“good service and good quality”

Seward Family Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 116 Restaurants in Rutland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Albany, New York
“good service and good quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Prices are very reasonable. If you dispute this, you are from another planet! Service is fast and friendly. The food is better than Denny's or other horrible chain restaurants. Not a classy place, but a good value for the $!!! I don't need bud vases on the table for breakfast!

• Visited August 2013

Reading, United Kingdom
“Ghastly!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My father and I were visiting some family in Rutland and we took them out to dinner at Sewards. I have to say that was one of the worst meals I have ever eaten, let alone paid a lot of money for!!!! The waitress was very friendly but new so had to be helped out by her very rude colleagues. We were given a specials menu, barely readable but it didn't matter as all but one of them were sold out. My pork chop was so tough that it bent my cutlery in half when trying to cut it,frozen veg and rice, over cooked and swimming in cold water....I could drone on for hours. What put the tin lid on it was having the staff sweep the dirt around the table when we were still eating, when I made the unfortunate mistake of glancing down at the broom I was asked 'if I liked watching other people work'!! None of this horror was cheap and they tried to overcharge us. It was like eating in hospital in the 70's!!!

4 Thank NurseQuirk
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Big Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went to this restaurant due to a review in a travel book... BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Everything about it was average. With so many mom and pop places it was a bummer that we chose this place.

Rutland, Vermont
“This is Seward's not like I would want to remember”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

First of all DO NOT look at the ceiling. You want to cover your plate to protect it from possible falling dirt. The breakfast is not such a bargain because the quality is not there. I have been going to Seward's resturant for 40 years but it just is not the same. Roland Q Seward (whose picture hangs on the wall) is probably rolling over in his grave. Please clean the resturant and bring the quality up to the other resturants in Rutland. Also the resturant looks nothing like the picture

2 Thank Martin W
Essex, Vermont
“Seward's Diary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

About 10 years ago I found out that the beloved Seward's Ice Cream isn't made by Sewards anymore. It's a great place to stop for a cone on a hot day.

• Visited December 2012