“Free Sweets for the Sweet !”

Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Got into Rutland in the Early evening after a long drive from Maine and was welcomed by the owner doing a shift ! Very pleasant book-in and as my wife is a BW Rewards holder she was offered and accepted some free goodies ! A nice touch I thought ? The place was pretty quite and the rooms were lovely , each set out in seperate blocks and the grounds were large with easy parking. Wasn't the cheapest BW but was pleasant and the breakfast was very good. I could see this being a nice base in the Ski season but all we got was rain !! Maybe next time ?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skeney57
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Awww, so sorry the weather did not cooperate during your stay with us bu it sounds like you had a good time regardless. I do sometimes get to work the shifts at the front desk as I love to be able to meet and greet our guests. Best Western Rewards guests are always welcome to receive special goodies or being members and oftentimes when we can, we offer complimentary upgrades to our one-bedroom suites where you have plenty of room to spread out and play or simply watch tv on our new 42" flat screen televisions. Come see us again, and we will do ou best to have the sun out for you! Take Care. Coleen Lio, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Rutland for 1 night - Dec. 31, 2012 - as part of a mini ski vacation. (We did not participate in any of the ski packages promoted by the hotel.)
From the first call to reserve a room through checkout, the experience was excellent! I called at the last minute to request a room, but had concerns given it was a holiday. The Best Western had one of lowest rates available for available accommodations in the area.
The rate I was quoted matched the lowest available rate on the Best Western website. The only downside was the 72 hour cancellation notice requirement. Fortunately, I had no reason to cancel my reservation!
The hotel is situated just outside of the main section of Rutland, VT, directly off of Rte.4, convenient to anything a guest could potentially need during a stay.
The room was comfortable and clean and quiet. The room included a large flat screen t.v., a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. Free WiFi was a surprise bonus!
The beds were surprising comfortable and the linens were crisp and inviting!
The bathroom and shower were typical - with good water pressure and decent towels.
The included breakfast was great! A hot buffet breakfast with make-your-own waffles. Perfect before a day of skiing!
I would recommend this Best Western!
p.s. Although I can't recall his name, the new front desk manager was very nice and helpful!

Room Tip: I was assigned a 2nd floor room. The room was quiet, and I would request a 2nd floor room if I were...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 04sox

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and we are so glad we were able to accomodate you over the New Year's eveing. The standard room that you were in is scheduled for an upgrade later this summer with replacements of all the case goods. We are hoping that these changes will help to create even more space for your comfort. Visit us during the summer when you can relax in our outdoor heated pool - it is really a treat after touring or working hard all day! Give us a call agian and we will be happy to make a reservation for you and continue to offer the best service that we can. Thanks again. Coleen Lio, General Manager

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was so pleased with the quality of this place! It was clean and comfortable... wonderful amenities... the staff were fabulous... especially Ryan!! I do not regularly recommend places, but this one I DO!!!!!

Christmas morning Santa left gift bags on the doors!! How sweet!!!

Room Tip: my room was perfect, can't leave just 1 tip as it was all fabulous!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Visited this hotel on a business trip. The room was clean enough. There was a new flat screen TV. But the bed linens were old/worn and the the room needed some updating. Great breakfast though -waffle makers, eggs & sausage, yogurt & granola, bagels, fruit, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you so very much for your reveiw. I fond your comments very constructive and have forwarded onto our houskeeping deparment for correction. Sheets should never be worn, as we have plenty of new to put on all bes. I apologize for that issue you encountered. The guest room that you were in is scheduled to be upgraded later this summer wth all new case goods. We hope that you will enjoy them! Let us know when you are planning anothe visit and we will give you a very large welcome back! Thanks again. Coleen Lio, General Manager

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Front desk clerk was a little robotic but pleasant. Stayed in a standard King room, which was a little small and had an older tube TV. The hotel is spread out across multiple buildings and has a condo-like feel, which I liked. Bed was very comfortable. Water pressure in the shower was a little low for my taste. Wi-fi was fast with a strong signal. Breakfast was typical Best Western fare, a nice selection of cereal, fruit, breads, scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles. The price I paid for the room seemed a little high since it's off season for anything in that region, but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MattBart3975
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

We're glad you enjoyed yourself during your stay with us. Your comments will continue to help us with training issues in the future. I appreciate your comment about our televisions - I agree wholeheartedly with you. As a matter of fact, I am expecting over 175 new 37 & 44 inch flat screens any day! What a difference they will make. I hope you will enoy them on your return visit. Thanks again.
Coleen Lio, General Manager-

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have been staying here 4 times a year, 4 nights each time, for a number of years. When we check in, after 2 long days of driving and working, the greeting is always warm and friendly. Our special requests are met to make us feel at home. We stay in a suite, actually a small apartment, consisting of a bedroom with 2 very comfortable queen size beds, a living room with sliding glass doors which open on to a small deck, a dining room area & a full kitchen stocked with supplies for cooking. Really anything that is needed to relax and enjoy some time away with a view of the mountains and nice grounds. A breakfast buffet is available in the main building, with coffee 24 hrs a day.
Our favorite part of staying here is the staff-Colleen, Stella, Tammy, Savanah, and many more-all seem like friends!

Room Tip: Second floor if possible-ceiling in living room is cathedral.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice review. Our entire team tries hard to ensure every guest is rewarded with that "home away from home" feeling while with us. We're glad you get to visit us 4x per year and look forward to your return each time. I will be sure to mention the nice comments made to the staff that you pointed out - it will make their day!
Thanks again.

Coleen Lio, General Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in a suite. It was very large, clean and comfortable.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good as advertized.

Good location between Killington and Rutland.

We did not bring our dog but there was plenty of wooded areas on the property for them.

Room Tip: Ask if an upgrade is available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

So glad you found everything to your liking. Most definately bring your dog the next time. We do have restrictions and policies with accepting pets so be sure to reach out to us first before arriving! Our suites are very nice - I would move into one if I could! Thank you again, I will share your comments with the team. See you again soon!
Coleen Lio, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 12 in Rutland

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington? Share your experiences!