“In My Humble Opinion”

Add it.
A Crust Above
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stopped at "A Crust Above" tonight as my wife and I were in the pizza mood. It took approx. 30 minutes from the time our order was given to the time that it was delivered to the table. It was hot when we received it and that's a good thing, right? Well the ingredients tasted quite fresh but the whole meal reminded you of eating a pizza from one of the large chain pizza restaurants like Pizza Hut, etc. What looked different was their Signature Pizzas which had unusual ingredients for a pizza and their dessert menus which looked delicious at least on paper. I must admit that we did not try these items as we were not that hungry...possibly our experience may have been quite different if we had.

There are newer reviews for A Crust Above

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Ordered pizza. Sauce was very sweet. Would not recommend. We had one beer each and 12" pizza for $33 before tax. Not a good value.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The bad part of the review. I ordered the "3 Pigs" pizza. The sauce that was used was so watery that when I cut apart the first piece, the plate flooded with watery sauce. Don't even think about picking up a piece, you're going to have to use a knife and fork to eat this pizza. And the soda had zero carbonation. The better part of the review. The crust was a whole wheat, and quite tasty, soggy but tasty. The pizza was clearly cooked in a pan, and not a stone or other hot surface. It also had a high oil content, only adding to the sogginess. The good part of the review. It was served on a real plate, not a paper plate, a paper plate would have disintegrated from all the sauce. Service was OK, but nothing to write home about. There are better choices.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was amazed at how much pepperoni was on the pizza. The sauce was by far the best that I have had in a long time. The price was fair for what I got. It was made fresh to order(the pizza) it only took 15 minutes from the time it was ordered until it was served. The young lady was very friendly and caring. She made me feel like I was the only person in the place (it was crowded). I found out that the kithcen is actually downstairs. These people rock!!!! Whenever I go to Rutland I will always go to A CRUST ABOVE. Absolutely first rate!!!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place has some of the best and most unusual pizzas I've had. The crust is delicious with an extra smear of garlic butter on the rim, great sauces too. Be sure to try their Red Potato Pie - red bliss potatoes over a sour cream sauce with broccoli and bacon - so delicious you won't believe it!

1  Thank NausetYaYa