“Only place to stay in St. Albans”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saint Albans
Murray, Utah
“Only place to stay in St. Albans”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Checked in early at 11:30 am. Female at desk was very efficient and made sure everything was accurate. Checked my AAA card. Made sure my Southwest Airlines points would post. Very polite.

Room was very clean. I thought there might be highway noise, but there wasn't much at all.

Bathrooms large and clean with thick towels. Nice shower. Bed was extremely comfortable. Not what I'm used to at lower priced hotels. Some rooms have a fridge, some don't. No safe.

Indoor pool looked very nice, but I didn't use it.

I slept in kind of late each day, so I can't comment on how the breakfast was.

Room was always made up fast.

Nice convenience stop next door for snacks and just about everything else.

If I'm ever back in St. A, this will be where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank tcmorse6570

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Swanton, Vermont
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I am a little confused by all these negative reviews. I always base my reviews based on value. If I pay 78 dollars INCLUSIVE of tax for a hotel, I will cut it a little more slack than the Burj Al Arab in Dubai which was over 1000 dollars a night. For the money, this hotel was an outstanding value. Very comfortable mattress, silky soft sheets, huge samsung TV with a wide array of cable channels, free breakfast, free internet, guest computer in lobby, etc.... The hostess at check in was charming. Was her name Jody I think? Older lady who was so sweet and helpful. I got a discounted rate since I had a relative in the hospital in town and found it easier to spend the night than going back and forth to my hometown an hour away. If you need to stay in St. Albans, I can't imagine you would find a better hotel. Jay Kerch

Room Tip: King Bed room 213 was great
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rgehring
NH
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The room was passable in terms of cleanliness, (although there was a dead fly in our bed), however there was an unpleasant stale, mildewy odor which permeated the room. We put on the air conditioner which had a very loud rattle in oder to try to mitigate the smell. We had a wedding in the area, and this was the only hotel near by. If we had had a choice I doubt we would have picked this particular place to stay. The complimentary continental breakfast was just ok; there was an assortment of pre packaged muffins and bagels, yogurt, cereal, and coffee, nothing too healthy or nutritious. If passing through the area I suggest going a bit further on to Burlington where there is more of a selection of hotels.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The service at the Hotel was good. I was traveling with family and when checking in we were initially on different floors. I requested a room closer to my family and the hotel as able to change my room for me.

The room was clean and had a lot of space. It had some nice features like a flat screen TV.

The location of the hotel was easy to find off of I 89 and close to down town St. Albans. I was not visiting as vacation so I can't really comment on things to do.

The hotel amenities were okay. The TV in the fitness center did not work and hotel staff just said that they are working on getting that fixed. There was an indoor pool which we did not get the chance to use but it looked very clean.

What I liked best was the pillow top bed. It was very comfortable. What I liked least was the weird smell in the hotel lobby... similar to the smell of stale cigarette smoke. Also, our room smelt fine but our friends were in a non smoking room that smelled of old cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: It smelt like the smoking rooms were located on the 3rd floor, if you're a non smoker it might b...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Troy, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The hotel was okay. The room was clean, except the fridge which had a weird smell. The scenery is not much to look at. I have stayed in nicer hotels for the price, so definitely shop around before booking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip, and needed to stay farther north than Burlington. While there are several quaint and beautiful hotels, motels, and B&B's in northwestern Vermont, if you are looking for a name-brand hotel experience I suggest this hotel. The price is a little steep; but the front desk staff is cheery and helpful, the make-your-own-waffle breakfast is very good, there's a nice pool, and the whole property is well-kept. It has no restaurant on-site, but there are several options in nearby downtown St. Albans.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I was here and i loved it. My 2nd day here i lost my room key so i went to he front desk and they gave my a new key immediatly. The pool is clean and always kept at a good temp. The staff new my name the first day. So every morning i went down to the lobby to eat or use the computer all the staff was like oh hey jordan how was your night. But overall i would definetly reccomend staying here.

• Stayed September 2010
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel St. Bernard
Hotel St. Bernard
#1 of 1 in Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans? Share your experiences!