“amazing”
Review of Little Harry's

Little Harry's
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Harry's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in Rutland
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 22, 2009

This was our second time to Little Harry's and we can't wait till our third! The mussels for an app. are out of this world- spicy, but just right. Salads with homemade dressings(the red pepper ranch/lemon parm/ basil vin. were all fantastic) and french bread and cornbread come with each meal. As for entrees we've had the shrimp scampi(lots of spinach and lemon flavor), the cajon salmon (smoked to perfection), the salmon and cajon stuffing with a creamy sweet corn sauce, and the jerk scallops. All have been just perfect. We had a bottle of Yorkville High Rollers red wine, out of califonia. It was only $28 and complemented the spicy app and our meals perfectly. Also, we had the same server each time, Elizabeth, who is exceptional. Shes super friendly and you can tell that she really cares about your experience- a rarity for some places in rutland.
Overall, we can't wait to go back next week!

3  Thank outinVT

Reviewed March 14, 2009

We visited Little Harry's while we were skiing in Killington. The trip from Killington to Rutland took approximately 15-20 minutes and was totally worth it. The menu offers an amazing variety and we loved the food! We were impressed with the freshness of the salads not to mention the interesting choices such as Thai sweet and sour and lemon parmesan (just 2 of about 6 starter salad choices offered along with the meals). For our meal, we chose a pasta dish and a duck dish that were delicious! Portions were generous-so much so that we didn't have room for dessert. Little Harry's is a cute restaurant with nice atmosphere. Casual and not stuffy. You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank 1peacefrog
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Love this place! They have a great menu with a lot of variety and reasonable prices. They have the best Jerk seasoning and the best apps. I would highly suggest you stop in!

3  Thank naturechick
Reviewed December 23, 2008

Wonderful, eclectic menu, filled with phenomenal flavors. We eat here whenever we are in town.

3  Thank VermontVacationHouse
Reviewed October 30, 2008

What a great find! Thank you, TripAdvisor! My husband and I ended up in Rutland for a night and made a beeline for this place because of the reviews, and, boy, are we ever glad we did.

The menu is vast (almost too vast!)and eclectic (there are American, continental, Thai, and Mexican choices). I started with the Red Red Shrimp, five plump, butterflied shrimp in a hot hot Thai sauce. (Warning to the heat-sensitive: When they say "hot" on this menu, they mean hot!) My husband had the corn bisque, which also featured plump and tasty shrimp. For an entree, I had the duck breast, which was perfectly medium rare as per my request. It came atop a bed of rice, with a side of beets and some lovely peach chutney. My husband had the ravioli, topped with a fiery red sauce. Our only problem was that we'd overordered--couldn't finish our entrees and didn't have room for dessert!

Revelation of the night: the amazing house salads, so often done wrong at so many places that I barely ever eat more than a couple of bites. But these house salads were fresh, crisp and cold, with just the right mix of lettuce, carrots, and alfalfa sprouts, lightly tossed with Lemon Parmesean dressing. I could eat this salad every night of my life and never get tired of it, it was that good. When I complimented the waitress on the salad, she told me she'd made it from scratch herself. No pouring tired mesclun out of a bag at Little Harry's!

Speaking of the wait staff, service was fast, unobtrusive, impeccable. Decor is warm and cheerful, with local art on the walls (we were seated in front of a vivid hand-made quilt that we kept turning around to admire).

The only thing that, in my opinion, could be improved was the wine-by-the-glass choices. Nothing was bad or undrinkable--just sort of OK--but given the high quality of the food, I expected a little more creativity here. (There are so many great Oregon and Washington Pinot Noirs for under $20 a bottle; why pick a middle-of-the-road wine like BV Coastal?) But this is a minor problem, easily fixed by ordering your wine by the bottle, which we'll do the next time we visit. Will look for an excuse to come back to Rutland, just so I can eat here again...