“Red Roof Inn for a cheap night in between ski days”

Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Hamden, Connecticut, United States
“Red Roof Inn for a cheap night in between ski days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel on priceline for the 4 of us. They were running a great special for a holiday weekend. The rooms were very cheap but they were also clean, decent, and comfortable. Killington is only about 35 min away and I would definitely do it again if I can get the same deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Very delighted to hear that the room was clean, comfortable and affordable. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I drove to Rutland for the night to see a show so just needed a clean, comfortable room for the night. The room was fine with a comfortable bed. The price was reasonable. It had all I needed for a short stay. It is a motel so don't expect anything much more.
The woman who checked me in was efficient and helpful when I asked for directions.
I was amused by the guy at check-out - he had his earbuds in and kept them in the whole time I was checking out - I could hear the music so I knew he hadn't bothered to shut if off during the process.
It was 6am so I am guessing he is the night audit guy so I will but him some slack.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear that the bed was comfortable and the rate was reasonable. I am sorry to hear that at 6.00am my staff who checked you out was occupied with something else. Please be assured that this will be taken care of, and your comments shared with all my staff. We strive to give each guest the attention they deserve. Hope you visit us again soon.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Trash under bed, hair in bathroom. Traveling companion was moved without notice to a different room due to "plumbing issues" in nearby room. Companion later complained of having been "bitten by bugs" in original room, so draw your own conclusion.

Room Tip: Stay away from the "400" wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. My team & I take feedback very serious, and I apologize that we did not meet up to your expectations. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not a happy stay, as we strive to give our best. I hope you are able to give us another chance to show you that we can provide a clean room, and can meet a guest's need.

Travelers are raving about these Rutland hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at a few Red Roofs across the country and they are always a great value. We came to Vermont for the weekend to ski in the area and this hotel was perfect. It's about a 15 minute drive to Pico/Killington and everything you would need was nearby. There is a Denny's next door, a Hannaford grocery across the street & a Dunkin Donuts just down the road. The room was your average hotel room but clean and big enough. The free breakfast is not so great but if your just looking to grab a banana and get on the slopes it does the job. We didn't use the pool but we did go check it out and it looked clean and the pool area was also well kept. Check in was fast and easy and all the staff we interacted with we're friendly. We would definitely stay again if we're in the area. Recommend to anyone looking for a clean place to crash after a day of skiing.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBeanKG
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were happy with your stay, and that the staff you met were able to help you and they were friendly. It is always nice to hear clean, comfortable, great value, for your money. I hope you come again.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

It's great for a Red Roof Inn. The rooms were fairly nice, everything was clean and worked properly, and its very convenient to Pico and Killington. There was a breakfast and also a pool, but both were kind of gross. The towels needed to be retired, and our bed wasn't the best, but we made due. If you don't mind a little mileage on your room, and you get a good price, stay here. Don't expect anything extravagant, but it's great for a Red Roof.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I am glad your stay was convenient to the ski slopes, and that your room was clean and all the amenities were in working condition. All feedback is critical, good and also things you would like to see a change in, such as the pool and the towels. I will take your comments back to my team. We look forward to your next visit.
Darien, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We just returned from 4 nights at the Red Roof Inn in Rutland where we stayed while skiing at Killington. We chose this based on the great price plus the fact that it is pet friendly. I think official policy is that you can't leave your dog alone in the room, but if s/he is well behaved and crated while you are out then it should not be a problem. In fact, to avoid any questions we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door during the day and just changed our own towels- it worked out perfectly. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable, plus having a fridge in the room was really convenient. Breakfast (included!) was also very good, the fresh waffles are a highlight.

The hotel is directly on a main road with lots of shops and restaurants which is quite convenient- it was heavily snowing on our last night and we just walked next door to the Denny's for dinner. Our 12-year old loved the pool and sauna, it was nice to be able to stay in for the evening and keep everyone entertained.

Overall a recommended place to stay in the Rutland-Killington area, we saved about $800 staying here versus staying right in Killington for 4 nights. A little less convenient but totally worth it.

Room Tip: If you have a dog the ground floor rooms will be more convenient for taking it out for walks, ask fo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the fantastic comments. My staff & I are very pleased that your family and pet were able to stay with us. We do allow 1 pet per room, at no extra charge. It was nice to hear you enjoyed alot of the benefits we have, fridge & microwave rooms, fresh waffles, clean room & bathroom, at a great price! We have the indoor pool & dry sauna also, which your daughter loved. It is nice to go away from home and be able to take your pet also, as they are also a part of your family. Looking forward to seeing you again with your pet!
Hampton Falls, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

In August 2012 my husband, 8 year old son and myself stayed here. Our beds were comfortable and room was clean. The pool was fantastic. There were plenty of restaurants/shopping all on the same road but with talking to a pleasant front desk employee we decided on going for dinner downtown. Amazing choice! Breakfast the next morning was hot and delicious. We would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family