“Best value for the money”

Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Brookfield, Illinois
“Best value for the money”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 2 days at this hotel and found it very comfortable and the personnel were very nice. We had a hot breakfast each morning with scrambled eggs and waffles as the offerings. What makes this special is that it was only about $50 a night. We've stayed at more expensive places on our trip that didn't seem nearly as comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone on a budget!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RRI0639, Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our Red Roof Inn in Rutland, VT. My staff takes great pride to ensure all guests have the best customer service experience possible. I am very glad you enjoyed our full deluxe hot continental breakfast! We hope to create great value for our guests by offering reasonable prices and delighting them with a variety of ammenities. We also have sausage, cereals, juices, and fresh fruit ready for you when you come back and see us again! It's skiing season until the end of March - come back soon to enjoy the beautiful Green Mountains in the winter!

Regards,

Rakhee Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Wilmington, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I been staying here 2-3 times a year for three nights in a row for over ten years with a bassfishing group.Always a clean room the desk people are polite rates are very good.I can say though this past Sept stay the Rooms smelled a little smokey even though it was a non smoking room. We like having Dennys next door thats a plus and being able to park the bassboats in Dennys lot along with the elec hookup is great.This is no Hampton Inn but its a nice place.

Room Tip: Get a non smoking first floor facing Dennys for a short walk to the car.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RRI0639, Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guest
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you have stayed with us on your bassboat adventures. We take customer service very serious, and like to provide great rooms at a great price. We look forward to your next visit, regards
Boston MA
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Traveling w/ my son, who also works for our family business. I paid for our room through a third party. He wanted his own bed, of course, and were charged an extra $20 for an " upgrade " to two beds, from a king. We weren't offered the option of a rollaway. I've stayed at many hotels of much superior quality and have never been assessed an extra charge for two beds when using priceline, hotwire, etc., providing there was availability. The hotel was almost empty, on this particular night. Maybe we just got the wrong desk clerk. She was not the least bit friendly, devoid of personality, and even used the old cliche " don't blame me, I just work here." She clearly shouldn't be in the service industry. The lobby is, as well as the room, worn around the edges and needs updating. There was mold and hair in the tub, and the sink wouldn't drain, so it stayed full all night, and couldn't be used at all in the morning to shave or brush teeth. When I mentioned it at the desk in the morning, there was no hint of interest or apology. I filled out a comment card and never received a response. Wouldn't stay there again on a bet. There's a nice Comfort Inn next door. Found out too late.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback . I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. We try hard to give each guest the best service and to try to meet what they request. We did not acheive that with you, and hope that we can on your next visit to Rutland, VT.
Regards
General Manager.
Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on September 5th for one night. Upon arriving there was a small problem but the staff resolved it very fast and without any hassle. Kudos to them for that. They did it without making it seem like it bothered them. The room was very clean. I was in the back building in room 433 and had no problem with bed bugs at all. I notice a few others posted about that. I can only say that 433 was fine.

Two problems that I had:

At 6am this morning, the fire alarms went off. We all got out of the building and stood around waiting. The response time of the Rutland Fire Department was terrible considering that it is their job to show up for fire alarms. Obviously that is not the hotels fault. What is the hotels fault is that we never saw any employee during the entire situation. Now I understand that they were dealing with the problem at the time. But once it was clear for the guests to go back in, they should have at least come out and told us and apologized. Not one employee came around at all. The FD sent a fireman around to let us know it was all clear but hearing from an employee saying they are sorry would have been nice as well. Especially considering it was an alarm caused by burnt toast that they were cooking at breakfast.

When I was leaving to check out, there were three housekeepers right outside the door to entrance C smoking. There is plenty of property for them to do this but they decided to do it right at the door. I even had to walk around them as they stood there smoking and chatting.

Neither of these two problems would stop me from staying here in the future. Overall it is a good hotel. I just mention these two issue because I work in the same industry and I know that online guest reviews are a good way to get the managers to address the issue.

Room Tip: 433 was clean and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tarddersauce
Dear guest
Thank you for your feedback, it is always good to hear the good and the bad. I will be sharing your feedback with my staff, and we will continue to work hard to provide fast and hassle free service. We learn a great deal with customer feedback, and take feedback as a learning tool.
We strive to serve our customer, and look forward to seeing you in the near future,
regards,
Lincoln, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 27, 2012

BED BUGS!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTELl!! EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL OWNER/MANAGER.

Booked this 2 star hotel through Priceline. The front desk girl was very nice and upon inspection, I was pleasantly surprised with the room decor. I made my usual room inspection and everything looked fine. Luckily we did not unpack, left room and returned about 9:30 to find three bed bugs on the side of the box spring. I called the front desk and they immediately moved us five doors down (told us no other rooms available in other wings) to Room 418. The front desk clerk was apologetic and said that management would contact me the next day. The cleanliness of Room 418 was in drastic contrast to our original room which I think was 410. My daughter stepped on a thin 12" silver wire that was bent and laying on the carpet, hair was in the tub and bathroom, a thick layer of dust was on the lamp and the room was 85 degrees. It was too late at this point to find another hotel (daughter was also getting sick), so we put luggage in the bathtub and hoped for the best. Needless to say, it was hard to sleep since the air conditioner was not powerful enough to cool the room quickly and we were worried about bed bugs. We were told that night that they had never had bed bugs, but when I went back to our old room to retrieve something we thought we forgot, the beds were torn apart, head boards were off the walls and an extremely toxic fume from a canister was being pumped into the room. One breath of this fume, and I choked for an hour. I just hope that not too much of this toxic fume got into the adjoining rooms.

The next day, the owner/manager would only speak with me by telephone. I requested a full refund and to be "walked" to another hotel for our second night since we would have to go through all the bed bug precaution hassles with our luggage. The owner/manager was irrational, continued to accuse me of disliking her (hmmmm), and agreed to the refund but refused to "walk" us to another hotel. She said that they could not process a refund right away since Priceline was "closed" on weekends, so I immediately contacted Priceline and informed them of the situation. Priceline was great and confirmed and processed everything immediately.

The employees of this hotel are made to suffer with a tyrannical employer because there are very few jobs in this area of Vermont. They try their best to provide guest satisfaction, but it is impossible for them to accomplish this with their hands tied by unprofessional management. I did find out that bed bugs have been an ongoing problem in the second floor "400" wing for quite some time. The hotel just won't pay to have a proper extermination, but instead, chooses to detox one room and force bed bugs into adjoining rooms.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL . . . and pray for good new jobs to become available for the long suffering employees of this Indian descent managed hotel.

We ended up moving to the Comfort Inn down the street. The Comfort Inn was great and had extremely nice personnel, amazingly comfortable beds and a great comp breakfast.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL - Comfort Inn down the street is a better choice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jgkzak
Dear guest,
I apologize for your experience at our Inn and as soon as the problem was brought to our attention we contacted a third party solution to immediately remedy the experience. It is our goal to exceed your expectations as a guest in regards to your experience and room experience, and in this case it sounds like we did not do that. We have taken care of the issue and I hope you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.

Rakhee - manager.
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Nothing bad to say about this hotel. Always able to get a room. Easy access from Route 7. Fast check-in. Clean and quiet. Comfortable beds. Nice breakfast - eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, muffins, juice. One of these days I will have to try the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan S
new jersey
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Entered the room and encountered a disgusting smell. Turned on the air and in an hour it was gone. The hotel should at least have the air on knowing people are going to check in. The good points were that the room was very spacious. Bedspreads were very scratchy. A little mold in the shower. The breakfast was excellent. Scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit , yogurt etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family