“Clean and cozy”

Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A very clean hotel in scenic Rutland. After a long day on the road and a late business meeting, it was a nice place to go and unwind for the night. All of the staff was helpful, and the breakfast and coffee were top notch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Russ N

Reviewed October 5, 2013

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to all my fellow Trippies out there, who stayed here and gave reviews; they were very helpful and spot on! First of all, the staff here is the most friendly and helpful I have ever encountered! (Great job, Tess!) I wanted to book a suite, but it was not available (note to you; book suite at least over a month in advance if not sooner), and the staff checked the availability right up to my arrival. There were some small problems with my room; staff took care of situations promptly and to my satisfaction. Room seemed clean, duvet coverlet beautiful, bed very comfy. Love the new vanities, plenty of amenities and space. Pool is small, but plenty large to get in some short laps. Was clean, did not have a bad chlorine smell. I had breakfast every morning; did not eat the hot choices, but did find hard -boiled eggs for protein (next to the granola, go figure). They also have yummy free cookies, tea, coffee, hot chocolate at 7 p.m. so get there early!
Nice location, beautiful views of the mountains, and very close to lots of stores, a foodstore, and restaurants. Oh, and their towels are much softer than usual hotel towels; quite a plus. On the downside, yes, the walls/ceilings/floor are a bit thin, I did hear some people laughing and talking in the next room; but who could get mad at that? (Per trippies advice I asked for a room on the top floor away from the elevators, which didn't seem too slow to me). What was really annoying was some parents who let their toddler run up and down the hallway several times at 10:00 at night!!! Sounded like a herd of elephants. Obviously, not the hotel's fault. Great staff, nice stay overall.

Room Tip: See above.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank barbara2020
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The staff were very friendly. WE particularly appreciated the kindliness and the greetings from the housekeeping staff as we walked towards the elevator. As usual, like any other Hampton Inn hotels we stayed at, the room was clean.

2  Thank Vicente D
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were able to book a night here at the last minute on a very busy weekend (Spartan races were here in Killington).The hotel was sold out when we stayed there but was never too crowded or noisy. Our room was clean and very roomy and the hotel was conveniently located. The staff were very welcoming and responded immediately to anything that we needed. The continental breakfast was quite generous and there is 24 hour coffee/tea service.

2  Thank linglingma
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great place to stay - young man at the front desk was friendly and efficient. I asked for restaurant recommendations, and he said a couple of places he usually recommended were closed because it was a Sunday. He still gave me 3 options - very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable; it was quiet and I didn't hear hallway traffic or guests in neighboring rooms. I was there on vacation, but would definitely return if I were again in the area - this is a top grade Hampton.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lady312
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. It is always clean and quiet. Staff is always helpful. It's an easy decision for us when we are in Rutland. Bed are very comfortable. You don't hear your neighbors going in and out their rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wife and I stayed 1 night while visiting friends. They let us check in early which was great since we had been on the road for 4 hours. The TV wasn't working when we got to the room so I called the front desk. Tom showed up in 5 minutes and had the set working in no time. The room was clean and quiet and had lots of space. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rutland

1  Thank BonzoCT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
#7 of 12 in Rutland
Jackson Gore Inn
Jackson Gore Inn
#1 of 5 in Ludlow

Been to Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington? Share your experiences!