“Good food, reasonable prices, make reservations...”
Review of Little Harry's

Little Harry's
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Harry's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 116 Restaurants in Rutland
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We returned to Little Harry's after being there a few times a couple of years ago and liking it. Hint: Make sure you have reservations if you are going on a Friday or Saturday night! We arrived about 7:30 on a Saturday without reservations and the place was packed (good to see in this economy) Gave our name and number and was told probably about 45 minutes. We left to try and find another place to eat and tried Table 24 and Roots. Again, nothing available till after 9pm. Luckily we circled back and called Little Harrys and was told come right in. When we arrived there were actually a few empty tables which quickly once again filled in about 15 minutes. Our waitress was friendly and food prep time was average. I had a grilled swordfish special which was actually very good. My wife had a green chicken curry dish which was extremely spicy and way too salty. Overall the menu has a pretty good variety and prices seem fair. Suggestion: If you order any dishes that are spicy ( there are a few) make sure you stress to your server how hot you really want it. Overall we still like the place and would return again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

my wife and I had a voucher for little harry's but after speaking to another guest we didn't think we would go after all when someone describes a restaurant as ok it doesn't sound like a place we would be interested in. after much debate we figured we should give it a try, we were very happy we did it had a good menu and we were both happy with our meals good portion good food what could be better oh yeah reasonable priced. next time we visit rutland Vermont little harry's will be a must stop.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have been to the sister restaurant (Harry's in Mt. Holly, VT - recently moved to larger quarters in Ludlow). We used to go all the time, but hadn't been back in several years after disappointing meals. We thought it was time to give it another try. Service was very good and friendly, although we did have to ask for coffee refills after the end of the meal. We all tried different appetizers and dishes. The ginger wontons were truly superb and I could make an entire meal out of them. A shrimp chowder soup was mediocre, according to friends. I had the special scallops and they were excellent. However, the clear noodles and lettuce that accompanied them were not particularly good. The flautas were very good, pork okay and chicken tiffany pretty good. No one had dessert, but the coffee was very good. It was packed so the majority of folks must love this restaurant. It will be several years before we give it another try. There are better options.

1  Thank milliegordon2
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I went here to be a bit out of the hustle, bustle, and waits of the restaurants up the hill in Killington when we were there over New Year's. It was a fantastic choice. Unlike many of the Killington restaurants that only provide a modified menu during the holidays, Little Harry's had their full menu to choose from with options including everything from Pad Thai and Flautas to lamp chops and seafood dishes. It is a family owned restaurant where the owner ( dad!) and children all were working and provided the most excellent service. Food was delicious and the prices were appropriate for the dishes instead of inflated for the tourists. We ran into a good amount of locals eating there which was a the extra seal of approval for sure. For dessert you MUST!! have the super big chocolate brownie. It was hands down the best brownie that we've ever had! Definitely somewhere we will visit again when in the area.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

On the recommendation of my son who'd eaten here before we came to Little Harry's.Everyone enjoyed their meal.Highlights were my salad dressing(lemony vinaigrette),the duck,shrimp+corn soup,and the best decaf espresso I've had anywhere.I even ordered two which I never do.