“I was surprised. Pleasantly!”
Review of 99 Restaurants

99 Restaurants
Ranked #5 of 116 Restaurants in Rutland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was my first visit to a Ninety Nine restaurant. I'm not sure what I expecting but certainly not what I found. Great range of beer, exceptionally friendly staff and barman and the food was excellent. I think I had put it into the same basket as Applebee's which it certainly is not, much much better.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have tried a Restaurant 99 once before in another location (Littleton, New Hampshire), and I was not impressed. But this place was right next to the hotel, and it was constantly packed with people, and it got a lot of good reviews on tripadvisor, etc. So I decided to give them one more try. This time I was very satisfied, and everything tasted great. I can specifically recommend the Honey BBQ chicken wrap with a side of rice pilaf. It was all good. For dessert we all split some kind of brownie ice cream sundae served in a large cocktail glass, and it was awesome. The service was very friendly, and quick. So, for this specific Restaurant 99 in Rutland, VT, I definitely give it two thumbs up.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I love this place! We stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was close, the beer was cold and the food was awesome!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Arrived on a Friday night around 5:15PM and dropped off 94 year-old grandfather and significant other out front and when I got in was shocked to find the whole town of Rutland inside waiting. Seriously, at least 50 people in the lobby, so busy they were out of buzzers. Luckily, someone was nice and gave our grandfather a seat because we waited about 40 minutes for a table (easier than getting him back in a car and trying somewhere else).

The restaurant has tiny bathrooms and after getting my grandfather up and hobbled over to the restroom, we get in to find the handicap stall is broken, the urinal is overflowing and dirty, and the only other stall was occupied by an employee who was sitting in there singing (was in there the whole 10 minutes while we waited and used). So, my grandfather had to prop himself against his walker and the urinal wall to try and use the restroom while avoiding the overflow. Because the bathroom was small and these issues, people were lined out the door to try and get in the restroom.

While sitting for 40 minutes watching people arrive and be seated before us, we come to find out there is "call ahead" service where you put your name on the list and then show up later and move ahead.

The decor is low-key TGI Fridays, big and open with bright lighting, and it is a chain. The employees were nice (more owing to Vermont probably) and the food portions were large and tasty.

I guess if it wasn't busy and I just wanted reliable, affordable comfort food for the family without a particular ambience, this is an OK place.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Mid-afternoon, late lunch. Chowder was really good. Our glazed salmon over salad was ok, but nothing special. Salmon was a little dry.