 112marthel
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed only for one night so we could get a good night sleep for the next day, we were unable to sleep, as we were positioned right next to the elevator and the noise level was ridiculous and was not handled by staff. Also, when I called about pool hours I asked what time the pool opened and the response was "Why? Is it not open? I cant believe these people here cant do their jobs." and was hung up on. Question never answered and no paper work in the room with that information. Was not worth the $155+ we spent. The breakfast bar, I believe had good options to begin with, but when I arrived at 9:00 there was minimal selection left and the bar was disarray. I have never complained about a hotel stay before, but this was not a good experience, and quite frankly a waste of money. I should have drove and hour and forty five minutes home at 2 am and then i would have had more of a good night's sleep, and could have saved my money. As far as room conditions, the curtains were falling apart and had appeared to tried to have once been fixed with some sort of glue, the wallpaper in both the room and bathroom was peeling off, water stains/yellowing on the ceiling in the bathroom and near the emergency sprinkler. Although, none of that would have bothered me if the service and the rest of my stay was within normal expectations. A positive was that the king bed we had was comfortable, however the pullout sofa was ripped and extremely worn down, I cant imagine having to rely on that for a sleeping option for kids, etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rhardyrn
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We just needed a place to stay the night in St. Albans and weren't expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is scrupulously clean, all the furnishings are in very good condition, and everything in our room worked. The large indoor pool was a nice surprise in that it was nicer than many in hotels priced much higher.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel appears to be the only national chain hotel in this cozy community. It was my first time at a LaQuinta. The hotel has ample parking, is near the interstate and just minutes from the heart of town. The front desk staff were very friendly and willing to provide guidance about restaurants and directions. The room was large, quiet, well furnished and comfortable bedding. The breakfast was comparable to other chains (Hampton, Holiday Inn, etc.). Nice bathroom amenities. Overall: Impressed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans? Share your experiences!