“Excellent stay in Rutland,VT”

Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Nashville, United States
“Excellent stay in Rutland,VT”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Was looking for a place off the beaten path in Vermont. Thanks to Trip Advisor, I found this property outside the city of Rutland located at the base of the Green Mountains. Very nice location. Very comfortable room and bed.Wi-Fi is strong and reliable. Breakfast was standard continental items. Overall, it was a very nice overnight stop if you want to explore the Green Mountain area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank fanofphils
Susanna S, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear John L, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the location, guestroom, bed and wireless internet. Our employees strive to make our guests' happy and we appreciate your kind words. Please come back and visit again, soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We've never been to Vermont before!
Our plan was to visit Ft Ticonderoga, but when the hotels in Ticonderoga were full, I searched and found a Best Western in Rutland Vt - only 30 miles away.
Wow! is all I can say! We have a suite that compares favorably with any DV (distinguished visitor) quarters we've ever "scored" on military bases!
The very large living/dining room was well appointed, complete with a dining table and chairs, a sofa & coffee table and an easy chair. A separate kitchen with a breakfast bar adjoined the living/dining room. Down a short hall, past the nice bathroom, was the large bedroom with a very comfy king bed.
In the living room was a 42" flatscreen while in the bedroom, we had to make do with a 36" (I'm estimating the sizes and am notoriously bad at that!)
The rooms are all in separate buildings - ours was just across from the office. We were on the second floor which is not ideal without an elevator, but the hike up the stairs with the suitcases was well worth it.
Breakfast was basic but nice, cold cereal, some yummy looking spice bread, hard cooked eggs, etc. The coffee was very good.
Staff was friendly and helpful in every way.
I would come back here in a heartbeat!
One of the best stays we've ever had!

3 Thank BoilerMakerBob
Dear BoilerMakerBob, Thank you so much for your detailed review of the hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and was able to receive an upgrade to a suite, as they are not always available due to popularity. Our location is near many Vermont and upstate New York locations and we are thrilled that you chose the Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland/Killington. Cheers!
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a review you definitely want to read!My Husband decided to take me on a motorcyle trip for lunch Saturday. He never mentioned where we were headed and I never asked; seeing that I was just thrilled to spend the day out of the house.To my surprise he drove us right out of NYC and all the way up North till we arrived at
Manchester,Vermont. He had planned for us to eat at Gringo Jacks (Excellent Choice) which will get its own review! After, unwinding from the long ride and having a great meal. We decided that it would be more exhausting to ride back and therefore decided to find a nearby hotel to spend the remainder of our afternoon/night. After several unsuccessful attempts and no available vacancies.I decided to look further up North to a nearby town Rutland. I spotted the Best Western Inn and Suites. So upon my suggestion My husband called and spoke with a very friendly hospitality clerk named Heather. She was courteous and helpful in assisting us to secure their last avail room, a Queen Suite. Not knowing what to expect on our now impromptu trip we headed to the Hotel. Upon arriving I was impressed to see a visibly cared for property,and took immediate notice of their Motorcycle wash station under their port outside their Main Bldg. I knew my husband would appreciate the wash station as soon as he saw it! Once we stepped inside we were greeted by Heather and her supervisor Carolyn. They both went above and beyond our expectations. They were attentive to our needs, supplying us with any essentials avail,toiletries and information needed to make our stay comfortable. Once we arrived to our Suite I was even more impressed with how beautiful the Suite was! Everything was immaculate, spacious, clean and functional!From the Foyer,Kitchen Area, Dining Area, Liv Room, Bathroom To Bedroom and Even the closet space. Everything was perfect! The beds were as
comfortable as my temperpedic bed at home, which I slept like a baby
on! The following morning came torrential rain which put us both into a forced vacay. However, Carolyn and Heather came the rescue and helped us secure another night in our magnificent suite! We also were able to Enjoy their complimentary breakfast and Met Tammy who also works for the establishment. She too was friendly and made us feel welcome as we now were stranded.It's now Monday Night and My husband and I are still here on a spontaneous adventure! A Huge Thank You to the Professional, Courteous,And Amazing Staff at The Best Western Inn and Suites/Rutland; because of your exceptional service My husband and I plan on returning for future trips!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank EmmyAcosta
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Such wonderful things to say about us - we want to frame your review to continue to drive us and keep providing the positive guest experience for everyone. We thank you for the commens but they really hit home when you specifically state someone's name. That allows me to reach out to them and let them know that they performed exceptionally well. This is how we play as a team here and how we continue to provide excellent customer experiences. Thank you - and your husband for such a fine review and everyone is already talking about seeing you again when you return! Have a great day and keep on biking! Coleen Lio, General Manager
Columbia, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I would stay here again in a heartbeat! First I was thinking it was a little farther than i wanted to stay, but I was so VERY glad I did! The hotel was extremely clean, and everyone was very pleasant and helpful!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Betsy S
So glad you made the effort to drive out of your comfort zone to find us! I will pass your comments on to our housekeeping department so they know they are doing a great job. It's comments like yours that just make our day and encourage us to keep trying to improve. Our goal is to provide a safe, comfortable home away from home experience. Thanks again. Coleen Lio, General Manager
Pointe Aux Piments
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is one of our favorite hotels to visit every summer. We have been coming here for over 7 years. They have lovely suites, nice heated outdoor pool, tennis courts, and play area for the kids. Every wednesday evening in the summer the management hosts a BBQ for all the guests. We never miss this. It is close to the beautiful Green mountains with many trails for hiking. Also Rutland has many beautiful churches and throughout the summer has concerts in the park. The area is surrounded by many beautiful lakes and areas such as Manchester for fabulous shopping. Something for everyone. We love it here.

1 Thank HANS V
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
It's return guests like yourself that confirm why I love my job so much! We appreciate the wonderful words and your description of our area - I couldn't have said it better myself! Hope you had another great stay with us in our fabulous one-bedroom spacious suites. It's the best way to go when you have some time on your hands to unwind! We will be looking for you again down the road! Thanks again. Coleen Lio, General Manager
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our room was clean, beds comfortable, and the staff was awesome. There is a well stocked, excellent complimentary breakfast with coffee 24/7. The front desk folks are very helpful with cheerful attitudes. There is a nice salt water pool, tennis court and workout room. The entire staff is awesome and always ready to help. This hotel is alway our choice when we are travaling to the Rutland area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Super! Thanks for the awesome review. I agree, I think our team does an outstanding job at taking care of our guests and I will be sure to share your comments with them at our next meeting. Glad our accomodations with our pool, tennis courts and complimentary breakfast met all of your needs. A great day for all! Thanks again. Coleen Lio, General Manager
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Really nice room - the 2 Queen with sofa-bed was actually a very spacious 1 bedroom apartment. Clean, comfortable beds. The AC in the bedroom was a bit musty, and the breakfast was just "pretty good" but overall, I would still recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

TravelerfromVT, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for the nice review. I will be more than happy to share with my staff. Please let us know why breakfast was only "pretty good" as we are always looking for ways to improve it. Just recently we were able to add glutin free cereal and soy milk. Many folks have allergies and we try to be able to accomodate everyone. We rotate our hot items every day, but maybe there was something you liked that we did not have out. Always try and mention and tips for us as we want to be sure everyone is satisfied. Don't hesitate to stay with us again on your next visit! Coleen Lio, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 12 in Rutland
Mendon Mountainview Lodge

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington? Share your experiences!