“Loved it”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Uranium City, Canada
“Loved it”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

When i was last here, i could walk to the Mall, I could Walk over to Red Lobster, or Denny's.
The Red Roof has really done a number here, it looks great! Best Pool in Vermont! Great Location, I can head over to Glenn falls , or down to Manchester to do some Factory Shopping.
The Staff is friendly, and they will give you all of the help you need. Nice Job Red Roof!

Room Tip: Call ahead
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. I am glad you enjoyed staying with us, and are able to go to the mall and visit the factory outlets nearby. I will make sure my staff know that they did a good job and were able to help you. Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Iowa
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed 2 nights at this Red Roof in July and liked it so much we made reservations at a couple of other RR's later in our trip. Unfortunately, this one was apparently unique - at least it was much nicer than the others we tried.

The room size was fairly typical for this type of motel but everything worked, it included a microwave and fridge and it was very clean. I enjoyed the large pool - after a lot of driving, the stretch of swimming is great and it is long enough to actually swim some laps. We used the convenient laundry room - the washers and driers all worked and were very reasonably priced (I think I remember about $1.50 each).

I particularly enjoyed the breakfasts which were definitely a step up from the typical "continental breakfast." They had pastries, bagels, toast, cereal, waffles but also eggs and sausage as well as fruit and yogurt. Everyone we met there was welcoming and friendly.

Our room was right next to an exit and I did notice employees on break tended to cluster there to smoke. I wonder if that's what some other reviewers were smelling when they complained about the smokey smell. Our room smelled fresh and smoke-free.

We would definitely recommend this particular Red Roof Inn and will go back if we're in the area again!

1 Thank fotobug
Thank you for your recent posting. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our unique Red Roof Inn. It is also nice to hear you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities, the pool, hot breakfast, and great value for money rooms. It is great that you will visit us again.
Martinsville, Illinois
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel was very clean. Our room was clean and comfortable. The air worked well. The tv worked well. They are pet friendly. There was parking for our trailer. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Denny's is right next door and do take out. It was a very nice place for weary travelers on the way to kankamagus. We have stayed before and will be back again. Thank you.

Room Tip: 219 was a good king room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snog89
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time from your day to tell us about your great stay. It looks like you are a repeat customer, and have enjoyed our services before and you will be back. We like to see what you enjoyed, and your feedback is very important to us. See you soon.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed September 8, 2013

we felt that we got good value for our money. the staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. the breakfast offered a variety of choices and the service was good. we enjoyed the indoor pool early in the morning before checkout. we were placed on the second floor in a far wing and there was a lot of walking to the pool and to the breakfast. otherwise a very nice stay.

Room Tip: try to get a room on ground floor and close to the dining area, pool and fitness room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting. At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide the best possible, rates, amenities, rooms, customer service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your hotel stay, and that you are able to share your thoughts with other readers. We hope you can stay again with us.
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Not the newest or most updated hotel, BUT: staff is friendly and very helpful. Rooms are always clean & tidy, and breakfast is free and a little above average. Very nice breakfast nook with a view of the courtyard, and really close to the Mall in Rutland. Pool is adjacent to and indoors. We stay here whenever we visit my son in Proctor. Tried one of the other big name chains with good ratings and a better looking outside: VERY dissappointed! Came back here in that same stay because staff was MUCH more polite & customer service oriented. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with other readers. I am glad to see that my staff and I were able to provide excellent customer service, with clean and affordable rooms. At Red Roof Rutland we strive to provide all our customers with the best experience possible. I am glad that you enjoyed so many of the amenities that we provide also. See you on your next visit!
Montreal
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Pleasant stay. Hotel amenities good. Room cleaned and adequately furnished. Pool was nice and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included and decent and slightly above what I usually experience for this category of hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent posting. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant stay. We try to provide the best rooms & rates with the best amenities. Customer service is top priority and I will be sharing this review with my staff. It is nice to hear that the hot breakfast was above average for you. I hope you stay with us again in the near future.
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The rooms were clean but they and the whole hotel smelled like an ash tray. The breakfast was like every other place. The kids loved th pool but it was too cold for me. It was an ok place to stay for one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your honest thoughts. We try to provide the best to all our guest's. I am glad to see that the pool was a hit with some of your family members, and that a good breakfast was an option we provide. I am sorry to hear that your stay was average, and with the feedback you have given we will see where we could to better. I hope you visit us again.