All reviewsno exceptionshopping plazataco bellgrocery storeroom was cleancookiesgreat place to stayvery nice hotelconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastnice staydefinitely stay here againpleasant stafffitness centerone night staychecking inthe breakfast area
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

The breakfast was great and had a wide selection to choose from. The front desk called shortly after we checked in to make sure we were happy with our room. There were additional toiletries beside the usual: shoe polish cloth, mouthwash and vanity kit. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toya h
Reviewed October 19, 2017

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during our trip to the Green Mountains in Vermont on a leaf peeping trip.
We enjoyed it's quality of rooms and location to the mountains.
Very comfortable bed made for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Spent a weekend in Vermont and stayed at the Hampton Inn. The front desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful in recommending restaurants in the area. The rooms were lovely and clean. Coffee and tea are available 24/7 in the lobby and the breakfasts were substantial. Enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: Our first floor room was quiet, although in the morning you could hear the car doors shutting in the parking lot outside.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Pretty decent place to stay. The front desk service is very helpful to guide us some places to go around Rutland. We did a quick stop at supermarket just across the hotel & found some good lobsters & brought them back to eat. We should stay 2 nights to explore surround area next time.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I called this establishment in order to retrieve a missing confirmation that I had not received in my email. The original representative that I spoke to was extremely helpful and resent the confirmation email. When I still had not received it the next day, I called once again. The gentleman that I spoke with was very impatient with me from the very beginning. He answered the phone and instead of asking me to hold right off the bat, he suddenly and rudely interrupted me in the middle of me detailing my issue and asked me to hold. When he came back on the line, I continued to tell him my issue. Instead of listening and being patient, he again rudely and with attitude completely cut me off mid sentence and said he would attempt to send the confirmation again. I was so shocked at the blatant disregard for even listening to what I had to say. As an establishment that has mostly positive reviews, I would expect much more from some of the hotel's staff. I don't think this negativity is widespread, but I got off the phone feeling very annoyed and aggravated by the situation. I felt like the person had no interest whatsoever in even attempting to be courteous with me which I believe is a very basic function of working at the front desk of a hotel. I've worked with the public for many years and know this is no way to treat customers.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Kaylan A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. The impression you received from the person helping you is certainly not how we want our guests to feel when interacting with our team. With that being said, when you call the hotel, you're given several options for different departments. Depending on which prompt you chose, you may have been sent to central reservations. If you happen to remember the name of the associate you spoke to, I'd love to hear from you so that we can ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Rest assured that it is not the norm.

Kaylan Arnold